Dr. Chik Amechi Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Chik Amechi?

June 21st, 2016

The more time passes it seems the less he cares. Think he is getting burned out. Makes poor excuses when he breaks promises

March 18th, 2015

not a good experience

I asked Dr amechi about different tests that could be done such as testing for down syndrome, sex of baby, and other various tests, was told they weren't necessary, but I was trying to seek information about these tests so being told that they weren't necessary and then that being the end of it was rude. I tried to pry a not further so I could know more about the tests but wad basically written off because he deemed them unnecessary. To me if I'm willing to pay out of pocket for blood test to find out sex then I should be given the information about it. He also will not prescribe anything for depression symptoms (I requested the light that you can use like a tanning bed but no uv damage) even though depression is common in pregnancy he made it seem like I was crazy and needed to be evaluated by a psychiatrist. He also did not tell me the side effects of anti nausea medicine or that the one he prescribed me had actually been recalled due to birth defects! (zofran)

September 5th, 2014

very caring doctor

After having read not so good reviews about this dr i was weary about seeibg him. However my husband told me its likely thus dr has had more great patient care then what i was reading because angry people are more motivated to review then those who are happy or satisfied. Recently i found out i was pregnant and two weeks before my initial appt i fell ill. I called hoping i could get in fast and the nurse worked me in for the day. The dr even done my initial appt that day also. He was frie.dly listend very well gave us plenty of time for questions. He gathers enough information to avoid unneeded testing but also to prevent any complications. He has a great professional attitude and seems to genuinely care. He stays up to date on new medicatikns his lab is right below him and he has an ultra sound machine in his office. His staff are very kind patient and respectful. I am very thankful i discovered this dr and listend to my husband about giving him a chance. He was very good in including my husband and conversing with him and welcoming him too. Very wonderful doctor.

January 29th, 2014

I would not recommend Dr. Amechi to anyone due to the fact that the wait time at the office is long and his staff is not very courteous. When I was pregnant I did a birthing and he didn't follow through. He also induced my labor which I did not wanted because I wanted to have a natural birth and I believe that a baby will come down when he/she is ready besides the bay wasn't any danger and I was in labor for 28 hours. Also he doesn't spend time with his patients and I believe he is very unprofessional!

March 21st, 2008

Unclean

I was given a disease from his unclean instruments. He did not shut down his office when his autoclave was broken. He failed to inform me of disease for 4 months. When I discovered disease, his nurse told me, "they meant to tell me." I sued him in civil court and won, but was not reward as jury did not think that I suffered damages.

May 20th, 2017