Dr. Choon Yeon MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.3

June 1st, 2016
Just terrible.
Terrible. Thats it.

July 16th, 2015
dont waste your time
There are no employees....you can sit waiting for your appointment for 60+ minutes. There is no other staff to answer phones. She rushes you and out just to get her payment without any real therapy. She should be on 60 minutes for being a shell of a doctor's office who is there to bill the government and hand out scripts

April 23rd, 2015
Best shrink around if you are not in a hurry for your appointments
Although the wait times are unpredictable and long, this doctor is the best i have found for treating my illness. She listens, is knowledgable about medications, perceptive, responsive, and is better than most counselors I've been to at seeing through my issues and guiding me on the right path. If you have the time to wait, she is absolutely the one to go to in Batavia and surrounding areas. She takes medicaid, too. I have a serious mental illness that was completely disabling before I met her, even though I had been to dozens of psychiatrists in Rochester, Syracuse, and Batavia, but none got me functioning until her.

March 11th, 2014
Worst phyciatrist
I have been to many phyciatrist but this one by far is the worst. Your scheduled an time but also has other patients come in the same time. The wait time is well over an hour. Other peoples infoformation is unsecured out in the open in waiting room.There is no receptionist. Durring your appointment you never talk about why your their. She talks about retirement. Then if your on medication she gives only a week supply so your insurence would have to pay for another appointments. STheirs no heat it smells of sewage. I have no idea how this doctor has not even been investgated.

December 19th, 2013
Stay Away. Total Disservice
I would not recommend Dr Yeon to anybody. At first service and treatment was pretty good but quickly tailed off. Many patients scheduled at the same time. So long waits are expected. After seeing Dr Yeon for about a yr. she totally turned on me. I would make payments to her and get receipts. She would hand me a bill sometime later, which I would dispute and bring my receipts to prove and she would not even look at them and because I was chemically dependent with medications she provided me, she would threaten to terminate me, knowing that I needed the meds and would just agree to pay extra, in order to get my medication. My visits consisted of talking about money she said I owed, and her talking about Korea. Very minimal psychiatric treatment. Then often after the horrible treatment that she provided, often I would leave the office and my scripts weren't signed or she forgot to write her DEA number. Which often cost me an extra hr and a half of my time on top of the two hrs spent at the office. In my opinion, she could careless about the well being of her patients. Just an all around horrible experience while being treated by Dr Yeon.

September 6th, 2013
She's better than others on here are making her out to be..
Dr. Yeon is a sweet lady and I say this from personal experience. I have read the reviews on here before I started seeing her. To be honest from what I have read here I didnt know what I was walking into. So heres MY review, getting an appointment is very easy they can get you right in, problem being is they do tend to schedule several poeple for the same appt time. Also they have no front desk person (receptionist). I have waited anywhere from 45 mins to 2 1/2 hrs. When I would finally get into her office it was a very comfortable atmosphere. She was very inviting.. I will sum it up and leave it at this she is a very nice lady who is apparantly 78yrs old (she doesnt look it)...I have never had her act condescending or inappropriatly towards me, nor have I seen her be that way to anybody else ( I have been there for 3 months now)...You have to remember she is dealing with ALOT of people daily and they are people dumping all their problems on her so who wouldnt get alittle aggatated sometimes (even if she did, according to these other people) ? We are all human... I would recommend her as long as you have time to spare in the waiting room...

June 12th, 2013
AMA
With all these nasty reviews, has anyone thought of reporting her to the AMA??? If I was treated this way, I definitely would have taken this route! Seems she needed her own psychiatrist! I would have recommended the one I used is Fairport!!

September 21st, 2012
This doctor should have her practice shut down. I have currently terminated my sessions with her due to her constant verbal abuse (to myself and in front of my 2 year old daughter) and mistreatment as far as my medications and appointments have gone. I had an issue with my insurance,but had promptly taken care of it and she then refused to write me any of the prescriptions i was on or see me until she recieved the check in the mail my insurance carrier was sending her. (keep in mind these are some pretty serious medications, and cannot just go off them for whatever reason just like that) she said that it basically was not her problem until she got her money. this doctor is not caring what so ever. she will overbook appointments (wait time is at least an hour) have u in and out of her office with in ten minutes after shes prescribed you a list of medications just to shut you up. she talks more about things going on in her life and her responsibilities than taking care of the problems you are there for! please beware before you see this awful woman!!

June 30th, 2012
Please do NOT go to this "doctor"
This psychiatrist will take your money and spend her 35 minutes talking. She asks you no questions. She puts you on tons of medications. If you voice serious side effects that you have experienced with your medicine she says to take it anyway. Does not listen to you at all!! Tried to get an appointment for over one month with repeated calls and she would not call me back. I have been her for many years, never missed one appointment and have always paid her. She was insultive to me and noncaring. All she cares about is getting her money. Please who ever you are looking for a caring doctor that will help you...She is not it!

June 11th, 2012
Never Recommend
I thought this psychiatrist was great when I first met her. Then my sessions began to focus on her life. She had me on so many medications I couldn't eat, and I was like a zombie. She would double book my appointment time which left me in the waiting room for 1 to 2 hours. I would get tired of waiting and leave she would accuse me of not showing up. She was verbally abusive, uncaring, and unkind. I was having financial trouble, and she told me she would work on payments with me, but come my next visit she would refuse to see me until I paid. She had taken me out of work and refused to release me. She refuses to submit forms/ records to attorneys and social security without payment. I needed her to fill out a form when she put me in leave from my job, and she wanted over $300.00 to write my diagnosis, and sign her name. One of my last visits to her I had filed bankruptcy and was going through a divorce. The overdue medical bills from her had been discharge, and yet she wanted $800.00 cash before she would consider seeing me. My last visit to her I had my son with me, upon entering her office and shutting the door, she began screaming at me, and calling me names. I walked out and never returned. I would NOT recommend anyone let alone a grain of sand to this woman.

June 3rd, 2010
Most upsetting doctor visit I've ever had
This is quite possibly the worst doctor I've ever met. I was ridiculed and verbally abused by her, and told that she would not treat me based on the fact that she did not like my personal history. When going to a psychiatrist I expect to be at least treated with courtesy, and not the outright disrespect she gave me. Patients beware.

December 21st, 2009
do not recommend
dr was always in a state of confusion with records spread all over desk. waited too long to send in insurance form, at least 6 months. she then expected me to pay out of pocket because of the time lapse. sent bill over $1000. was friendly, but seemed to not be sincere. expected me to go weekly when i just needed med control visits. rates were outrageosly high. would not take my dog to this dr.