Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner, Sports Medicine Specialist

Faithful patient for life show details Faithful patient for life
by Jean Weishahn on Jul 7th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Matossian for almost 15 years and the quality of service is the finest I have ever encountered. After seeing many specialists for pain and after numerous invasive procedures, Dr. Matossian correctly diagnosed my problem on the first visit. She promptly prescribed a medication that had never been mentioned to me by other doctors and the pain immediately became manageable. Prior to her diagnosis I was limited in not only my activities but I could seldom leave home. For the past 15 years I have been extremely active, I was able to finish my successful career in business and I have been able to thoroughly enjoy my husband, my children and my wonderful grandchildren. Dr. Matossian took great interest in seeing me get better and her staff has always been very supportive in making my appointments timely and pleasant. I especially enjoy their sense of humor when appropriate and their genuine interest in assisting me when necessary. I read some of the complaints listed on this site and I have a hard time believing them. I realize that when we don't feel well it's sometimes difficult to see the silver lining and that everyone has a bad day once in awhile. That being said, I strongly believe that if you go into Dr. Matossian's office (or any business) with a smile on your face that you will get many smiles back. These are good people and they have all served me extremely well.

Jun 23rd, 2015

Dr. Matossian is an excellent doctor. She spends the time necessary with you in order to solve the particular problem you have and then makes sure you have the best resource if there is any follow-up. She thinks outside the box in order to solve medical problems that you might have and is very caring and personable. My husband and I have been going to her for many years and she has never failed us. I would highly recommend her. She is your strong advocate!

Jun 11th, 2015

Dr. Matossian saved my life. I have been a patient of Dr. Matossian since April 2014. On December 16th 2014 I was in work and started having chest pain going down my left arm. I went quickly to Dr. Matossians office which was jam packed. I gave the receptionist my symptoms and she immediatly brought me to the RN who did my blood pressure and 02 sat which were both way off of normal. Dr. Matossian then did an EKG that was showing that I was having a heart attack in her office. They called the EMTS who brought me to Mercey General where I immediatly had bypass surgery done. If it wasn't for Dr. Matossian and her well trained staff I would not be here today. As a physician Dr. Matossian is great. She is very thorough and caring. She is with it an creates a sense of that I am well taken care of. Again I owe my life to her.

Fantastic Doc show details Fantastic Doc
by Jack M. on Jun 10th, 2015

I have been a patient her over ten years and been very gratified by the thoroughness of Dr. Matossian. I note that recently the office has become more efficient. I have always found them very personable and friendly. Because of my age and condition I have seen many doctors. Very happy with this one.

Dog in the Office?! show details Dog in the Office?!
May 11th, 2015

Overall, the staff for this doctor isn't the friendliest. It always feels like we're inconviencing them when we show up for an appointment. I expect my doctor office to be clean. I was blown away to have a dog running through the back offices and hallway. I see this as completely unprofessional, and just dirty. I will not be returning to this doctor/office again.

Stay Away show details Stay Away
by Mr. R on Feb 19th, 2015

All these negative reviews are right on in all areas. Unless you pay the extra concierge fees, you will see a PA. I a sure the only time I saw Matossian was when she had no PA to see me. She said she fired him but after reading the other reviews I am sure he quit. The PA's were fine. Office staff is as described in other negative reviews. When I did see Matossian, she rushed me through the appointment and left before I could ask her more about my health. There are a lot of other caring doctors out there. Stay away from this practice.

Concierge patients took over all of us! show details Concierge patients took over all of us!
by Lauren M. on Sep 3rd, 2014

The staff is not professional and not caring. The doctor may underpay the personnel and not get the best, who knows? I have been a patient there for 10 years, should I say 4 because the past 6 years have been dealing with specialists rather than Dr Matossian. Shame on me probably to not have changed earlier of family doctor. Dr Matossisan has "concierge" patients that pay thousands of dollars a year to be on the favored and preferred list who can have access to the doctor anytime almost from what I understood. Other patients are seen by NPs or not at all as you need to wait 4 months to get an appointment with Dr Matossian. The Doctor wants to earn money to go on trips, sometimes she is away for a month. This is the length of time she sometimes leaves her office which makes me think that there is no real doctor in place at times. This doctor certainly is a good doctor but chose her path : earning money rather than caring and being faithful to her pledge. Tried several times but too many disappointments so went finally to a new doctor ... where you can actually see the doctor when needed. I was very surprised to see that this office still takes new patients but turnover may require new patients often probably..

