Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

3.0

Run Forest Run show details Run Forest Run
Mar 6th, 2009

This doctor literally added insult to injury. He was the Worker's Comp doc closest to where I lived. I had sprained my wrist at work. Although my xrays did not give reason for it, he put it in a long arm cast. (It's not what you can see, it's what you can't" he said.) The next morning my elbow was in extreme pain. I went right back to him in the morning and again in the afternoon, complaining of severe pain and asking to be seen, to no avail. I ended up in the ER at Kaiser 2 days later with a severely swollen arm. Even morphine did not stop all the pain after they cut off the cast. When I went back to the doc, he insisted that the arm go back into a long arm cast for 4 more weeks. Needless to say, I asked to have my care transferred to another doctor, who could not understand why he would put this sprained wrist in a long arm cast at all. It has been 6 months now, and I have a diagnosis of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in the entire right quadrant of my body. Prognosis for recovery is poor, and no treatment has been effective yet. I am unable to work, and may not be able to for some time, if ever. I wish I had wrapped my sprained wrist in an ace bandage. Incredible nightmare!