Overall Review

May 9th, 2016
Dr. Tierney does a very thorough job with evaluations. She is caring and very good with follow up. We love her

November 13th, 2015
Awful. Waited 3 months for a follow up apt about the results of ADOS testing where she could not directly answer any of my questions (example) 'what specifically did my child do at this part of the test that is concerning or showing autism' was never answered and instead just stated how she believes the ADOS test is a proper test for this age. Told me my child is incapable of showing love (my child gives me hugs many times a day - unprompted). Believes any delays are NOT from being born 3 months early (other studies do not agree with her). Talked over the level of my husband's limited medical knowledge despite being asked to speak at a level he could understand. And my favorite, told us to get ABA therapy, but never gave contact information to attempt to get therapy. (Early intervention - which she does not think highly of was the agency that helped get contact information for us after multiple failed attempts with Tierney) And only 1 of the 4 agencies given to us by her offered the therapy. First Dr I hated in Hershey Medical Center, and I have seen MANY since my son was very premature.

June 4th, 2014
I wanted to take the time to say how amazing Dr. Tierney and her team is. She saw our son over a year ago and continues to see him. We feel that she is a great assess to Central PA and that anyone who has something negative to say may be in denial about what is going on with their child. We were too at the beginning but now we are beginning to accept what is going on. I really liked that an independent team comes in and does testing for her because then the results aren't biased. She can make the best judgement about what is going on. We highly recommend her to anyone seeking answers for their chld

June 3rd, 2014
I think she was kind and caring. Very thorough. Caution when reading previous negative comment- I saw the exact same thing verbatim posted on another doctors profile ; may not be a true review.

March 7th, 2014
This is the worst Dr. I've ever met with in my entire life. She wrongly diagnoses children with autism and has the worst bedside manner I've ever witnessed. Calling children with pragmatic difficulties severely autistic and not even completing the Ados testing herself! she has an outside company do the testing and then delivers the news herself and doesn't even let you have time to process or read the results! She doesn't remember her recommendations and calls children severe and MR when that is certainly not the case. She should have her license revoked. Do not go to this Dr. And if you do get a second opinion! So thankful we did!

April 28th, 2013
Informative, kind
Very nice doctor, very informative. Has been very helpful with our journey with my son's therapy. And unlike a previous person posted, autism is NOT a disease. If someone is calling autism a disease, you might want to take the rest of their negative review with a grain of salt. As with any provider, it all depends on what you feel is a good fit for you and your family.

March 10th, 2012
This so called doctor should have her head examined. She wrongly diagnoses children with Autism on a daily basis, whether they have the disease or not. She is being reviewed for fraud due to her testing abilities and the # of children she gives an Autism diagnoses to every month. Be wary of keeping an appointment with this doctor. And always seek 2nd and third opinions.

November 23rd, 2010