Dr. Chirag Jani MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

no change

November 10th, 2016
Best Doctor a Cancer Patient Could Have
Dr. Jani is the best. He always has taken the time to explain every procedure to me. He is a very caring doctor. We need more doctors like him.

November 9th, 2016
My Journey with Cancer (Short Version)
I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2009. To me it was as if someone had given me a death sentence. I would like to take you on a short journey of my state of mind. See I had just lost a friend to this disease three years before; All I could think of is what it did to her. I was very much afraid, scared, and different thoughts ran through my mind like; how was I going to tell my children, how was this going to affect my children and my grandchildren, my mother, sisters. I did a lot of crying and worrying, but what I forgot at the time was that there was someone bigger than all of us. It was approximately two to three weeks after I was told it was confirmed that it was cancer my mother came down to be with me. We were sitting in my den and I kept feeling her looking at me to see if I was okay and if I was crying or not. Well, I was trying to be strong and trying not to cry I got up and found me a room (which was my bathroom). I just started praying and crying and when I came back out I had a smile on my face and told my mother to let’s get out of the house. From that day forward I was called Sunshine. My fate was already strong and I knew this, so I had to reach back to that and rely on “My Father” that he will pull me through and that I was going to be victorious. At my first visit with Dr. Jani, which I must say was and still is a wonderful addition to my life; he came to me with pencil and paper and broke everything down to me where I could understand what was going on and what my percentage was to survive this disease. If I didn’t understand something or had questions Dr. Jani was always there to make sure that I was clear on everything that was going on with me and my cancer issue. I can go on and on with my story, but like I said at the beginning I was going to take you on a short journey. What I will say and what I tell everyone I talk to or that I try to be an inspiration to is that Cancer is just like going through a pregnancy everyone’s journey is different; what makes everyone’s journey different it their faith and attitude. I learned that Cancer doesn’t only affect the person that has Cancer, but it affects the entire family. Technology today gives us a lot of hope, faith and prayers give us strength, and believing gives us assurance that through GOD all things are possible. My motto started being “I have Cancer, Cancer doesn’t have me.” To all who are battling the Breast Cancer disease or any Cancer disease: Keep your head up, be strong, keep the faith and you will be victorious. Thanks to my whole team of doctors starting with Dr. Jani I wouldn’t trade them for nothing.

November 9th, 2016
My Journey with Cancer (Short Version)

August 26th, 2016
Not just an oncologist but a friend
In 2009, I worked for the Cancer Coalition and when I was diagnosed with breast cancer, Dr. Jani was the first to come to mind. He explained the treatment protocol and since I had lost an aunt and a sister to cancer, I was placed in a study. I went through chemotherapy, radiation, and 5 years of a oral chemotherapy. I am now cancer free but Dr Jani finds time to continue to monitor my health. Recently, my blood work showed a problem with my kidney function. Dr Jani immediately scheduled tests and put me on the road to recovery. My kidneys are now functioning normally. Dr Jani saved my life that day.

June 28th, 2016
Dr Jani is very good, kind and caring.... Terrific bed side manner.. Always listens and eager to help..

May 21st, 2016
Thank you so much for everything you do. You are so special to our community! We are so blessed!

April 30th, 2016
I have been a longtime patient with Dr. Jhani and I am blessed to have been placed with him for medical care. I love Alberta and all the other staff. They have become my family and I would recommend him to all others. He is highly qualified and he truly cares about his patients.

April 22nd, 2016
Dr Jani is very personable and cares about his patients. He always has a smile and is so encouraging.

April 11th, 2016
Patient
Dr. Jani and his staff are outstanding healthcare professionals! As a patient I have been a part of this healing team for over 5 years! They always help me and make sure I have the very best of care! Alberta is his nurse and she helps me every time and is so kind to our family. We are so thankful for Dr. Jani, Alberta and Dale and all of the team members in our Phoebe Cancer Center in Albany, Ga!! They are the best team! Thank you to All!

March 29th, 2016
Best Dr. in Alaby
Dr. Jani came highly recommended to me by several people her in Albany. I called and got an appointment the next day. He went thru the whole process of what was going to happen and had appointments made for me with the radiation oncologist and a surgeon for the next day. He ran every genetic test there was to make sure that the course of treatment was right for me. I was lucky that all my test came back at very low risk for the cancer returning and I do not have to have CHEMO, but I do have to have radiation. Dr. Jani and his staff made a very scary process bearable. Dr. Jani is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 23rd, 2016
Best Oncologist in South Georgia
I have been a patient of Dr.Jani's since I was diagnosed with carcinoid almost 10 years ago. He knew immediately how to treat my condition. After my surgery, he has been treating me to keep my symptoms under control. He sees me regularly and performs any tests he feels as necessary. Besides being one of the best doctors in his field, he is very caring and compassionate. I feel like I can call him anytime and he would help in any way. We are very fortunate to have a doctor like him in our area. I would certainly recommend him to anyone who is facing my situation or any other situation requiring an oncologist.

March 16th, 2016
10 year breast cancer survior
My journey with breast cancer has been a challenging experience. Through it all I have survived with the support of family, friends and doctors. I have also relied on my faith which gave me inspiration, resilience, patience and courage to continue my treatments. I would encourage other cancer patients to do the same as I have done and work closely with their doctors , I would also say to them to never give up and keep the faith.