Dr. Cheryl Tierney Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Cheryl Tierney?

December 25th, 2016

Tested my 18 month child after a full 4hrs of previous testing without a nap or time to eat which in my opinion set him up for failure. Then did not go over the results for 3 months with us. When going over the the results did not answer specific questions like, what exactly did my child do that made you come to this conclusion, not the score but how did he get that score and why is the fact that he is doing, or not doing something, significant. I work in the medical field, but when I asked her to speak in a language that my husband would be able to understand, she did not, despite multiple reminds that he did not have medical training. She told me my Child was incapable of showing me love and affection, which is NOT true. And she never gave any information on how to contact therapists for behaviour therapy. That was done by my early intervention team which she blasted as not being supportive of Autism diagnosis. Many other Hershey Dr saw delays in my child (born 12 months early) but did not see the severity of autism she diagnosed. And despite research showing a baby born so early is NOT caught up by 2yrs old when compared to term born babies, she believes if they are not caught up it means they have autism. Take those that say people that give her bad marks are in denial also with a grain of salt. I never said my son didn't have autism, but I will say she performed the test in a manner that he was guaranteed to fail, no one should wait 3 months for results of testing, every parent should be talked to so each can understand the medical issues of their child, and no doctor should think they know a child they met once better than the parents. And under no circumstances should a doctor tell a parent they are wrong when that parent says they do feel that their child expresses love to them. Terrible doctor. And in the 2 years since the diagnosis she has done nothing for him, behaviour therapy did not pick him up on caseload not seeing whatever she saw, and all therapies he does receive is not based on the autism diagnosis but the low birth weight.

December 25th, 2016

May 9th, 2016

Dr. Tierney does a very thorough job with evaluations. She is caring and very good with follow up. We love her

June 4th, 2014

I wanted to take the time to say how amazing Dr. Tierney and her team is. She saw our son over a year ago and continues to see him. We feel that she is a great assess to Central PA and that anyone who has something negative to say may be in denial about what is going on with their child. We were too at the beginning but now we are beginning to accept what is going on. I really liked that an independent team comes in and does testing for her because then the results aren't biased. She can make the best judgement about what is going on. We highly recommend her to anyone seeking answers for their chld

June 4th, 2014

I think she was kind and caring. Very thorough. Caution when reading previous negative comment- I saw the exact same thing verbatim posted on another doctors profile ; may not be a true review.

March 7th, 2014

This is the worst Dr. I've ever met with in my entire life. She wrongly diagnoses children with autism and has the worst bedside manner I've ever witnessed. Calling children with pragmatic difficulties severely autistic and not even completing the Ados testing herself! she has an outside company do the testing and then delivers the news herself and doesn't even let you have time to process or read the results! She doesn't remember her recommendations and calls children severe and MR when that is certainly not the case. She should have her license revoked. Do not go to this Dr. And if you do get a second opinion! So thankful we did!

April 28th, 2013

Informative, kind

Very nice doctor, very informative. Has been very helpful with our journey with my son's therapy. And unlike a previous person posted, autism is NOT a disease. If someone is calling autism a disease, you might want to take the rest of their negative review with a grain of salt. As with any provider, it all depends on what you feel is a good fit for you and your family.

March 10th, 2012

This so called doctor should have her head examined. She wrongly diagnoses children with Autism on a daily basis, whether they have the disease or not. She is being reviewed for fraud due to her testing abilities and the # of children she gives an Autism diagnoses to every month. Be wary of keeping an appointment with this doctor. And always seek 2nd and third opinions.

November 24th, 2010