Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Best ob/gyn ever show details Best ob/gyn ever
by Iuliana Popa Ion on Feb 18th, 2015

the best ob/gyn that I could meet till now. He helped me to give birth to my first child, he told me the day that I will be in labor and how many hours I have to stay in there. he was with me from the beginning to the end even after. he came to visit me on Labor Day from home the day after the delivery, he was so caring with me. he explained everything that I've asked, he made jokes, he made me laugh even when I was in pain. me and my husband love him

Best C-section ever! show details Best C-section ever!
by Jackie Salgado on Nov 19th, 2014

I was on my 4th child when my Ob-gyn retired as I reached my 5th month of pregnancy. My twin cousins recommended Dr. Rim as they both had great experiences with him. Being scared and far along I gave him a try. I was on my 31st week when my water ruptured and due to my baby’s stage in life was transferred to Lutheran general, (where Dr.Rim also practices). The idea was to try and keep the baby inside as long as possible so he can develop better, but he was in a rush to get out and I gave birth by C-section 5 days after being admitted. Everyday Dr.Rim came to check on me and the day of the surgery he was called around 4 am and arrived immediately. This was my third C-section and it was amazing, for all the mothers who have experienced this they know it’s painful and scary. Dr. Rim has a magical touch. It was a very quick and easy surgery. I heard my 3lb baby cry and off to the NICU he went. Jacob was born at 4:30 in the morning and by 10am I was able to get up from the bed to go visit him. In my past 2 C-sections getting up from bed was an absolute nightmare. Dr. Rim continued to check on me until the day I left and he even wheeled me to the NICU once. The healing process from this C-section was the best I have ever experienced. The pain was minimal, I could tolerate it enough not to have to take medication, I was able to walk and bathe myself within days and I was driving to the hospital every day after 2 weeks, that’s how great I felt. Did I mention that since I’ve been with this doctor I am cancer free. I am not Korean and neither are my cousins, sorry that the last person had a bad experience but as for me, I am a patient for as long as Dr. Rim is in practice. Jacob by the way is now 4 years old and a strong boy, who would have thought he was born at 3lbs.

Horrible ObGyn show details Horrible ObGyn
by Neglected and Abused by Dr. Rim on Sep 23rd, 2010

I'm at the end of my first pregnancy and after neglectful care from the first practice I attended, I was referred to Dr. Chong Soo Rim. I went to him for a fresh start and proper knowledge and care. However, he doesn't know how to work the ultra sound machine and won't learn how or get someone who will. His excuse for three months was that it's a new machine. Therefore, even though the machine can record or print pictures of your baby's ultra sounds, you won't get to. Additionally, you baby's health will not be measured using the machine. For example, measuring arm and leg bones, weight and the like. He doesn't measure your belly to record proper growth. He doesn't know what carpel tunnel is, why your arms hurt, what causes the swelling, pain and numbness, and won't have any referrals to help you. All he will tell you is that if you rest for 48 hours, it will go away, even after you tell him that's not working. If you have herpes, he will not treat you with antivirals or antibiotics; thereby, putting you and your baby's health at risk. It took him three months to diagnose and treat my yeast infection after he refused to test for it. He just rammed his two fingers in me, which left me sore, and looked at me like I was crazy because I asked him to inform me that he was going to touch me before he did such things. He was unresponsive and ignored my request. He will not give you a naturally safe solution like Candisil to the yeast infection or inform you of how it happens and how to prevent it. He would not discuss a birthing plan with me, even though I was a couple weeks away from Baby's due date. He just said he would decide everything when I went into labor. He would not request records from other hospitals and facilities to ensure an optimally safe labor and delivery for me and my baby. He would not forward my records to NorthWestern Prentice hospital so I could not switch care even though it was weeks before the 35th week of pregnancy. He believes that polyeurothaine, wood floor varnish, is a safe environment for you and your baby. He patronized me and reported I had mental problems because I asked questions and sought help from other professionals after getting severely sick. He never discussed nutrition, prenatal vitamins, fish oil supplements or anything else regarding having a baby, even though this is my first pregnancy and I told him I don't know anything and needed guidance. All he has is the support of the Korean community and the hospital staff to cover up for him as well as harm you and your baby. He is a wretched doctor and should have his practice abilities stripped. He doesn't know anything or explain anything.