Sports Medicine Specialist, Family Practitioner

4987 Golden Foothill Pkwy
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
916-941-7362
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

• Currently 2.1935483870968 of 4 stars
 |  Regular person  |  show details
by Dave on Jun 10th, 2014

I had this doctor for over a year. Trying to get an appointment is very difficult if not almost impossible within a reasonable time. Reasonable to me is 1-2 weeks. I had about 4 visits over the year of which I have never had ANY contact with Cheryl. I was always pushed off to the PA. So in reality, I can not provide any feedback about the doctor because I was never able to see the doctor. If your in the market of finding a new doctor, keep looking because you will never see this one anyways.

|  In agreement  |  show details
by Agree on Feb 21st, 2014

I think reviewer below was referring to the self reviews on ZocDoc.com made by staff to inflate review standings

|  Unprofessional Office Manager, Good NP's, Bad expereinces  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2014

I wish I had read the reviews before wasting my time. I can also vouch that the manager is extremely rude and obnoxious. To start just listening to the voicemail recording was like listening to a small spoiled child. I should of know then if that was annoying there was something wrong. Who puts such a turned off unprofessional voice and person in a position to act like they are a doctor? She made my experience horrible, interrupted me constantly and tried to give me her option and advice in a condescending manner. This person has zero business working in the health field or any field dealing with the public face to face or on the phone. To think she has zero education in the field ( as read) and to try and portray herself so above everyone, pretentious and arrogant, shows she must be a very insecure, controlling and a mentally disturbed individual. This place does not treat you fair or respect you due to the horrible management. Do not go here. If you do good luck. What a waste of my time and money. This was my eighth visit. I only keep going to this office as I truly enjoyed Dr. Winsor and Simpsom and a few of the assistants I dealt with. I feel sorry for the staff who seem stuck. But a place is only as good as the people who run it. Each time I had issues with manager and today she finally pushed me over the edge. I will not return, I am leaving this practice, I would not recommend this office and practice and I will make sure I let others know as well of my experience and of the reviews on such sites as this one. Thanks your for talking so loud and sharing my medical issues with the whole office. I hope you are as embarrassed as you made me feel today, but then again probably not because you are probably right in your own sick head anyways.

|  Aggressive & inappropriate office staff  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2014

Saw this doctor for a basic illness that needed treatment. She seemed very knowledgeable, got right to the problem and solution. Her staff on the other hand are extremely rude! When I booked the appointment the girl on the phone spoke to me as if she were doing me a favor by giving me an appointment. When I came to the appointment one of the office staff was (to use another raters words) condescending and actually spoke to me (and every other person who came through the office or on the phone while I was there) in a voice that sounded like a cross between baby talk and speaking to a three year old. It was strange and unprofessional. Even though I liked this doctor I would not go back because I of the staff. Letting my insurance company know why. This doctor could do better with regards to employees.

|  Great service given by manager  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2013

The office manager is excellent at providing great after hours services to men. She has served my husband and quite a few others in the area. It took me awhile to realize what was taking place. It has ruined my family in more ways then I can state. If you get what she has to offer then you deserve it. After reading all the other reviews I felt a need to not thank her for her service but do so on the behalf of my son to be ex's stupidity. Great reviews she gave on herself by herself and her child on google. This office and practice is a disgrace to our community.

|  Be forewarned! A lawsuit waiting to happen.  |  show details
by Local chamber member friends and my family of 3 on Nov 25th, 2013

Do we need to say more? If you are interested in filing a complaint do what several of us did go to the American medical board, HIPAA and here you can file against the practice and the staff who is in violation. We came to find out the office manager holds no certification, education or experience in this field yet she has given her " opinion", signed my scripts forging Dr. Matossian's name, all while working outside her scope of practice. She caused harm to my healthcare and violated my rights. I am not surprised of the high turn over in her staff and patients. Read the reviews since she started working here. It was a good place before. You would think the bad rap in the community would open their eyes but it seems like now the DR , she is just in this for the money. The DR is always on vacation abandoning all care and business to her Ill equipped daughter to say it nicely.

|  They say it rolls downhill  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2013

I agree with negative reviews. I have been a patient for over 4 years. This practice was great until Dr. Matossian hired her daughter to run her office. I am disappointed and astonished with they way she runs the practice. It has made me question many times the professionalism and ethics of the Dr. Who allows someone to ruin and destroy her practice. Her daughter has given her mom a very bad reputation in the community by her allowing her to run over everything with an I don't give F attitude. This practice is all for money and has zero regard for patient service, respect and welfare. Be warned. I am looking for a new female MD and taking my referrals with me vs. vs. This place is damaged beyond repair and complaining gets you nowhere as the office manager is ( as other reviews state) a gatekeeper. Who knows if the DR even realizes what her daughter has done. I would be highly embarrassed and ashamed if I were here. Then again maybe she does not care and hence her daughter is following her lead as well.

Nov 10th, 2013

Horrible office staff. Office manager is a joke.

Jul 26th, 2013

Her office manager made a medical decision that conflicted with prior decision made by Dr. Matossian. She would let us talk to the doctor without an appointment (told it would be 2 weeks). When questions about the conflict, the office manager began to backtrack and deny and the doctor became punitive in response, still refusing to speak directly with us. If trust and integrity matter to you, do not use this doctor.

