Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Surgeon, Radiologist

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch.
Dr Potter = Pure Awesomeness! show details Dr Potter = Pure Awesomeness!
by Sadie Jacobs on Jan 7th, 2015

I just completed a very difficult pregnancy due to extremely high blood pressure. It never mattered how busy the office was, if my pregnancy was having the slightest "iffy" moment, I was worked in immediately to see Dr Potter and the sonographer. I felt like I might have been a pain in the rear with all of my fears and questions but the AMA's and my doctor we're so understanding and thorough. Some times I would be so anxious or fearful but Dr Potter always had a reassuring answer for me and a hug. When delivery rolled around my baby's heart rate had dropped so low that I really felt like my emergency c-section was not going to happen fast enough Dr Potter and her partner Dr Gillian we're so efficient and incredibly reassuring you can tell these doctors have such a high level of expertise in their field in a tough situation Dr Potter and manage to make me feel like this situation was going to be a walk in the park. I love her and will never be able to thank her enough for my living healthy baby boy!!!

DR POTTER IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! show details DR POTTER IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by Alexis on Jan 7th, 2015

DR. POTTER IS AMAZING!! One of the main reasons I love Dr. Potter is she is so matter of fact & doesn't sugar coat things! The office has such a good vibe and the nurses and doctors always cut up with the patients to make us feel more at ease. The front office is always so nice & knows who I am making me feel very welcomed every time I go see them. There is sometimes a wait to get in & a wait to go back but it is so worth it to see Dr. Potter!

BEST DR EVER! show details BEST DR EVER!
by MOMMYOF 2 on Jan 7th, 2015

I HAVE BEEN WITH DR.POTTER FOR MANY, MANY YEARS. SHE IS SUCH A FUN, CARING DR. MAKES GOING FOR "THAT" VISITMORE COMFORTING. SHE HAS DELIVERED BOTH OF MY CHILDREN AND HAS DONE SURGERY ON ME. SHE HAS THE NICEST OFFICE STAFF AND M.A.'S. THEY MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE FAMILY. SHE IS HARD TO GET INTO, BUT THAT JUST MEANS SHE IS A GOOD DOCTOR. THE OFFICE IS BEAUTIFUL, ALSO.

Office staff was very rude show details Office staff was very rude
Dec 10th, 2014

Called to make an appt. for my daughter who was in the ER and told she had a very large cyst on her ovary. This nurse told me she could not get me in for 6 weeks I told her she is in pain she told me give her Motrin and let it rupture and I said that's not helping then up it to 4 tablets, I told her I have and that does not take the pain away. We'll you need to come in so we can do surgery. How can you do surgery if you have not seen her?. Took her to another doctor the next day went in for emergency surgery that same day and her tube was twisted and she had to have it removed . She is only 18 years old. Office staff was so rude

Heartless doctor show details Heartless doctor
by Tarver on Jun 9th, 2014

Dr potter was the on call Dr for Me while I was in the hospital and she was heartless... She had no feelings and was completely rude. She didn't smile and talked over me when ever I tried to talk... She told met daughters were a personal problem and she didn't deal with personal problems. I don't know how she even got her PHD... She might be smart but she has no heart. Dr Gillean is the doctor to go to... STAY AWAY FROM DR Potter!!!

All good. show details All good.
by Dawn Sexton on Apr 14th, 2014

Dr. Potter and her NP Amy are the best. I have been going to Dr. Potter for 7 years and now my child is going to her. I had a hysterectomy and a bladder lift 4 years ago by dr. potter. She was very caring. I trusted her completely. I have worked in the medical field as a Registered Nurse, so I know what patient care should be. Dr. Potter and Amy have always been on top of it all. They are wonderful with my teenage daughter. I know when she decides to have children in the future she will continue to follow through with Dr. Potter. None of the staff have ever left me with questions. They have always explained things very thoroughly. The staff and the Nurses I have dealt with have always been very nice and informative. I will go to Dr. Potter and Amy the rest of my life.

Attentive, caring, and personable show details Attentive, caring, and personable
by Jessica F on Jan 15th, 2014

Dr Potter and her staff have been absolutely amazing. I have a high risk and complex pregnancy. They are always there for me and not only offer extensive knowledge with each hurdle, but also great support. Dr. potter has been working in conjunction with the amazing specialist she referred me to in order to ensure my sweet baby is having all her needs for care met. I am able to call with questions or concerns along the way and am never dismissed. The office atmosphere is very positive. The office is clean and maintained very well. I highly recommend Dr Potter.

