Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

1.0

Worst Kp doc ever! show details Worst Kp doc ever!
Oct 7th, 2014

Been a Kaiser member for 25 years. I make an appointment for a new PCP. I pay $25. I show up ten minutes early and I am put in a room. 40-50 minutes later, Dr. Weng comes in for 5-10 minutes. She asks me no questions. Takes no history, relies entirely on a defective chart; fails to update even the Rx she's refilling. Doesn't even ask me about current meds, does & says nothing. When I finally suggest she prescribe what has worked for me in the past, she tosses a 4-page single-spaced Pain Management Agreement at me, without going over it or signing it herself. Doesn't give me a urine specimen cup either. When I ask her staff to call her back in the room, as I am waiting for the After-Visit Summary, she calls Security to escort me out of the entire building, because it is Friday afternoon and I am her last patient? It has now been 3 months since I received a billing statement for this visit & my lab results. [in apparent violation of Kaiser policy, these lab results have never been posted on My Health Manager, like all my other labs]. Weng billed my visit as a Level 4 [most expensive] when it should have been a Level 1 [least expensive]. She billed for more than the KP Estimated Charges Northern California 2014 list price , too. I was billed for multiple blood tests when no blood was drawn. The total bill for this one visit was $1346, which is more than my monthly premium of $1276! Weng has never tried to contact me to discuss my lab results. She ignored my request about screening me for stroke risk factors & esophageal cancer, which my parents died of, but keeps sending me reminders to get tested for breast & colon cancer, which have never occurred in my family. Most recently, I received a canned request, in her name, to make my "end-of-life plan" with Kaiser's Health Information dept. I am 58 years old & I have no chronic life-ending diseases yet. She doesn't want to take care of people; just get paid & not get fired.