Dr. Cheryle Cutlip MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine West Valley City, UT

2.5

April 27th, 2017
Arrogant Qwack
Misdiagnosed my allergic reaction to high blood pressure medication. Prescribed another medication that almost shut down my kidneys. She diagnosed me as having herpes instead of an allergic reaction. I would not recommend her to treat a family pet. You have been warned!

January 19th, 2017
She was very nice.

November 4th, 2016
Frustrating
Frustrating is not the word you want to sum up an experience with a doctor and an MA. It would be unfair and probably too long to write out my experience. I have never been able to wrap my head around why I was treated the way I was. My experience with the other doctors in this office have been much better, I would start amy where else first.

June 9th, 2016
DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR
I would have like to put zero starts, but that wasn't an option. Dr. Cutlip spent very little time with me, and then left the room and never returned to explain her diagnosis to me. She sent her assistant in with a post it note that had a phone number on it. I had to ask the assistant what the number was for because she didn't even tell me. Also, I had to stop the assitant from leaving the room to find out what my test results were. This was a horrible experience!

August 25th, 2015
Dr. will do the absolute minimum to provide care for patients. Refused to sign a Utah Drivers license medical form stating I don't take my prescriptions and am therefore "NONCOMPLIANT". I have taken EVERY prescription given to me by her. use her at your own risk!

August 11th, 2015
I recently visited your location looking for a new general care family doctor and had a horrible experience. I was seeing Doctor Cutlip for the first time and I felt like I was being walked in and walked out to collect a fee. My wife had called in asking for me to get a general check-up and discuss issues related to skin problem, Gi problems, and my general health. Upon arrival we were asked for a very rudimentary health history and not questioned about anything that was included on it. The nurse or CNA was rude and very curt with us and she informed us that they only put us down for a 15 minute appointment for stomach problems. I told her we had larger concerns and she said we would have to make another appointment. I chalked it up to her bad attitude until I was informed of the same thing by the doctor as well. Dr. Cutlip gave me the most rudimentary / cursory examination I have ever had in the 3-5 minutes she met with us all while carrying her laptop and not giving me, the patient her full attention, she left the room to set up a referral for a GI doctor and a dermatologist according to my statements while she was in there, and never returned. Her nurse / CNA again with a bad attitude brought us a couple of doctors names and numbers written on a pad from a dermatologist there. I informed her that with my information all referrals must be sent through my insurance by my primary care physician and even though she seemed very annoyed she said they would take care of it. I should add that this very information is on the insurance card that they took a copy of to make sure they got paid. I contacted my insurance company today and they have received no referrals. I called her office and noone answered the phone. I am being charged 200 dollars to have my blood pressure taken (which I can do at walmart), for a couple of numbers I good have gotten of your website, and little else that I can see. Im really trying to figure out what I am paying for.

January 14th, 2015
Not a good doctor
I have been to see this doctor 3 times since 2008. Everytime has been a disappointment. Her staff warned that Dr. Cutlip will make you re-schedule if you're late. I scheduled for a annual check-up, pap, and pregnancy test. She told me the insurance wouldn't allow me to be seen for multiple reasons in one visit and I would have to re-schedule the others. After asking her which questions about which service would give me the most results, we decided to do the annual check-up (which included the pap and pregnancy test). She wore a scowl of distaste on her face the entire visit. I returned twice more for other reasons and the same scowl was worn on her face both times. Both times, I didn't feel like she listened to me and I had to follow up on my own for my test results. I haven't been back.

December 13th, 2014
Dr. Cutlip is a very warm person with a manner that puts you at ease. I would recoment her to all of my friends

April 12th, 2013
Made me feel very stupid
I made an appointment for a physical and specifically told the receptionist no pap was needed. I have never had a physical, but I expected to get bloodwork and just have her check me out and maybe talk about things that were going on with me. She came in and wanted to do a pap. When I explained that was not why I was there, she told me I made the wrong type of appointment then and she was very curt with me from there on out. At one point I saw her go into the hall and mouth something to her nurse who then smirked. She barely spent any time with me and kept saying I did not make the right kind of appointment. I will not go back to her...I don't think I have ever been treated like that from anyone else.

October 29th, 2009
If you need a physical do not go to her.
I have had two appointments with her. Both were scheduled physicals. Each time I waited paid my co- pay and upon seeing her she would make up an excuse for a reason she couldn't do the physical. i.e Not enough time was booked for me. Another time was because "Dr. Cutlip doesn't like to do physical to narrow down on ailments". I thought that was what a doctor did. Both times I paid co- pays and was thrown a persciption for something that I didn't end up having. On follow up with other doctors. They discovered underlining ailments that would have been quickly diagnosed if she would have taken the time to be a Doctor. I think her entire staff is also to blame for letting her get away with this. I believe this woman owes me $40 in co-pays and also all the money my insurance paid her to step into the room and make an excuse of why she couldn't do her job. Thank the lord I didn't end up dying from any of these issues I was hoping would be discovered by getting a physcial done. I guess you are suppose to be in perfect health to see a doctor.