Dr. Chirag Desai MD Patient Reviews

• Bad

Dr. Desai's new office number is 904-379-0802

Dr. Desai's new office number is 904-379-0802

Looking for Dr. Desai
We know Dr. Desai is moving offices but we haven't been able to reach him or get he's new contact information, any help would be greatly appreciated.

January 11th, 2017
Help to find Dr Desai
I understand Dr Desai has left UF so we are trying to find where he is practicing at now, my son has been with him several years & we live him so don't want to change. So if anyone can help!

May 26th, 2016
Great Psychiatrist
Dr. Desai has been an excellent psychiatrist for me. He is conservative and safe with medications. He is very intelligent and is not in it for the money. He will actually refer you to other doctors or psychiatrists that specialize in your problem if he needs to. I am generally nervous about meeting new people, especially "white coats", but he makes me feel fairly comfortable. Here's my experience with how he treats depression: He will start off by prescribing you the lowest dose of an SSRI, have you call him for updates, and then slowly increase your dose if all is well. After a month or so if it doesn't work, you can request him to slowly taper you off it as well and you won't have side effects. I have been on several SSRIs from him in the past and never had success like others do, so he's had me try atypical antidepressants and others with success. He's not comfortable prescribing older generation antidepressants, but they have worked well for me. Criticism: There are two problems - 1) It can take at least a month, probably more, to get an appointment with him. This is not his fault, but if you're struggling badly you may want to see another psychiatrist until you get your appointment. 2) I called the office yesterday and today to talk to him (like he told me to do) and he hasn't called back. Hopefully he'll get to me soon. This only proves that he is a good psychiatrist because he has so many patients though. :)

January 27th, 2015
Dr.Desai is wonderful, very knowledgeable and discreet.

July 25th, 2017