A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Choon-Weng Chan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Choon-Weng Chan, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Chan graduated from Dalhousie University Faculty Of Medicine, Halifax. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Chan has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Lowell General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Chan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 5 plans
- United Healthcare - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Humana - 6 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 1 plan
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Choon-Weng W. Chan practice?
Dr. Choon-Weng Chan practices Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, and General Practice near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Quincy, MA.
See Boston Internists, Boston Infectious Disease Doctors, and Boston General Practitioners.