inactive

Christian Herter MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 31st, 2012
Old Fashion MD
Dr Herter reminds me of the doctors that took the time to listen, no he is not always on time but well worth the wait, his focus is on the patient at the time, not on how many he has to see in a day. Extremely well in type 1 and 2 diabetes. I was boarder line 2 and with his guidance I am no longer. He cares and listens to you. Best MD I could find in 2012!

July 2nd, 2012
The best diabetic Dr. I have visited
I came to Dr. Herter after hearing from other diabetic patients what a wonderful Dr. he was. I was not disappointed. Dr. Herter is an excellent listener and seemed to treat me as an individual, instead of clumping me in with the "average type 1 diabetic."Dr. Herter devised a treatment program for me that reflected his genuine concern and excellent diagnostic skills. He helped me overcome a medical condition that had been plaguing me for several years. I would highly recommend Dr. Herter to any patient wanting "Patient Centered Care."when I first came to Virginia Mason, Lynnwood I thought their motto of Patient Centered Care was simply a promotional tool with no substance. I was wrong. From the moment I called to schedule my appointment to when I saw Dr. Herter I was proved wrong-all the way Dow the line

September 30th, 2009
Disrespectful
Dr. Herter was 30 minutes late to my appointment (and I could hear him just chatting in the room next door). When I described my problem, he didn't want to prescribe anything for me without consulting another physician in the practice and my OB (I'm pregnant). So, I left without a prescription and he never followed up with me or called my OB. My OB ended up prescribing me something to help. I left with the impression that he didn't care about the discomforts that go along with pregnancy and that he just thought I should live with my problem. I would have been fine if his recommendation was still not to do anything, if he had actually followed up as he said he would. I'm glad my regular GP and my OB are women!