Mar 18th, 2013

Just a horrible experience won't ever go back!

Mar 9th, 2013

Bedside manner needs work. Definitely not patient first.

|  Watch her billing  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2012

She inflates her CPT billing codes. When I sent her a letter, she basically ignored my points and sent me to collection. Her office sybolizes everythign wrong with our medical profession.

|  WORST DOCTOR EVER!!!!  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2012

She is horrible. She makes you feel terrible if something is wrong and then pushes all kinds of meds on you to try out because she doesn't want to take the time to figure out what is wrong. The office staff is judgemental and extremely unprofessional. There are so many great doctors here I can't believe she still has a practice. I have seen her out of the office at local town events and she is a train wreck. So sad.

Oct 1st, 2012

The most incomptent admin staff in the history of medicine. They have no bedside manners, the office manager does school runs when patients are waiting to be seen. Nancy is a liar, she notes on her system that she advised clients about their diagnosis when infact she never did, so treatments are denied. All 3 front desk team is incompetent, I am sure that the dr never hears about the complaints of their services as they never allow you to talk to a dr. Who knows how many people were denied service and treatment due to these incompetent gate keepers.

|  slow but worth it  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2012

Long waits but takes her time with you, you never feel rushed

|  Great experience!  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2012

I think too many people high light the negative so I wanted to thank Dr. Matossian for her help with my hormones. She prescribed me a cream that has done wonders as well as supplements. I can't say I've had an issue with her pushing the supplements on me. She offered me to buy them at her office or the option of a vitamin store in Folsom. She also gave me a sheet of paper to go online and order them myself or buy them in office for the same price as the online company. I had waited about a month to see her but her staff was great and helped me over the phone when I had issues logging on their website. I did wait 20 minutes to see her but with finding a Dr. that listened to me and was able to help me I was fine with it. I would definetly recommend this office.Samanta T.

|  Wouldn't recommend this office  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2011

Dr. Matossian is a good doctor, but she's in it for the money. She will push the drugs & supplements all day to make money. Her office manager, who is her daughter, I believe, has no concept of HIPPA. She is loud and obnoxious. On several occasions I have overheard her giving out personal patient information to a spouse. Whatever happened to patient-doctor confidentiality? I think in all the time I saw her, I saw only one face consistently & that was the front desk girl. The staff comes and goes for whatever reason & I think that makes room for more error. A close family member of mine received an infant vaccine from one of her students & she was well into her 60's!!

|  Excellent  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2011

Dr. Matossian is an outstanding physician whose practice ought to be emulated. My family has been with her since we moved to El Dorado Hills in 2005 and we've always been able to count on her. If its hard to get an appointment (I don't think its particularly hard) its for all the right reasons-- she is a great doctor and in demand.

Mar 8th, 2011

Dr. Matossian is a caring, and wonderful doctor. Would highly recommend to anyone.

|  The Best  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2011

I have been treating with this doctor for 6 years and have led my entire family to her for care. We all are extremely pleased with her knowledge, bedside manner, professionalism, and general humanity. This doctor listens, respects, and considers my opinions and desires for my personal healthcare. I have observed her treating my family members in the same way. She is down to earth, real, approachable, kind, and in general, the best doctor I have ever been lucky enough to have treated with. She stuck by me through some very difficult times, and while maintaining her professionalism, let me feel that she had a personal investment in me and a good outcome for me. I truly felt that we were working together toward my best interests. My highest recommendation for Dr. Matossian.

|  New Patient - quite pleased  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2010

I was referred by another patient. I was pleased with my visits so far. Good professional staff and prompt.There was an extra day waited for a return phone call that I noticed. Other than that, I have been pleased.I can't see if they have an email address or website to use. I am still looking.

|  What Doctor?  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2010

I have been a patient for about a year however that is about to change. I have never seen the doctor. She has failed to introduce herself or even make her presents known. I thought for a while that she had her staff running EVERYTHING. All I have heard from her staff is what they won't do. I have never been late for an appointment however, the staff lied to me on more than one occasion about my appointment time to get me to come in early, instead of allowing me to be responsable enough to get there on time. I'm through. I expect a doctor to be as responsible as they expect me to be!!!

|  Outstanding service  |  show details
May 19th, 2010

It is rare, in this day and age, when a doctor takes the time to find out what you have, make a proper diagnosis, and at the same time, be very caring and sympathetic.

May 18th, 2010

I've been a patient of Dr. Matossian for 4 years. I've never waited for more than a few minutes to see the her. She remembers me and my medical issues. She sits and listens attentively, and never hurries me.

|  3 strikes you're out  |  show details
by misdiag'd on Apr 14th, 2010

This doctor only likes healthy patients. If you are ill, you can't get an appt, and if you ask questions, she gets angry. Office staff is a joke. Pushes meds and put me on one that gave me huge headaches.

|  Patient Abandonment  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2008

This doctor failed to provide needed healthcare while I was ill. She did this despite the fact that her action violated her contractual obligations and put me in serious risk.She also failed to perform requested follow-up care.