Dr. Chiaki Gauntt MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

May 21st, 2014
Cataract and lens implant
Since childhood I have essentially been blind in my left eye with the ability to only perceive light and darkness through that eye, and more recently nothing at all. Dr. Gauntt removed a very “solid” cataract from my left eye and implanted a lens, positioning it to focus and take advantage of a small part of my retina that actually functioned. Although severely myopic, for the first time in 60 years I can see images with my left eye. I am still shedding tears of joy and gratitude. Dr. Chiaki Dupre Gauntt skills, I believe, are remarkable. She is a sweetheart, caring and very professional. I felt at ease and in good hands during the procedure and trusted her implicitly. I highly recommend her. I feel blessed that she was my surgeon. Thank you.

May 10th, 2010
she saved my sight
when i lost the vision totally in my right eye unexpectantly and suddenly I was thrown in to a panic of is it temp or perm. i knew that with my history of ms that eye problems were a norm but i never expected this. she was reasuring and very respectful of my fears and took a long time explaining and reasuring me. her diagosis was 100 % correct and i value her as a health care provider.