Dr. Christian York MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

November 9th, 2015
Dr. York is a really good Doctor and when you see him he takes his time answering any questions you have. You don't feel like he's rushing you because he has other patients. I feel comfortable there. Also, the staff is really nice and easy to talk to as well.

November 2nd, 2015
I wouldn't want any other doctor then Dr York and his office staff are amazing so friendly a great group of people.

August 12th, 2015
Meh
Dr. York came recommended as I was wanting a natural birth and a dr who would see things through from beginning to end- actually be there for the birth! In our initial interview, I explained these priorities and Dr. York assured me that he has a very good track record of being there for deliveries and barring something serious, he makes every effort to be there. I ended up transferring my care late in my pregnancy because my first dr. found out she would be out of town during my due date, so once again, Dr. York and I talked about the fact that I was very hopeful that this time I could have a dr. I knew deliver my baby. Well, when the time came, the nurse called Dr. York and he told her that since it was the weekend, he wouldn't be coming in. Wow! I was pretty surprised- not what I had expected after all the hype around his commitment and determination to see his patients through. I had left a dr I really trusted and liked because of this concern and didn't have any better luck with Dr. York. If I had it to do over again, I would have stayed with my first OB. Overall, his bedside manner is decent, his staff is cordial and he's good about follow up on tests during pregnancy. However, if having a dr. who prioritizes being there for the birth is important to you, I wouldn't hold my breath with Dr. York. Also, his appointment generally took about 2 hours because they were running so far behind.

April 16th, 2015
Best OBGYN
I highly recommend Dr. York, he cared so much for me during my pregnancy. Was very comfortable with him and his staff. They're very friendly always having a cheerful attitude and love how they get to know you personally. I like how when you call the office someone actually answers the phone and its not an automated voicemail and you have to wait "in line" to get a live person. All my questions were always answered. I would defiantly go to Dr. York BEST doctor and Staff in town!

April 15th, 2015
I would not recommend this dr. The whole office is related to each other and they talk bad when the door is shut. After I had a loss of pregnancy due to an ectopic pregnancy and I was looking for a new dr I never mentioned his name on the public forum he had the guts to tell me that he knew about the post. He left the room and I was shocked and knew I needed to find a new dr. Any time I talked about my baby he said no that all they saw in the ultrasound was a mass. Common that mass is my baby. Just over all bad experience.

April 7th, 2015
DO NOT GO HERE
Would not recommend dr. York to ANYONE. Very cold and uncaring.

February 28th, 2015
Dr. York and his staff are amazing! They are passionate, caring, and professional. I had Dr. York deliver both of my children. It was such a great experience that I would recommend him to anyone who needs an obgyn!

February 2nd, 2015
Very comforting,norturing provider.

January 8th, 2014
patient
I would describe Dr. York as friendly, cheerful, compassionate, upbeat, sensible, and experienced. I have appreciated both his ob and gyn care.

October 17th, 2013
Cared more about money than my baby
In my opinion Dr York and his staff cared more about the bottom line then my baby. They talked me into paying upfront for the whole pregnancy and when my baby didn't make it they are very uncaring and are extremely hostile when inquiring about getting my money back. I would not recommend Dr York and his staff to anyone.

July 12th, 2013
terrible birth experience
I really was comfortable and trusting of Dr. York before my delivery.He spent plenty of time answering my questions and reassuring me that my plan for a natural,unmedicated birth would be respected and that I would be informed and given a choice about any procedures or interventions at the hospital.I delivered my son naturally and rapidly but after the birth I felt that I was tortured.He reached inside of me multiple times to manually remove the placenta,did not give me any warning or offer any kind of pain relief and it was a horrible painful,brutal and violating procedure.Then after that he stitched up my multiple tears with very little numbing so that I could feel every stitch.When I told him that I felt absolute shock and horror at what he did and that I was very traumatized by the experience he told me that my reaction was extreme and that I should be thankful to have had a healthy baby and safe delivery.I am very upset and feel that Dr. York violated my patient rights and my trust and ruined what should have been a beautiful experience.

July 31st, 2012
It was important to me to have the same doctor (not a rotating team) throughout my pregnancy and delivery and Dr. York and his staff were absolutely wonderful! I was always able to reach someone (day or night) and no question was too small for Dr. York to answer. I always felt my opinions were respected and that I received all of my options in order to make the most informed decisions for my pregnancy and delivery.