Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

3.0

Dr. Edwads is a wonderful Perinatologist show details Dr. Edwads is a wonderful Perinatologist
by Charlene F on Jul 9th, 2015

Dr. Edwards is a wonderful Perinatologist. She cared for me two years ago, during a very difficult high-risk pregnancy. She is extremely knowledgeable and her staff is extremely compassionate and empathetic, due to the nature of the pregnancies they deal with all the time I'm sure. I lost that pregnancy in the beginning of 2014 and as much as someone can prepare you for something like that, Dr. Edwards prepared my husband and I to the best of her ability. When I became pregnant a few months later, I knew that I wanted to be under Dr. Edwards' care the second time around. Again, Dr. Edwards and her team were great. I gave birth to a healthy baby boy earlier this year, and I couldn't be happier. I was even fortunate enough to visit Dr. Edwards and her staff to say thank you in person. I would recommend Dr. Edwards to aaaaaall of my friends!! :)

by Jessica Eledge on Jun 30th, 2015

The worst experience of my life. Honestly not enough space to fit all of the crap she put us through. Not to mention the charges that show up on my Explanation of Benefits the day before the appointment. How can you charge me for something that hasn't even been done? Very cold doctor. Horrible bedside manner. Referred to my husband and mother, who were sitting in the room with me, as "these people." Don't ask her questions, as she won't answer them. She'll tell you to talk to you OB. Then why was I there? She told us our child had 30% chance of living a normal life, even if the test results came back negative. Again, what? She never followed up.....because she was never there. Long story short, my son is amazing and 100% living a "normal" life. Skip her office. Go to Dr. Thomas Lowe. Talk about amazing!!

My personal experience with Dr Edwards and her staff show details My personal experience with Dr Edwards and her staff
by Gloria C. on Mar 2nd, 2015

I don't even know where to begin. I am beyond grateful for all Dr Edwards has done for my family and I. Because of her my daughter and I are alive today. I was extremely high risk and Dr Edwards and Dr Laffineuse kept my family and I informed throughout the time that I was pregnant. On December 16th I was admitted to the hospital per Dr Edwards orders. This decision saved my life. 9 days later, on Christmas night, I hemorrhaged, losing 5 liters of blood, resulting in emergency surgery to save my life and the birth of my daughter. Dr Edwards decision to admit me is what saved my life. She is not only very professional, she is also a very personable and caring doctor. Traits that are seldom found in doctors now a days. I thank God for the group of doctors that were in charge of my care during this very difficult pregnancy. My family and I are forever grateful.

Unprofessional Office staff show details Unprofessional Office staff
Jan 6th, 2015

My negative review is not because of Dr Edwards, but because of the office staff; lets start with the waiting time: I went for three appointments and had to waith no less than 50 minutes, last time more than 1:20 and I noticed two women who came after me, got in before me. I asked the receptionist and she told me it was because of the position of their babies. I dont have a problem with that, but dont leave me just hanging there waiting, let me know the procedure before Im waiting for such a long time and dont give me an attitude when I ask nicely.

Dec 8th, 2014

Does not like answering questions, gets offended. Very cold and impersonal. The worst though is that she suggested I abort. I went to Dr. Lowe and now have healthy twin boys. Go to Dr. Lowe. Much more educated and knowledgeable doctor, not to mention better personality. Dr. Edwards scares the heck out of me. She was so impersonal after telling me my babies might die I had a panic attack and went into kind of a shock.

Great service show details Great service
by Crina F. on Oct 21st, 2014

Going to her office more than 7 months I had and have an amazing service from all staff and Dr.Christine F. Edwards ,filled with o lot professional manners ,very knowledgeable ,friendly and a lot of respect towards me. I will definitely recommend her to my friends and other people

Patient show details Patient
Sep 5th, 2014

Amazing amazing amazing, I can't say enough about Dr Edwards, in a nutshell we were referred to her last minute due to a complication with our pregnancy during a holiday and she saw us the same day right before closing. She thoroughly discussed all our options with us and showed such compassion and expertise that she made the situation very comfortable for us to understand and guided us the entire way. We are now proud parents of a beautiful and healthy 7 month old girl and would highly recommend anyone to see her. Her bedside manner was exceptional and her thoughtfulness for what obstacles we faced were greatly appreciated. Dr Edwards' care and attention to detail was what all doctors should provide to their patients. I know we will see her again when we have our next bundle of joy.

