Dr. Chin Song Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Chin Song?

Posted on September 22nd, 2016

Dr. Song has been my primary care physician for approx. 3 years now. I have health insurance, thankfully, and am in relatively good health. I am required to see Dr. Song once a year so that my migraine prescription can be refilled, even though I don't need to take the meds very often. I have no problem with that, and thanks to ObamaCare, my yearly physical is covered 100% minus my minimal co-pay. This year, when chatting with Dr. Song during my yearly appointment, I mentioned that I felt my memory was not quite what it used to be, and also got her opinion on the tendonitis I had been dealing with in my elbow. Dr. Song's response was "if you'd like me to refer you to someone to have some memory tests taken, call my office", and also referred me to a orthopedic brace place in town to pick up something for my elbow. I was fine with this until I received my bill - an additional $273.00 to answer these questions, which apparently Dr. Song feels are outside of the normal yearly physical she should perform. How is it that my primary physician, seeing me only once a year, can determine that there are certain ailments that fall outside of her "normal" health care obligations to her patients? I don't see Dr. Song for any OB/Gyn appointments, so my yearly physical with her involves her nursing staff going over my complete healthcare history, making any updates, taking my temperature and my blood pressure. Dr. Song comes in and presses on my abdomen, checks the lymph nodes in my neck, and checks in my ears. When she asks how I am handling my menopausal symptoms, and how I'm feeling in general, and I respond, how is this not a part of my total health care package? How is any of this an additional charge because I happen to bring up something new in relation to my health? I can't tell you how shocked I am at the system here. Her office tells me she is within her rights to add this additional charge, but is it really in the best interest of her patients to consider holding back health information because they may not have the additional $273.00 that their insurance company won't cover, and it will eventually come out of their pocket?

Posted on September 29th, 2011

Dr. Song is an outstanding doctor. Her brilliance and compassion are evident from the first time you meet her. Her questions are thorough and insightful. Dr. Song's positive attitude puts patients at ease. It it well worth tolerating the admissions staff to see this wonderful woman.

retired

Posted on September 28th, 2011

She always take time to listen my problems and recommends the solutions. she takes care of me as her own mother. I would recommend dr.song to my friends.

Posted on May 10th, 2011

Excellent doctor. Very professional but at the same time you feel very comfortable talking with her. Understands your problems but not afraid to send you to specialist if appropriate.Overall, a great doctor with a bright future. Highly recommended.

Posted on August 17th, 2017