Dr. Cheryl Oh Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Cheryl Oh?

Posted on July 30th, 2015

Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to see Dr. Oh. Based on all of the reviews, I hear that she is a great doctor with a lot to offer. The unfortunate part lies on the office staff. I made an appointment for a new patient (myself- roughly a month prior to getting an appt.) At the last minute, I had reschedule for a few weeks later. Calling to reschedule the appt was the first indication of the poor office staff- I was put on hold multiple times for lengthy amounts while also dealing with a very short and rude temperament on the other end of the line. Patient service shouldn't be handled that way. So I arrive at my newly rescheduled appointment a few weeks later to only find I was never actually rescheduled..... FURIOUS. The office staff simply looked at stated the obvious. I work a busy schedule and have a thyroid issue I needed addressed as soon as I could and all they could do is simply look at me and provide........ nothing, and even more so, an indication that it wasn't their fault. Have you, this was approximately two months of scheduling and preparing for a doctor's office in central Florida- it's hard to get an appointment as a new patient in the area as it is. All in all, I talked to the office staff, including the manager and there was not a hint at hospitality nor the slightest of customer service. I am still so beside myself analyzing the entire situation. I'm only writing this review on behalf of the patients out there that should not have to go through this in the future. Hope this helps.

Posted on July 24th, 2012

Dr. Oh is fantastic-her office staff is not. Every time I call to make an appointment, I am on hold for at least 25 minutes (not an exaggeration). The staff does not check the voicemail-when I needed a prescription refill, I called three times, and it did not get filled. I had to go to the office and get in someone's face to get anything done. I lI've Dr. Oh, but it's almost not worth the hassle of dealing with her incompetent and apathetic office staff.

Posted on June 21st, 2012

Dr. Oh is a very caring,smart,awesome Dr.

Really like her

Posted on May 15th, 2012

I have been going to Dr Oh for at least 10 years for general physical and other issues. Have found her to be extremely careful, competent, and compassionate. She spends plenty of time, answers the questions, and gives good advice about taking care of oneself.

Staff returning calls

Posted on May 2nd, 2012

Called 5 times on 3 different days both my wife and I were told we would receive a call back each time. Never received a call back ever. Staff are a bunch of unprofessional's. We were calling about our 85 year old Mother. She is in the Hospital now. Thanks for the great service, and lousy office manners. If you didn't want us as Patients why not just tell us? That would be more appropriate then having us wait three days by the phone.

Great bedside manner

Posted on February 27th, 2012

Although it may take a little longer waiting for Dr. OH to see you. It is because she is very good at listening to what her patients have to say, discusses the symptons with you, goes over her diagnoses of what she recomends her patients needs for treatment. Dr. OH has helped me with gout, sleep apnea, physical, and pre surgery qualifications due to car accident, and is my primary care physician. I never felt like a patient that is seen for 5 min and rushed out the door. Dr. OH genuinely cares for her patients. U highly recommend her.

Excellent physician

Posted on November 29th, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Oh since she started her practice in Longwood. I wouldn't want to go to any other doctor. She is helping me keep my cholesterol and sugar in a good range. I don't mind taking pills to help me do this. Dr. Oh is very good in listening to my problems and always seems happy to see me. I would recommend her to anyone.

Posted on November 10th, 2011

Over the past several years, I have appreciated Dr Oh's compassion and comforting bedside manner. She is easy to talk to talk with and very thorough in her explanations. I like that she gives multiple options and explains the pros and cons. She allows time to try natural approaches when appropriate. Dr Oh takes the time to talk with me.

Lack of Empathy

Posted on October 18th, 2011

Dr. Oh lacks empathy when dealing with patients going through personal problems. If you don't agree with her wanting to feed you pills (antidepressants & tranquilizers) she says you are uncooperative and refuses to discuss other options. Basically she is a pill-pusher and is narrow minded to alternative forms of therapy.

Avoid at all costs

Posted on December 18th, 2009

I woke up with the stomach flu and made the mistake of calling Dr. Oh's office to ask if I should go to emergency - I was severely dehydrated; no fluids would stay down for over 7 hours. She told me to come in and I was seen by her associate Kar-Yee Ng. Dr. Ng wanted to give me a shot to reduce nausea which I agreed to since I felt so horrible. 15 minutes after the shot, I had a full out seizure with convulsions and passed out. Dr. Ng did not know what to do or what happened. They called 911 and I was taken to ER in an ambulance. I was told later that the drug she gave me should never be given to a patient who is dehydrated and it could have had much more severe risks than going into shock. All I needed was an IV to replace fluids and this office should have told me to go directly to the hospital when I called. I am currently looking for a new doctor!

Posted on October 8th, 2009

When patients go in for an annual physical, Dr. Oh sends them out to a lab for bloodwork. Then patients must return a 2nd time to discuss their bloodwork results about 10 days later. Dr. Oh is very thorough in explaining results including cholesterol(HDL & LDL). She might give you a chance to diet vs. putting you on meds if your numbers are just a little too high. She seems to use a team approach, which works well for many people. 5 Stars!

I love that Dr. Oh has appointment times at 7am in the morning!

Posted on September 2nd, 2009

Dr. Oh is great, the staff is friendly. I have never waited long to see a P.A. or Dr. Oh. Their new office is nice. I drive all of the way from Oviedo to see Dr. Oh.