A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Chi-Yuan Hsu:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Chi-Yuan Hsu, MD, MS is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
- Kidney Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Hsu graduated from Harvard University , Boston.
Dr. Hsu has 8 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hsu accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 90 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 13 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 1 plan