Dr. Chin Chung MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

October 31st, 2015
He has retired-- good thing for the community!
This doctor presents himself as concerned, educated and experienced but he is only concerned about greed. He treated my father and sent him for unnecessary procedures, biopsies, to pad his own pocket. Just look at the prior review-- getting a biopsy for PSA 3 is NOT standard. I bet he did this out of his own greed and the poor man got treatment for a low risk prostate cancer that likely didn't even need treatment (look up the guidelines). I heard Dr. Chung retired. This is a beautiful thing for the Queens community.

January 12th, 2009
A true professional - good at his trade and compassionate with his patients. He really cares and it shows. I had been seeing him regularly for a couple of years with an enlarged prostate, when I came to him complaining about what I thought might be a minor problem. He sent me for a slew of tests to cover all bases and when the kidneys, bladder, and all the other plumbing showed nothing wrong, he decided to give me a biopsy. My PSA wasn't very high - a low 3 - and most other doctors probably wouldn't have ordered the biopsy. But Dr Chung did and he found that I had cancer. He immediately referred me to Sloan Kettering, where I eventually had successful surgery. A month or two after my surgery, Dr Chung called me at home to see how I was doing, even though I was under the care of the doctor at Sloan.

November 12th, 2014