Great Psychiatrist show details Great Psychiatrist
May 26th, 2016

Dr. Desai has been an excellent psychiatrist for me. He is conservative and safe with medications. He is very intelligent and is not in it for the money. He will actually refer you to other doctors or psychiatrists that specialize in your problem if he needs to. I am generally nervous about meeting new people, especially "white coats", but he makes me feel fairly comfortable. Here's my experience with how he treats depression: He will start off by prescribing you the lowest dose of an SSRI, have you call him for updates, and then slowly increase your dose if all is well. After a month or so if it doesn't work, you can request him to slowly taper you off it as well and you won't have side effects. I have been on several SSRIs from him in the past and never had success like others do, so he's had me try atypical antidepressants and others with success. He's not comfortable prescribing older generation antidepressants, but they have worked well for me. Criticism: There are two problems - 1) It can take at least a month, probably more, to get an appointment with him. This is not his fault, but if you're struggling badly you may want to see another psychiatrist until you get your appointment. 2) I called the office yesterday and today to talk to him (like he told me to do) and he hasn't called back. Hopefully he'll get to me soon. This only proves that he is a good psychiatrist because he has so many patients though. :)

by TaVaris' Mother on Jan 27th, 2015

Dr.Desai is wonderful, very knowledgeable and discreet.