inactive

Chris S Mochizuki MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

March 6th, 2009
Run Forest Run
This doctor literally added insult to injury. He was the Worker's Comp doc closest to where I lived. I had sprained my wrist at work. Although my xrays did not give reason for it, he put it in a long arm cast. (It's not what you can see, it's what you can't" he said.) The next morning my elbow was in extreme pain. I went right back to him in the morning and again in the afternoon, complaining of severe pain and asking to be seen, to no avail. I ended up in the ER at Kaiser 2 days later with a severely swollen arm. Even morphine did not stop all the pain after they cut off the cast. When I went back to the doc, he insisted that the arm go back into a long arm cast for 4 more weeks. Needless to say, I asked to have my care transferred to another doctor, who could not understand why he would put this sprained wrist in a long arm cast at all. It has been 6 months now, and I have a diagnosis of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in the entire right quadrant of my body. Prognosis for recovery is poor, and no treatment has been effective yet. I am unable to work, and may not be able to for some time, if ever. I wish I had wrapped my sprained wrist in an ace bandage. Incredible nightmare!