Dr. Cheryl Serr, MD Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Cheryl Serr, MD?

Urinary Incontinence

Urinary Incontinence

Have you seen Dr. Cheryl Serr, MD?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 21st, 2013

Not a happy camper!

Four years ago when my daughter was expecting her first child I would attend her doctor visits with her. During her pregnancy, my daughter experienced some complications that caused me concern. I expressed them to Dr. Serr who told me not to worry - but it turned out that I was right to worry. In spite of the fact that there were obvious signs the baby was ready to be born on time, Dr. Serr let my daughter go three weeks over her due date without giving her any kind of tests to be sure the baby was alright. Finally, my daughter was induced but, again, complications were ignored by Dr. Serr during her labor. She came in for approximately 3 minutes at the moment that the baby was to be delivered. My grandson was born bluish/purple and was not breathing. They had to preform CPR on him to get him to breathe. It was very scary for us. Dr. Serr never did explain to us what went wrong. He spent 5 days in the NICU. Tests ran on the placenta concluded that it was mature and apparently had started to deteriorate, causing a lack of nourishment to the baby during the last couple of weeks during my daughter's pregnancy. We found out that his measurements had started to diminish during this time but Dr. Serr never mentioned it to us - and never ran any tests on him - so it was a shock to us when his birth was so traumatic. Needless to say that my daughter switched doctors when she became pregnant with her second child a couple of years later and she was very happy with her new doctor. We would never recommend Dr. Serr to anyone. Dr. Serr's bedside manner was always appropriate and we confused her niceness with competency. Big mistake on our part.

June 11th, 2013

If you're Average/Normal this is the place to go

I've been a patient of Dr. Serr for several years, during which my health has been unremarkable. Now, however, that a problem has arisen, I am seeing her "true colors." She has been abrupt, short on time spent with me, states treatment options, explaining why they will or will not likely work, then changes her mind at future visits and contradicts herself as to what will work and what will not. She only does certain in-office tests on certain days, so if you are there on a different day, you have to come back to have the test done. Her NP handles all the really basic stuff, like in most offices, and I have never had a problem until my health issues changed. I'm not sure why patients are treated differently depending on their health situation, but the hectic-ness when facing a problem does not relieve stress, it just adds to it. It's almost like she speaks before she thinks, then when she sees you again she says what she should have said the first time instead of just making statements that have no basis in fact. I ended up leaving for another physician. He was very helpful, taking plenty of time to explain to me and my husband why things Dr. Serr said wouldn't work actually would, and vice versa. Dr. Serr served her purpose while everything was normal, and I don't regret staying with her for so many years, but once things escalated, I needed to go elsewhere for the level of care necessary.

February 17th, 2011

I will never go back!

I first thought she was a good doctor but the more i got to know her she was very uncaring and not professional. She never told me how my weight gain was going (good or bad)and rushed out before she had to answer questions. Then I had my son who was breech and she had me have a c section which was on a major holiday which she scheduled it on. I was the only patient that day and it was early in the a.m. and she talked the whole time during the surgery about how she had to go to several partys and family functions that day and how she didnt like someone in her family. Then she cut my sons leg with the scalple and tried to say he was just bleeding from me but we later found the cut. Then she left and I didn't see her again. I went to her office to get the staples removed by her staff she was to busy playing with her kids in her office to do it. They told me I hadn't been stapled up all the way and I would most likely get MRSA which I did. They wanted her to look at it and she litterally poked her head through the door not even coming in and said oh you may get an infection then left and shut the door while I was in the middle of asking a question. Didnt perscribe antibiotics to help catch an infect. 2 days later I was back where her nurses who used no gloves scraped my wound with a scalple without numbing it first and said I had MRSA. I spent over 3 months every single week at Mercy wound clinic getting my wound scraped and probed. I would not recommend her to take care of a cat let alone a preg. patient!

November 22nd, 2010

Rebecca

Cheryl Serr is very professional and friendly! She listens to you and really understands what you need.

November 4th, 2010

She was great she joked and laughed with me and my husband and made us feel very comfortable... I couldnt have found a better Dr for this pregnancy she has been great I would send my family and friends to her before any other Dr. in this town.

November 4th, 2009

Forget Professionalism!

High turnover in staff, no wonder! After checking in and filling out paperwork, gal at front desk ANNOUNCES personal health information to entire waiting room (asking me LOUDLY about something in my chart)! My husband was in the BACK of the waiting room and heard loud and clear. VERY unprofessional, not to mention against HIPPA--law requiring health care "professionals" to protect patient confidentiality.Not to mention both Dr. and N.P. are only willing to provide certain services to "special" clients.Where's the compassion and true "caring"?!!!

September 18th, 2009

Will not see overweight patients !!!

BEWARE.... when calling office they state she is accepting new patients, that all u have to do is fill out an application and they will call u back w/ an appt. After filling out the strenuous application, I was contacted 2 days later & have now been informed that she is NOT going to accept me due to my BMI (body mass index = overweight) states that puts me at a high risk pregnancy, which then I was told she doesn't have time for, and really isn't accepting patients at this time anyway. This is my 3rd pregnancy and have NEVER been considered high risk!!! What a complete disappointment!!!

June 17th, 2017