Dr. Christina Di Maggio MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

December 14th, 2015
I love Dr DiMaggio and I wouldn't go to anyone else after her. She'd been my OBGNYN since 2010 when I first learned I was pregnant. She always listens and tried to help me best no matter the question!

October 28th, 2015
I have been seeing Dr. Dimaggio for about 8 years. I have had 3 babies under her care. Dr. Dimaggio is very matter-of-fact and to the point. I can see some people interpreting that as uncaring, but I appreciated it. I just delivered my third child under her care and I noticed a difference in her bedside manner. She took more time with me and always asked if I had questions and made it seem as though it would be fine if I did have questions and she would be willing to take the time to answer my questions. She seemed significantly more caring about me than she did with my prior two children (5 & 6 years earlier). The only downside to this was I did feel as though wait times were longer. (Although the practice had lost doctors and recently replaced them, so I would expect this will improve.) I had a scheduled c-section with my third child. I was fortunate enough to know a L&D nurse who used me as a trial for a "patient centered" c-section delivery using a clear drape so that my husband and I could see the birth. Dr. Dimaggio was completely on board with this and excited to do this. She also advocated to allow me to hold the baby immediately after his birth, which did happened and I was able to hold my new son, skin to skin, for an hour after he was delivered, the entire time we remained in the O.R. This was a trial for the hospital, so I don't know if this will become a standard option, but if it does, it appears as though Dr. Dimaggio would be supportive of this for mothers who were interested.

October 21st, 2015
I absolutely love Dr. DiMaggio! She and her staff treat me so well and I have had my share of gynecological issues. Dr. DiMaggio has been there for me and always follows up to make sure that I get my regular exams. They make a uncomfortable experience much easier to deal with and look out for my best interests.

November 5th, 2014
Terrible Way of Practicing, Rude Uncaring Dr., No, No!!!
Horrible doctor. First of all, my last year Pap Smear test result was not found. So I doubt if they got it tested or not. Secondly, I wanted her to feel a lump I found in my breast, she quickly and carelessly touched and said it was my rib----that was ridiculous. Thirdly, I had itch, pain and burn. So I wanted to get it checked and see if I have yeast or group B step infection again (since the previous years I always had these problems), but she refuse to do any test. I will never recommend her to any of my friends. I'll go back to see my previous doctor. Because Dr. Di Maggio's office was closer to my company, so I mistakenly went to see her. I will never never see her again. She is the worst Dr. I've ever seen. RUDE, UNCARING. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!

October 17th, 2014
Horrible doctor, found a lump in my breast went to see her, she said she couldn't feel it so there was no reason for me to get another mammogram, I could wait for another 6 months until my yearly screening. Went to my family doctor and she wrote me a script and guess what went for another mammogram and I do have a lump that is being biopsied now. She needs to be not practicing!

October 10th, 2014
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND, PLEASE READ
The entire office staff (with the exception of maybe 1-2 nurses) is so rude and condescending. Dr. DiMaggio makes you feel like your questions are stupid and is always in a hurry to be done with you. She lacks the patience to thoroughly explain medical terms and other things that you typically need or want from a gynecologist. The office staff is just so unbelievable with their comments, ie saying to me when calling about the results of my pregnancy test "well is this a pregnancy you would like to keep? Because that's all we deal with here". Furthermore, no one even called me to give me my pregnancy results, I had to call myself, twice!! I am speaking on behalf of others as well, my sister and 2 friends all see doctors at this office and have had similar experiences with the staff. Additionally, Tina, the receptionist is so rude and if you call her about anything it's like your burdening her to do her job. I have been going to this office for 10 years and I have just had enough. Though the office and atmosphere is very clean, there's got to be a a better option out there. I would not advise anyone to go here

June 27th, 2013
Wonderful
I LOVE Dr. Dimaggio. She is matter-of-fact and direct, but also kind. She explained things VERY clearly to me, both before surgery and afterward, and explained the biopsy results thoroughly. Her staff is warm, friendly, and helpful. When I called to ask further questions, I got a very punctual response, and she took time with me on the phone to explain the results further. My surgery went extremely well, and I was prepared ahead of time for what to expect. She is knowledgeable and and extremely competent surgeon; I am so glad to have been referred to her! I think she works well with patients who are educated and ask specific questions.

May 12th, 2013
Terrible Way of Practicing
I am absolutely disturbed by my last visit. I went in for a second appointment with Dr. Dimaggio to have an IUD inserted. I had no idea what to expect and she knew that I had not previously had a vaginal birth, thus never experiencing contractions. I found the experience incredibly painful and nearly passed out during and after. I vomited and experienced awful vertigo. I'm not even sure how I made it home. If I had been told what to expect, I would have asked someone to drive me, but there was never a conversation about what to expect so I figured it was no big deal. The doctor ran out immediately after and never even once explained what she was doing while she was doing it. The nurse was very concerned with my condition after and kept me in the office because I looked so bad. I can't imagine being so cold to someone as a physician. I'm finding it very difficult to find a good doctor in Michigan.

March 21st, 2013
Rude Uncaring Dr.
I had always thought Dr. DiMaggio was a little rude but I brushed it off. I had gone to her for annual exams for about three years before I became pregnant for the first time. She provided all my prenatal care but wasn't the doctor on call when I delivered. The morning after I had my son and was recovering in the hospital from a rough first time delivery, I see her walk by on duty and she didn't even come in to check on me and see how things went. I thought that was extremely rude. I went to her for my postpartum visit and never seen her again. There are a lot of OB's out there who actually care about their patients, this woman is not one of them.

October 11th, 2012
I went to Dr. Dimaggio for my first pre natal visit. I did not wait long but she was very rude. She did an ultrasound on me and waited 3-4 mnutes without saying a word to me, turned off the machine as she told me my babies didnt have a heart beat and I was carrying twins. No sooner did she sit down that sh etold me my options were D&C or natural. Didnt even explain to me what she was looking at (didnt let me see the screen on the ultrasound) and I had to ask her to see the pic of my babies and ask her how far they were befor ethey stopped growing. I wouldnt recommend her to my worst enemy. Well,actually I might because she is that rude. I got a second opinion from a high risk facility which was the best thing I ever did as they were more friendly and caring of the situation. They contacted her to get the ultrasound report and it turns out she did not even do one, which is illegal, considering that was how she diagnosed me. Straight forward and seemed knowledgeable. Bedside manner-poorer than poor

January 16th, 2012
No, No, and NO!
She put a bad taste in my mouth all around. I had a leap, and she didn't seem concerned that I didn't stop bleeding for weeks and weeks. when I call the office another doctor that was on call that night, said I need to come in right away. When I did she was rude any annoyed. And in the end when I had my final check up shed dint even examine me!

November 15th, 2011
I agree with the previous reviews. Dr. DiMaggio is very condescending and rude. I was having abnormal test results which were very scary to me and she treated me like I was an idiot and it was my fault I was sick. I would not recommend her to anyone.