Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Patient  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2014

Dr. Heck is an incredible doctor. She is the only neurologist that I would trust after visiting 2 doctors before finding her. She is excellent in diagnosing and describing treatment options., I can't say enough about the care she provides. I highly recommend her.

|  Great Dr, But Be prepared at USC  |  show details
by Me on Nov 19th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Heck after my meds stopped working. (Talking seizures) She is well informed, very helpful, and I went forth with surgery. Staff (Administration) Needs to be more patient friendly and professionalism. I would have expected more being it's USC, but I have had nothing but issues between rude comments, disability papers lost and placed in other patient charts, having to request my insurance to help with preauths (I have a ppo but needed something preauthorized, so I had to do it) Claims not followed up on (Again, I had to do) Dr. Heck however knows her stuff and I am glad I found her, She took her time with me, answered all my questions and concerns and then some. I just wish either it was elsewhere or USC was more patient friendly.

|  It Is My Opinion That Dr. Heck Cares More About Her Career Than Her Patients  |  show details
by shufani on Oct 12th, 2013

My daughter saw Dr. Heck for over two years, initially we were very impressed with her attentiveness ... but as my daughters epilepsy got worse it seemed that Dr. Heck became annoyed and uninterested in helping. In the end we found that my daughter had been misdiagnosed and on the wrong medications which only made the situation worse. It took almost two and a half years to get everything straightened out for my daughter. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone she's not as good as she thinks she is.

|  Top Neurology and Epilepsy Doctor in USA  |  show details
by Charles Epperson / Danielle Cruzen on Mar 27th, 2013

Top Neurology Doctor in World

|  Hope  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2012

She has given me hope again with her determination in finding out what is going on with me, and yet her empathy alongside her wonderful bedside manners was an excellent bonus for such a knowledgeable doctor. I recommend her highly!

|  Number 1 Doctor  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2012

An amazing smart and caring doctor,diagnosed the problem immediately when others had no clue.She knows what she is doing and we feel so comfortable with her.

|  Dr. Heck is rated one of the top Neurologist because SHE IS!!  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Heck for over 20 years. In one visit she was able to arrange the appropriate and necessary testing to pinpoint my seizure disorder and provide an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan that had evaded previous misdiagnosis from numerous Doctors in and out of her field. She continues to monitor me and works with other Doctors as needed to adjust medication to maintain stability as other medical problems arise. Dr. Heck and her staff are the single most efficient and friendly group of caregivers I have encountered throughout my lifetime. The only problem one might ever find is that sometimes appointments must be scheduled many months in advance, understandably, due to high demand and faculty responsibilities and continued education for cutting edge research and treatment that she is often directly responsible for developing. because Of the fact that she takes such care of each individual patient and

Sep 5th, 2011

Excellent Doctor with good followup.

Jul 22nd, 2011

One of the most compassionate MDs in a long list of specialists for this medical problem. Expertise was quite evident. She didn't end appt. until all questions were answered. Willing to work as team with patient and other MDs involved in case.

Mar 1st, 2011

The only real down side is that you can never talk to her but have to go through her staff who are for the most part, uncaring, ignorant and in two cases just plain rude.

|  Emergency Care  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2011

Did not call back after fall that resulted in head injury. Changed physican.

|  Inaccurate diagnosis, unavailable staff, and poor communication  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2010

Dr. Heck made decisions pertaining to my medical condition that were not evidenced-based. She made an inaccurate diagnosis based on a brief conversation which was misinterpreted. No tests were done and she did not review findings of previous doctors (which contradicted her diagnosis). She took action without consulting me, which severely impacted my quality of life and worsened my medical condition. She knowingly reported false information. Dr. Heck appears to have friendly bedside manner, but her actions demonstrate otherwise.Dr. Hecks staff is generally unavailable. When contacting her office, the answering machine is mostly reached. I nearly ran out of critical medication because her staff did not follow through in returning the calls of the pharmacy.If you are seeking a physician who can provide high quality care and patient-oriented, I would strongly advise against this physician.