Dr. Chong-Hau Zhao MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

April 30th, 2016
I have been a patient of this clinic for over 1 year, my low back pain is a lot better. I thank Dr. Zhao and his staff for helping me thru my recovery. There are some days that you have to wait to see the doctor and your appointment time may be delay, but that is because Dr. Zhao takes his time with each patient and often performs urgent procedures, like he did on me on several occasions. He is a great doctor who cares and listen to all your complains. I am so glad I found him and his team. His office is very clean, and peaceful. The front desk very polite and professional. They do charge a fee for the use of credit card, but I did my research and it is legal, according to the California department of justice. This doctor is definitely worth the drive and wait!

September 7th, 2015
AMAZING!
I have been suffering horribly for years. I have a four level fusion in my neck, and have limited range of motion. What was left of me was doing very poorly, and I suffered from severe arthritis, and could not stand living any longer. I also developed a strange condition in my head which Dr. Zhao diagnosed immediately: Occipital Neuralgia. He detoxed me off Norco (it was hard) and explained that it changes your brain and how it perceives pain. He changed my medications, and started epidurals. He hoped to make me 50 to 70% better. In six weeks, I think I am even better than that. I drive one hour to see him; I'd drive two. He is well worth my time and effort and I am beyond grateful to him for saving me in every way.

June 7th, 2015
CHPC CHANGED MY LIFE
I suffered from debilitating headaches for almost 10 years until I met Dr. Zhao. I am now headache free thanks to the care I received from Dr. Zhao and his staff. Anyone struggling with pain relief should visit California Headache and Pain Center.

April 20th, 2015
Amazing Doctor
I'm pain free with no drugs!! Amazing doctor and staff.

February 2nd, 2015
This Doctor Changed my life.
This Doctor changed my life. I almost gave up on my treatment thinking I had already exhausted all the treatment sources, but I am glad I came across Dr. Zhao.

January 19th, 2015
The best
Read my yelp review. It's under Tom. He is incredible!

January 19th, 2015
Broad treatment for pain management
Wonderful approach to treating pain that was not just with heavy drugs like many doctors.

November 1st, 2013
Thank you Dr. Zhao for making me smile again!
Dr. Chonghao Zhao is an excellent clinician and a nice human being. His office is like a small hospital where he can perform all kind of treatment for a very difficult patients like myself. He does not care about money. He is all about science of pain and makes sure that his patient is getting better. His good results after treating thousands of patients speak by them self. He is teaching residents at UCLA and always has a doctor/student in his office following his experience and expertise. I definitely want to be treated by a teacher not by a student. If you have chronic pain you are not alone. You find the right doctor. Do not wait and suffer anymore pick up the phone and make an appointment today. His staff is very friendly and you feel there like at home. I had pain in mine spine, my legs and terrible headaches for 12 years and went to at least 25 specialists with no avail. Dr. Zhao used East-West medicine and I gained my life back in 4 short weeks. It’s been 3 years since my treatment and I feel like a million dollars. I can play with my kids and my wife is not miserable anymore. Thank you Dr. Zhao for making me smile again.

July 11th, 2013
GOOD DOCTOR
Dr. Zhao is an excellent physician along with his helpful staff. He did help me with my chronic cervical spinal stenosis pain. There are risks involved with the corticosteroid spinal injections but the benefits outweigh the risks. The internal inflammation and numbness did subside to some degree and with physical therapy to aid in preventing muscular rigidity with massaging and stretching the damaged areas of the cervical spine helps relieve some of the chronic pain associated with spinal injuries caused by motor vehicle accidents. Again Dr. Zhao is an excellent intervention pain specialist and I would recommend him to people whom suffer with chronic headaches and chronic spinal pain.

April 22nd, 2012
I would not recommend this doctor. He was rude, uncaring and insensitive. He may be an expert in his field but with us he lacked the basic bedside manner I would expect of anyone working in the health field. It has been the most disappointing experience I have ever had with a medical professional(sic).

September 7th, 2011
HE IS A CROOK!!!
My insurance company was billed hundreds of dollars for a "test" that involved me filling out a piece of paper. He is only interested in make money - did not listen to my health concerns properly and was going to give me the exact type of treatment I came in to avoid. Do NOT use this Dr. (The word "Dr" is a stretch!)

April 25th, 2011
Dr. Zhao changed my life. I lived with headaches for over 12 yrs, I thank God every day that I found him. I would recommend him to anyone that is suffering from headaches.