Dr. Christie Mina MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

September 1st, 2016
I was diagnosed with glioblastoma, brain cancer. Dr. Mina was my surgeon. She was very compassionate and caring and I would definitely go back to her.

June 12th, 2016
I searched for a doctor I was comfortable with. My surgery was successful. Now having other issues and advised surgery could make it worse. I appreciate her honesty.

October 1st, 2015
Dr Mina helped me so much!
Very happy to get appointment, she was most definitely worth the wait. I had her undivided attention for history and exam. Her explanations of MRI results and options were specific and easy to understand. Her referral was made right away, and I now have a concrete plan.

March 17th, 2015
Dr. Mina is wonderful, considerate, and straight forward. A special place in our hearts.

December 26th, 2014
Not concerned w/finding cause of worsening/ongoing pain once she performed surgery which obviously failed

August 22nd, 2012
Deadly hospital and doctor
My poor husband was in ICU after three serious back surgeries in three days. It was time for his pain meds, but his night shift nurse said she was going to lunch and he could wait until she came back.He was in so much agonizing pain that he requested a Priest to perform Last Rites for him....as he was sure he was going to die right then from the pain. The Priest was so concerned for my husband he did perform the Last Rites for him.Now this was at St. Francis in Greenville, SC. But Mina says(similar to another poster) that this is her ship and she is it's Captain.Well, I'd make everyone of them walk the blank. Upon my expressing my and my husband's concerns to her nothing was done. And our expectations of receiving proper and timely care or medications in a timely fashion were dismissed.Think carefully about using this doctor and that hospital.

July 19th, 2012
I would not let this woman nor HER hospital(St. Francis), as she phrases it, even care for my dog.

June 11th, 2012
If you enjoy a rude bedside manner, waiting an hour for pain meds to be called in to nurses and hearing from her before your anesthesia kicks in that she has got to rush on your surgery, because someone else is in line behind you---then this is the demon for you.

May 5th, 2012
I have had problems with my lower back for several years, and was able to tolerate it up until the pain became uncontrollable more than seven months ago. She did not listen to me or my husband as to what problems I had been experiencing and informed me that I was having nerve pains and not back pains. My visits with her have been dragged out over months, without relief, and have been financially exhaustive. Seven+ months is long enough to be in excruciating pain. She wanted to perform a very invasive test that was unnecessary and potentially implant a device that costs over $100,000, not covered by insurance. The device is also very dangerous. After obtaining my records, I discovered she documented tests SHE DID NOT PERFORM. I received a second opinion from another neurosurgeon who was able to diagnose my condition accurately. I will not ever return to this physician or any physician in this practice.

September 23rd, 2011
THE BEST NEURO SURGEON IN THE STATE
Dr. mina is the very best of the best if you are going to have any type of neuro/back surgeries of any kind. the only thing i have to complain about is the wait time in her office for follow ups and assessment appts of any kind. (which is probably because everyone wants to go to her) other than that, i absolutely love Dr.Mina!!