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HER TO ANYONE !! show details WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HER TO ANYONE !!
by Anonymous on Nov 22nd, 2013

First off I need to say this, I am a first time mom, so the whole time I have been going to her, I was thinking the type of care I was getting was normal standard OBGYN care... My mom has been telling me the whole time that the care I have been receiving is not normal. I am 21 weeks, and out start getting prenatal care at her office at 4 weeks pregnant... Through this whole time I had seen her 2 TIMES, once for a unscheduled visit because she happened to be right there, and another time for a scheduled visit. Other than that I had to always see her nurse practitioner.. I have high blood pressure, and have been swelling really bad... and all I ever received from them was more medicine, and more medicine, and more medicine...they just shoved a bunch of medicine down my throat.. I went in one day around 18 weeks because I was having really bad stomach pains, and they just rushed me in, and said oh its normal, and rushed me out.. didn't do a sonogram or anything... and blew me off. So then my blood pressure spiked up, so I called them, and told them it was up and I was still having stomach cramps, and was swelling up really bad, and they ignored everything I had told them, and just said oh double your medicine, that was after I had to call numerous times to get the nurse to call me back !! So finally that was the last straw for me, I no longer felt comfortable with this office anymore... so I actually did research to find a doctor with great ratings on the internet, I called and spoke with the front staff, and they were SO nice and reassuring.. and I made an appointment, and it was the BEST thing I ever did... This doctor spends as much time as he needs to with me in the room to reassure me, and let me ask any questions (he does not have a timer on his ipad that he is only allowed five mintues at at time with me like Dr. Potter did), I have never seen anyone other than the doctor, and even for a simple blood pressure recheck he comes in and thoroughly checks me out, the front staff at the new office is seriously so sweet, and they actually remember me and ask me how im doing everytime I go in now ! Also, as soon as i sent the request for my medical records to Dr. Potters office the nurse called me twice, and left me messages, and when I finally called her back it wasn't how are you doing, how's your blood pressure, it was why are you switching, we have heard bad things about that doctors office... I was just like SERIOUSLY ! So needless to say, I would not recommend Dr. Potter and her staff to anyone, and if you have any weird feelings or anything follow your gut && switch. Im sure things would have been okay if we would have stayed with her, but I didn't feel like she cared or I was receiving the care or attention I deserved, after all I need to really feel comfortable and know the person who will bring my baby into this world, and has the potential to save my babies life !

Happy patient show details Happy patient
by kp on Jun 5th, 2013

Great doctor. One of the best and I work in the medical field.

Apr 17th, 2013

Dr. Potters bedside manner is terrible. She is uncaring and uninformative. Her office lacks compassion when dealing with a difficult pregnancy. I would not recommend this office to anyone.

Aug 13th, 2011

Lots of visits and copay for things that could have been taken care of in about two visits. I DECIDED TO CHANGE TO ANOTHER OFFICE AND ITS LIKE A NEW EXPERIENCE. VERY HAPPY WITH MY DECISION

GREAT OB/GYN IN ROWLETT TX show details GREAT OB/GYN IN ROWLETT TX
Apr 5th, 2010

I love my experiences with this Dr. The office staff is always friendly and ready to help. They even helped with watching my baby while I saw the Dr. Dr Potter is very through and I felt very comfortable with trusting my care to her. I will definitely refer my friends to her.

I was unhappy also show details I was unhappy also
by Citysearch User on Dec 22nd, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I went to see Dr. Potter based on knowing someone else in my office who used her. I needed a second opinion on something or I thought if I ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Would not recommend if you actually want to see a Dr. show details Would not recommend if you actually want to see a Dr.
by Citysearch User on Jul 7th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

The staff seems to be in a rush to get you off the phone as soon as possible. I only saw Dr. Potter the first time I went in and after that...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Stay away from Dr. Potter`s office. Find someone else. show details Stay away from Dr. Potter`s office. Find someone else.
by Citysearch User on Jul 6th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

this office will schedule multiple Office visits for unnecessary follow ups. at our first appt. Amy gave us a diagnosis and treatment plan ...

by Nelson3 on Apr 1st, 2009 on citysearch.com

The thing that annoys me is that you get undressed sit in the room with just this little paper thing on forever before the doctor sees you. When the doctor finally arrive they are in a hurry and rushing. Overall the office is nice and clean and the nurse

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Depends on what you`re looking for... show details Depends on what you`re looking for...
by Citysearch User on Mar 20th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Most people don`t want to see a Nurse Practioner when they go to have their baby. I was disappointed a few times when I went in and was sch...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
I agree show details I agree
by Citysearch User on Nov 13th, 2007 on insiderpages.com

Everytime I went for an appointment with this doctor, I always had to see her PA. I didn`t like that as well because when you go for these k...

Doctor's Response

No patient is required to see our nurse practitioner but many patients choose to see her. If a patient asks to only see the physician her request is honored.

Do you care show details Do you care
by Citysearch User on Oct 11th, 2007 on insiderpages.com

When I was about 8 weeks pregnant I made an appointment to see her.I never had a chance to meet her at that appointment or all the other app...