Dr. Cheryl Neely DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 26th, 2013
Highly Illogical
Before my visit I was an atheist but now I definitely believe in God because the Devil exists and you can find her at the Cayuga Medical Center operating under the alias Dr. Cheryl Neely, D.O. She must be a superb con-artist to escape the HR interview where she was successfully hired at CMC. She had had absolutely no respect or regard for my grandmother as her patient, let alone a member of the same species. She used these cute referring titles like "honey" and "sweety" but only in a condescending nature. After my grandmother instructed her to call her by her first name, Dr. Neely refused. She spent negligible time with my grandmother and treated her like she was demented, talking directly to me instead of her. My grandmother might be old, but she's more spry than I am at times! The nursing staff was unable to start an IV (hey, it happens) so the Dr. had to come in to place one in her neck. My grandmother is a tough old bird and clamoured in pain from the Dr's fishing. The Dr. isn't friendly, doesn't smile, and refused to listen to anything that my grandmother was saying regarding her symptoms. Before you go to CMC as a patient check to see who the doctor is....if it's Neely, go to Cortland. Now that's saying something.

February 6th, 2013
She is literally the worst doctor that I have ever had or could imagine. She uses unprofessional terms of endearment when talking to you and doesn't care about what the patient wants. She gives no respect to her patients because they aren't physicians and can't know anything about their ailments. The worst part is since she's a small-time ER doctor, there's no choice in who treats you. Plus...she took the easy route and became a D.O. instead of an M.D.

November 16th, 2011
misdiagnosed and was careless about it
I came into the emergency room because I had a severe headache, dizziness and nausea. Cheryl Neely was the doctor who saw me. She read my file from a visit I had a while ago with similar symptoms and before she even got to me - diagnosed me as having a mental problem. (In other words she claimed it was all in my head) Never mind the fact that I am a certified and experienced mental councelor by profession! She sent me home to suffer. Two days later I saw my primary care doctor and it turned out that I had intestinal and sinus infection which needed antibiotics. About a week later I was as back to being nearly as good as new. Cheryl Neely as a doctor should never set foot in an emergency room. She is an idiot and careless with regard to doing her job efficiently. Her bedside manner was equally as icy. Her opinion was all that mattered, despite me telling her my profession and medical history. She PROUDLY misdiagnosed me and sent me on my way. To boot, she then billed my insurance as a mental health patient! My insurance did not cover the bill and neither will I.

November 17th, 2015