Dr. Chiwai Chan DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 9th, 2017
Worst Doctor ever
My first time at pain management I didn't know what to expect the girls in the office are uncaring and rude and Dr Chan was horrible he seemed very arrogant and didn't know enough about my condition RA made me feel terrible I cried for 1 hour after I left!

April 27th, 2017
Extremely Rude staff
Everytime I go to my appts at this office staff is always rude. I had my appt at 3 pm got there at 2:30 and wasn't seen until 4. I'm currently trying to change doctor, but I still have to attend these appts. Also when you call the office no one seems to pick. No one answers the phone and its always a hassle trying to speak to someone over the phone. If I could give it 0 starts I would.

February 15th, 2016
never spends time, rude, and no bedside manor

March 10th, 2015
I am hopeful
Let me confess. I checked out this doctor's review before going which may have been a bad thing because I expected the worst. So the 1st half of my review while true is also a little biased. 1. Half of the patients who walked in "appeared " to be addicts which made me question were they addicts b4 coming here or did they become addictive after starting their treatment here. Scary! It also makes me question who is protecting us from such doctors. State? Feds? We are in extreme pain to the point that some of us will do ANYTHING to stop it but we don't want to trade one problem for an even more life altering one. I think these doctors truly violate our trust in them and our vulnerability. Something has to change. 2. Another issue that one front desk staff yelled out a medical procedure I had done in front of other patients. 3. There was a serious delay in seeing the doctor because of a glitch in their system regarding my insurance authorization which was addressed 1 month ago to avoid this very problem today. Now my review of Dr. Alan H. is was AWESOME! He came in apologizing for the delay which was very classy. He took time to illustrate on his skeletal model based on my description of the pain what the possible issues are and then we reviewed m6 MRI together something none of the previous doctors did. I really appreciate his time, thorough review and humor. I am hopeful that he is the one and through proper treatment (sins the drugs!) I can have my active lifestyle back.

November 2nd, 2013
Excellent
Dr. Chan has been my Pain Management Doctor for several years, he is the very best doctor in this field, and I have been to many pain specialists. His epidurals are always spot on and the relief is instant. Working with Dr. Chan to find the right protocol for treatment rates very high as he is very well educated in the field of Pain Management. If you have the opportunity to work with Dr. Chan, listen very carefully to instructions as this is pain management, learning to live with pain and have it treated accordingly, has been a positive experience, the staff is excellent, the office emaculate and all my appointments have been handled in a timely fashion. If you have severe pain issues as I have and are willing to work on those issues, Dr. Chan is highly recommended. Prior to Dr. Chan's treatment, I was referred to canes, walkers and wheelchairs. Today, I am still walking as a result of his fine care, EXCELLENT.

March 10th, 2013
Legalized Drug Pushing
Without our knowledge our 19 year old son went to Dr. Chan for a back ache. Shortly after his visit my son was put on Vicodin. After weeks of using pain meds he became hopelessly addicted. He was eventually rushed unconscious to the hospital and almost died. He went thru detox but the launching of this addiction has plagued him now for years, he continues to relapse, has lost his job and is in legal trouble. Prior to this my son had no problems, was a college student and had held a part time job at a large retailer, and was never in more trouble than a traffic ticket. Now he is a drug addict with a criminal record. Any doctor that would give Vicodin to a teenager as a remedy for pain, when they are healthy and strong as my son was, is playing Russian Roulette. My son s life is ruined forever now, he is still sick. Thank you Dr. Chen, one day you will have to answer for this tragedy.

May 2nd, 2012
Worst Doctor uncaring , Un professional , Is very unkind .
I cant believe this man is called a Doctor . He is not patient not kind does not get to the root of the problem but instead trys to give meds to get you out of the office and be done with you . He belittles his staff and should work toward social skills and professionalism . He is not ever about solution but ratther about the money . He even charges for a short recommendation letter . Please change your ways

February 18th, 2011
Poor Bedside Manner!
Dr. Chan is lacking in his bedside manner. He does not spend much time with a patient. He's in and out of the exam room in about three minutes, and he rarely even looks you in the eye. He does accept MSI, which is what brought me to his office. He's okay, but he's very apathetic and appears uninterested in me and my physical problems. The office only accepts cash - no checks or credit cards. I think Dr. Chan would do better if he'd smile once in a while and act as if he cared about the well-being of his patients!

April 27th, 2017