Regular person show details Regular person
by Dave on Jun 10th, 2014

I had this doctor for over a year. Trying to get an appointment is very difficult if not almost impossible within a reasonable time. Reasonable to me is 1-2 weeks. I had about 4 visits over the year of which I have never had ANY contact with Cheryl. I was always pushed off to the PA. So in reality, I can not provide any feedback about the doctor because I was never able to see the doctor. If your in the market of finding a new doctor, keep looking because you will never see this one anyways.

In agreement show details In agreement
by Agree on Feb 21st, 2014

I think reviewer below was referring to the self reviews on ZocDoc.com made by staff to inflate review standings

Aggressive & inappropriate office staff show details Aggressive & inappropriate office staff
Jan 12th, 2014

Saw this doctor for a basic illness that needed treatment. She seemed very knowledgeable, got right to the problem and solution. Her staff on the other hand are extremely rude! When I booked the appointment the girl on the phone spoke to me as if she were doing me a favor by giving me an appointment. When I came to the appointment one of the office staff was (to use another raters words) condescending and actually spoke to me (and every other person who came through the office or on the phone while I was there) in a voice that sounded like a cross between baby talk and speaking to a three year old. It was strange and unprofessional. Even though I liked this doctor I would not go back because I of the staff. Letting my insurance company know why. This doctor could do better with regards to employees.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
slow but worth it show details slow but worth it
Jul 20th, 2012

Long waits but takes her time with you, you never feel rushed

Great experience! show details Great experience!
Apr 23rd, 2012

I think too many people high light the negative so I wanted to thank Dr. Matossian for her help with my hormones. She prescribed me a cream that has done wonders as well as supplements. I can't say I've had an issue with her pushing the supplements on me. She offered me to buy them at her office or the option of a vitamin store in Folsom. She also gave me a sheet of paper to go online and order them myself or buy them in office for the same price as the online company. I had waited about a month to see her but her staff was great and helped me over the phone when I had issues logging on their website. I did wait 20 minutes to see her but with finding a Dr. that listened to me and was able to help me I was fine with it. I would definetly recommend this office.Samanta T.

Excellent show details Excellent
Apr 20th, 2011

Dr. Matossian is an outstanding physician whose practice ought to be emulated. My family has been with her since we moved to El Dorado Hills in 2005 and we've always been able to count on her. If its hard to get an appointment (I don't think its particularly hard) its for all the right reasons-- she is a great doctor and in demand.

Mar 8th, 2011

Dr. Matossian is a caring, and wonderful doctor. Would highly recommend to anyone.

The Best show details The Best
Feb 8th, 2011

I have been treating with this doctor for 6 years and have led my entire family to her for care. We all are extremely pleased with her knowledge, bedside manner, professionalism, and general humanity. This doctor listens, respects, and considers my opinions and desires for my personal healthcare. I have observed her treating my family members in the same way. She is down to earth, real, approachable, kind, and in general, the best doctor I have ever been lucky enough to have treated with. She stuck by me through some very difficult times, and while maintaining her professionalism, let me feel that she had a personal investment in me and a good outcome for me. I truly felt that we were working together toward my best interests. My highest recommendation for Dr. Matossian.

New Patient - quite pleased show details New Patient - quite pleased
Nov 7th, 2010

I was referred by another patient. I was pleased with my visits so far. Good professional staff and prompt.There was an extra day waited for a return phone call that I noticed. Other than that, I have been pleased.I can't see if they have an email address or website to use. I am still looking.

Outstanding service show details Outstanding service
May 19th, 2010

It is rare, in this day and age, when a doctor takes the time to find out what you have, make a proper diagnosis, and at the same time, be very caring and sympathetic.

May 18th, 2010

I've been a patient of Dr. Matossian for 4 years. I've never waited for more than a few minutes to see the her. She remembers me and my medical issues. She sits and listens attentively, and never hurries me.