Dr. Chris Garcia MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 16th, 2016
Sad to leave
I was with Dr. Garcia for almost twenty years. He knew me well. He took the time to talk to me and listen to me and my body. We worked as a team to solve my medical issues. I was sad when at 65 my insurance changed and I was forced to find another doctor. I hope that his office will be accepting my new insurance soon, so that I can return to his trusted care.

April 20th, 2016
I was going to Dr Garcia or several years. I have hypertension and diabetes. I went to see him with extremely high blood pressure (consistently over 200 for several weeks). I had shortness of breath and was retaining fluid badly. I had no strength and was falling a lot. He changed my blood pressure medication, and when it didn't help I called him on a Friday and told him my BP was still over 200 and had been a couple of weeks. I had seen him twice in that time and had another appointment for that Monday. He told me to lie down on my left side for an hour and call back if it wasn't better. I called him back and he just said take another pill! My boss at work insisted I go to the ER, where I was told I was in conjestive heart failure. I was in the hospital 5 days before they finally got my blood pressure under control. I now take 5 different me medications for my blood pressure/heart and am finally under control. Do not go to this doctor if you have chronic health problems.

August 13th, 2015
Top notch
Best around. Always treats me as though I'm the only client. Very kind and compassionate

December 17th, 2014
Dr. Garcia takes the time with his patients he doesn't treat up like a number. I have been with him since I moved to Tx, 10 yrs ago.

July 18th, 2014
Dr. prescribed wrong med. When I returned, he said go to hospital for tests. That turned into 2 day ordeal with hospital doctor prescribing correct med. Total cost $14,000...Should have gotten second opinion. Horrible experience. Refusing to pay non insurance covered expenses.

September 29th, 2012
Don't Waste Your Time
Prescribed wrong medication - After lenghthy conversation and would not own up to his error.

July 10th, 2012
I went athis office to ask about a medecine for constirpacion and he ask me a few questions and he told me that I have depresion and give me a medecine for 9 months and he dont know about the diferents between depresion and stresss.

July 7th, 2017