Dr. Christian Wessling MD Patient Reviews

December 21st, 2015
If you want a doctor who is conservative about ordering prescriptions & thinks holistically about your health Dr Wessling is great.

December 13th, 2015
needed a sick appointment for my son and it took 2 hours at the office

September 28th, 2015
My experience
Yes, I hate waiting! An hour to get there, an hour to get home and waiting over an hour. BUT, this doctor is highly intelligent and gets it right. I have an unusual genetic, not terrible, situation. It took him awhile. But, most doctors do not recognize this yet. So they would not test for it. He and Cindy straightened out my thyroid problem, too. He is not a chatty doctor. He is direct. The office staff has always been helpful. They do not have time to socialize. If you want a doctor who will tell you what you want to hear and an office staff who has the time to chat, keep looking. But if you want a doctor and a staff with which you can build a relationship, you might be satisfied.

September 22nd, 2015
It's about partnership
Dr. Wessling is an unusual physician--he has a sense of humor, which puts me at ease. He discusses options with me and makes recommendations, but leaves decisions to me (although he can be insistent). He truly makes me a partner in my health care.

June 15th, 2015
One of the best doctors around!!
Dr. Wessling is our primary care and family physician for the past 5 or so years. He is kind, open-minded. He treats each patient with respect in regards to any questions or suggestions we have for our own health care. His staff is second to none. They are also kind and courteous. I highly recommend Dr. Wessling.

March 9th, 2015
His staff is hard to reach by phone, they do not return calls promptly, and on more than 1 occasion they have returned the call with the wrong information. He is great...but the staff is not.

September 4th, 2014
Truly intelligent and kind!

September 2nd, 2013
I highly recommend Dr. Wessling
I cannot think of enough good things to say about Doctor Wessling. He is thoughtful. He has a caring attitude. And he truly listens to his patients. About a year ago, I came in with a book about a non traditional thyroid treatment. I underlined everything I thought was important. He treated me with respect. Dr. Wessling does not take the know it all attitude with his patients. He allows us to be co-creators in our health care decisions. That is very clear. So does Sean, his nurse practitioner. And Cindy is marvelous. I highly recommend him and his staff.

November 17th, 2012
Just the best
After 3 years with Dr. Wessling, my health has improved 100%. I feel well. He is attentive and listens to what I am saying before he proposes a solution. He is a very intelligent person who thinks outside of AMA. Now, I am able to garden, paint walls, stain decks and take care of other tasks. I am almost 70 years old. He has me on Armour thyroid (actually, Cindy suggested that change). I travel far to see either Dr. Wessling or Cindy who is a ND. The office staff is always calm and helpful. My wait has never been more than 5 minutes of the appointment time. If there is anything I would wish is that he would also have an office in Glen Carbon, Il.

July 30th, 2012
great doctor, poor office management
I waited 4 months to see Dr Wessling, loved him, but on f/u visit was left waiting for over an hour and left. I work in a doctor's office and to me that is inexcusable. Staff should recognize when the doctor is behind and call patients if they havent arrived or offer some explanation to those left waiting. Patients' time is just as valuable as the doctor's, that is just bad form.

June 30th, 2012
Love this place!!!
I am a doctor shopper in the sense that I view my doctor just as I view any other service or product I purchase. I am glad I have finally found an office that has a comfortable mix of approaches to the health and well being of my family..

June 20th, 2012
Best Doctor Ever!
I am not easily impressed. Dr. Wessling impresses me - he actually took out his iphone and googled something I mentioned. That is great when you have a Doctor willing to listen AND to investigate. I am extremely happy being his patient!