Dr. Cheryl Thomas MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 15th, 2015
Cheryl Thomas, MD
After seeing many doctors and being 'undiagnosed' for many months, Dr. Thomas took the time to study my labs and listen to my symptoms. I am now beginning to recover. This, to me, is priceless.

July 16th, 2015
Caring , takes time
Dr. Thomas is a wonderful doctor. She takes her time to piece together difficult symptoms and can decipher what is really going on...I highly recommend her !!!

March 10th, 2015
Excellent at Diagnosis & Treatment
I've always been very impressed with the way Dr. Thomas is able to accurately diagnosis tricky illnesses very quickly as well as her breadth of knowledge (even about the most obscure medical things) and the fact that she is always up on the latest reaserch. I had been dealing with a disease for over 2 years and saw multiple other doctors who continued to treat symptoms that would reoccur shortly after I got off the medicines they prescribed. When I went in to see Dr. Thomas, she systematically went through a series of tests to rule out different medical conditions, and even though many tests kept coming back normal, she continued to believe me that there was something wrong and instead of treating the symptoms, she found the root cause. I had been suffering with Lyme Disease. I've been being treated by her for about 3 months now and am starting to do a lot better. One of the great things about Dr. Thomas is that she uses both traditional and nature treatments. Given the aggressive antibodic treatment I've been on, the supplements have helped me be able to sustain a fairly normal level of activity during treatment. Some of the supplements sold at the office can be found on Amazon for less money; however, Amazon is a bulk seller and you can't expect a doctor's office to be able to match that price as you are also paying for the convinence of having the supplements stocked on site. I personally purchase most of my supplements their to support the office as it has given me really good care. As to the dog mentioned in some of the comments, I'm an animal person so it doesn't bother me; however, on the few occassions that the dog was in the office, Dr. Thomas has always asked if it was ok if the dog came into the room beforehand. Her dog is a very mellow dog that mainly curls up in a chair and sleeps.

August 28th, 2013
Former patient
I went to Dr. Thomas for years, mainly for annual physicals and also if I was ill at any other time. I finally stopped because while she was very nice & thorough, and her staff was friendly also, I have never been a dog fan. The final straw was when she asked if she could move my clothes off of a chair (I was naked & in a paper drape at this point) so her dog could sit there. This was in a closet-sized room, and again I have never been a dog fan (this has since changed & I have a pup of my own, but I still am a little leary of big dogs & I wouldn't want any dog in the room for my pelvic exam). Also, I *SO* agree with many others who posted here... I was pushed supplements at every visit no matter what I was there for, and I hate the hard sell for anything. And, I also got the gluten spiel a couple of times, and this was way before gluten was a hot topic. So I'm not saying she's wrong, but I wasn't interested in cutting out gluten. Anyway, I think she's a very nice person but I finally had to make the switch.

August 18th, 2011
Dr Thomas is a breath of fresh air in medical treatment - a great blend of western and eastern medicine.

June 21st, 2011
All round medical assistance
I chose Dr. Thomas because of her background with alternative care. She is well versed in the many aspects of alternative care, and integrates these methods into her medical practice.She takes the time to find out your situation and follows up in a timely manner.

January 8th, 2009
Didn't bother figuring out what was wrong with me and just decided to diagnose me. Very unprofessional, had her dog in the office everytime I went in, I felt like I was in a petting zoo rather than a doctor's office.

October 30th, 2014