A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Christian Christensen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Christian Christensen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Christian Christensen, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- COMPLEX HIP AND KNEE REPLACEMENT
- Hip Fractures
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Surgery (Joint Prosthesis Implantation Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- LESS INVASIVE SURGERY
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- PAINFUL JOINT REPLACEMENT
- PARTIAL KNEE REPLACEMENT
Education & Awards
Dr. Christensen graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Christensen has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Samaritan Hospital - Lexington
- Jewish Hospital - Shelbyville
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Christensen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 10 plans
- Unicare - 4 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Christian P. Christensen practice?
Dr. Christian Christensen practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Lexington, KY.
See Lexington Orthopedic Surgeons.