Dr. Chitra Chinnaswamy Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Chitra Chinnaswamy?

Not Recommended.

Posted on May 27th, 2015

I had a very poor experience with Dr. Chinnaswamy. I realized her listening skills are selectively poor (i.e. she chooses to not care what you're saying), even regarding your documented medical history. Instead, she looks at you and makes a ten-second judgment. That's not a good way to build a strong therapeutic alliance, in my opinion. For example, I'd slept poorly the night before my appointment. I've previously been diagnosed with a sleeping disorder and depression, and these diagnoses have been confirmed over time. Honestly, I was pretty tired by the time of the appointment (and probably looked the part), but I decided to keep the commitment regardless. Ironically, when I entered Dr. Chinnaswamy's office, I noticed her eyes were bloodshot. I figured she may have had a long day and may be tired, but I did not judge her character or professional ability by it. Unfortunately, this sensitivity/compassion was not reciprocal. I've seen a lot and developed pretty thick skin over time, but my appointment with Dr. Chinnaswamy was scarring. I'll probably never walk into another doctor's office with the same trust or vulnerability I did with Dr. Chinnaswamy. (I'll cancel the appointment if I'm tired, too.)

Just Another Pill Pusher

Posted on February 11th, 2015

After making multiple visits, I feel like she never took the time to listen to me or figure out what was actually wrong. All she wanted to do was give me random antidepressants, and as soon as I disagreed with her diagnosis and suggested something else, she started questioning me in such a way as to imply she thought I was only seeing her to get prescription medication. Which I was not, I actually wanted FEWER medications, not more. All she wanted to do was give me antidepressants, and after talking to other doctors, I likely don't even have depression.

Posted on December 22nd, 2014

Very poor doctor. Long waits, very unfriendly office worker. Hard to understand with very broken English.

EagleScout

Posted on March 31st, 2014

Dr. Chinnaswamy has over loaded herself with patients and books 3 every 15 minutes. She is now dropping patients that she created a working relationship and that relied on her service. She will tell her front desk (whom just answers the phones) I'm not seeing him any longer. I got no letter nothing. Not even referrals for another doctor. I think that this is called price gouging. It sure is not therapy.

Posted on March 4th, 2013

She is one of the few psychiatrists who will actually listen to you. She is very competent.

Great doctor, bad system

Posted on October 27th, 2009

I find Dr. Chinnaswamy to be very good at what she does. She has been able to straighten out my medicine and is quick to react if my meds are no longer working or not working well enough for me. She doesn't spend too much time in the room with you. Most doctors don't. My biggest complaint is that she tripple books her patients so you are always waiting to be seen. Most doctors double book. That makes your wait significantly longer than most offices. Overall, I find the wait well worth it.

Posted on April 22nd, 2009

i LIKE GOING HERER BECAUSE i AM IN AND OUT QUICKLY. tHAT IS THE SAME REASON WHY i HATE IT.

Posted on March 24th, 2009

staff sucks thats why i stopped going

Posted on May 31st, 2017