3.0

Please read this before you go to Dr. Vissers show details Please read this before you go to Dr. Vissers
May 23rd, 2015

I have never suffered like this in my life!!! my story is too long, so I will try to sum it up without going off the deep end. I'm sitting here with a leg that weighs about 100 pounds because of the swelling from a TKR about 6 wks. ago. I have called his office 11 times in two weeks without but 1 returned where she said she would call back, but never did, I have been to the E.R. 5 times since my surgery. I had an infection a couple of days post out of the hospital and I'm sure that's what is wrong now. also I can not lift or bend my foot. I have had a knee replacement before so I can say that one was pleasant compared to what I'm going thru now. I'm not one to complain so this is hard for me. I'm just as educated as the doctor so and my time is just as valuable as his,so he needs to stop making his patients wait for hours. GREED is all I see. I noticed when I signed in for an appointment one day that he had 6 other patients in a 30 minute time slot. I use to work for over ten years as The Southern Regional Customer Relations and Sales Supervisor of Texaco Oil Co. and I do not know how he is in business! I was just thinking about how he must treat other patients bad and I couldn't be the only one. I looked at many web sites and the one's that say something good about him seemed fake. Like those fake Google Play App reviews...haha... most are afraid to say something, Nothing happens without change and if I loose my leg because it takes him two weeks or never to call me back, I will be contacting a lawyer. It's not fair, we pay him, and I am going to use my voice!

Not for everyone show details Not for everyone
by Mrs D on Mar 24th, 2015

Worst every,this doctor came highly recommend but in my case it became a nightmare.

Feb 8th, 2015

Dr. Vissers is a great doctor. The wait time is a little ridiculous but once he is in there, it is worth it. You realize why you waited those 2 hours because hes with his patients for a while, caring for them. His staff have always been nice to me. I get scheduled quickly and he is one of the very few doctors in Nashville that actually take tenncare. I recommend this dr.

by Rachel Smith on Sep 30th, 2014

Dr. Vissers is such a great dr. Yes you do have to wait for him, but he is well worth the wait. He is a top notch Dr.

Worse doctor ever show details Worse doctor ever
by Hurting and No help on Jun 4th, 2014

This man is a horrible sub human, no bedside manner and is as cold as a corpse. If you are looking for help, go somewhere else. This tool shouldn't even be practicing. He is a bad person and even worse. Doctor.

Apr 18th, 2014

Waited over 2 hrs to be seen. Staff were unprofessional in everyday and were very unorganized. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.very displeased.

Not impressed show details Not impressed
by Sharon Miller on Jun 19th, 2013

I could go on and on about my experience with Dr. Vissers and his staff. He is a nice guy and I am sure under the right situation he is a good doctor. The amount of time you are made to wait is ridiculous. He grossly overbooks then has very little time to visit with you. I cannot prove anything but am sure he rushed me into a surgery I did not need and wasn't prepared for. My knee is worse and a year later I am back in therapy. His staff is overworked and it shows in their rude demeanor. I asked for my medical records and 3 months later I don't have them. So so not happy. Seek out another doctor before trying him

Great DR. show details Great DR.
Oct 30th, 2012

Dr. vissers is an excellent doctor- he takes his time the patient- never in a rush. He really listens to you and works with you to help get you feeling great again and back on your feet.

Jun 27th, 2012

Though the wait will be lengthy, Dr. Vissers is my #1 choice in care. I wouldn't ever see anyone else. The staff can seem curt sometimes, but we all have a bad day every once and a while right? Dr. Vissers has always taken the time to answer my questions and even remembers non medical things about me. Which is impressive being the amount of patients he sees. Highly recommend Dr. Vissers!

be fair! show details be fair!
Jun 26th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Vissers for several years. Yes, there is a lengthy wait at his office but that's because he is one of the few orthopedic surgeons that accepts TennCare.

Jun 18th, 2012

Dr Visser is a nice person put don't take time with his pat. All the office care about is that you have insurance. Dr Vissers promise to fill out some papers for me than when it was I me to get them he LIES and has he now feels he can't do them. When the office schudles an appointment for you if them call back I had to sat in his office for 2 hours before I was seen. This is a doctor I will not recommend to anyone.Very displased.

he sucks show details he sucks
Jan 30th, 2012

i hate this doctor

Waited over 2 hours and then spent 3 minutes with him show details Waited over 2 hours and then spent 3 minutes with him
Jun 16th, 2011

I waited over 2 hours to see Dr. Vissers after showing on time. He finally saw me and spent a total of 3 minutes with me. He decided I needed an MRI and his staff would contact me with an appointment. I never heard from them, even after I called twice to speak with the lady who schedules those appointments. She was not available and never returned my calls. What irritated me most was I received a bill for $179. I found another doctor.

Apr 19th, 2011

This was my initial visit with Dr. Vissers. I waited just under 2 hours for the doctor. When I finally saw him, he was very nice, and said that I needed an MRI before he could go further, and his office would contact me with the MRI appointment. I never heard from them again, but I got the bill sent to my house. I spent about 2 minutes seeing the doctor. I have since obtained another doctor.

PERSONABLE DOC show details PERSONABLE DOC
Feb 3rd, 2011

SPENT THE TIME FOR A GREAT DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT. FOLLOWED UP PERSONALLY. WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE

Feb 23rd, 2010

One word horrible

Appointments show details Appointments
Nov 4th, 2009

When you have a appointment and you have 10 people that hasn't been seen that is just down right low down especially when your in pain and it seems like your staff members don't care when your appointment is or if your in pain you still have to wait until everyone in front of you has been seen .It's ridiclouis.

by SM on Oct 13th, 2009

I have been seeing Dr.Vissers for over a year for severe Knee pain. The only thing he ever does is give me knee injections. After a MRI he says I need surgery. I need the surgery but am scared he will make my knee worse and won't listen to my concerns about pain. It is to difficult to get an appointment and I often wait over a hour to see him. He seems to be a nice person.

Long Wait Time show details Long Wait Time
by Dee on Mar 5th, 2009

The staff is cordial, young; I had to call everyday for a week before getting an appt to see the doctor sooner; staff daily promised a call back but never followed through. He is nice enough but does not repond when problems occur; a problem to expect when in solo practice.

by darlene on Feb 25th, 2009

the staff are rushed and absent minded and the doctor seemed miffed when I asked to review my MRI (taken outside his office) and the Xrays taken in his office

Doctor that Refuses to Read Technician's Reports show details Doctor that Refuses to Read Technician's Reports
Sep 9th, 2008

I had an MRI done last year b/c of severe hip pain. I never received a full copy of the written report until yesterday. The report I got just had the technician's conclusion: labral tear. I asked Dr. Vissers what that meant, and he said that they put that on all the MRI's. That sounded fishy to me already. He gave me a cortozone shot, and scheduled me for another one. When I came for the second one, my insurance didn't cover it- which they didn't tell me. I had to pay for it out of pocket when I got a bill in the mail. I never went back. Now my records from that MRI have been retrieved in full, and they indicate labral tears in both hips, and "subnormal" organs. Why did he not investigate further? He wanted my money from the shots, and that is all he planned to do for me.