WONDERFUL Experience show details WONDERFUL Experience
by Sarah on Apr 20th, 2014

We LOVE Dr. Edwards. She is brilliant. She guided us through what could have been a scary situation. We highly recommend her.

High risk pregnancy show details High risk pregnancy
by Simone on Jun 26th, 2013

The doctors are all very friendly. Waiting time is minimal. They listen to your concerns.

Worst! show details Worst!
Jun 21st, 2013

Lets start with wait times that ALWAYS seem to exceed 1 hour . Then you get to meet the staff that have personalities of a fire hydrant. Lastly, the place is dirty! Onviously they don't clean anything there.

Happy New Mum show details Happy New Mum
Apr 11th, 2012

Dr. Edwards, Dr. Laffineuse and the Staff, gave me and my family excellent care over the past several months. Were grateful that our daughter arrived safe and sound and know that Dr. Edwards and her staff played a large role in this. Our baby is a total joy, and we look forward to introducing her to you all one day soon. All the best, A.J and A. H.

Feb 10th, 2012

I want to thank Dr. Edwards, Dr. Laffineuse ad staff for all your support and kindness throughout my pregnancy with the twins. I enjoyed spending time with all of you. I look each day at my precious babies and am so grateful for what we all worked so hard for.

Jan 27th, 2012

Dr. Edwards is wonderful doctor. However the girls that work at the front desk are horrible, they are extremely rude and unprofessional. They all need to be working at a job were they are not communicating with people, because there communication skills are the WORST! Thankfully there is a location in Boca Raton because I will NEVER go to the Coral Springs location again!

excellent service show details excellent service
Jan 22nd, 2012

the doctor was very direct about what needed to be done

Blessed show details Blessed
Nov 16th, 2011

Both my husband and I were so nervous when our OB sent us to see a specialist. I am happy he sent us to see Dr. Edwards and her staff. We were immediately put at ease. Dr. Edwards answered all my many questions plus additional questions from my husband and there were several. She was so attentive to both me and my husband. Everything turned out great with our baby girl but the months leading up to her birth were stress free because of Dr. Edwards and her wonderful staff. We are indeed blessed.

Wait Time is Unacceptable show details Wait Time is Unacceptable
Sep 23rd, 2011

Dr. Edwards is great unfortunately the waiting room time can be over an hour which makes for an overall poor experience!

Sep 20th, 2011

horrible experience every time I go. Now in the process of switching after complaining to my OB. Every time I have gone for an ultrasound it takes over an hour just to do the scan. Never had an ultrasound take that long. With multiple times being left in the room by myself in between doing the scan, uncomftorable scan the tech was very hard on my belly. Then every time I am there I see a different DR. Last time it was not good news but nothing was explained properly and did not offer to explain or give advice- needed to do research on my own. NOt very compassionate or caring. never got an official bill- everytime I am there they just tried to get random money from me rather then sending a bill. Waiting to go get a 2nd opinion on diagnosis of clubfoot. Never got a follow up call as said what happen for test results.

Sep 9th, 2011

I am forever grateful to Dr. Laffinuse and Dr. Edwards and staff - thank you so much for all you did for me when I was pregnant. I always felt welcome and comfortable every time I came to the office. Thank you so much! Lisa

Aug 16th, 2011

Very unproffesional Staff. the wait was ridiculous. I would never recommend this Doctor to anyone I know. Dr. Edwards was not very Pleasant or nice at all. very dry personality, and pushy about having Amniocentesis test done. People don't go there. trust me there are better offices out there.

Jun 9th, 2011

Terrible doctor! Horrible bedside manner. Refuses to answer questions and always says talk to your OB. Then why am i seeing her? All she wants is to get money from patients and insurance companies. I was hospitalized a few days before my appointment and she refused to discuss it with me. My OB and the ER doc told me to get her opinion on the reason and she said "ask your ob" Then I questioned why she wanted to do a certain test sh that day and she said I was wasting her time. She got paid didn't she ?I just got up and left at that point. She is a B###H! I hate using that word but in the case it applies. SI am going to take her advice though, and ask my OB to refer me to another specialist. Stay away from this monster!

Jun 5th, 2011

Not a nice woman, she is very abrubt, does not like to answer questions and if you question her about anything she wants to do she gets an attitude. I think she orders unnecessary tests to bill insurance companies. Her office is always full and seems like an assembly line. She told me an ultrasound said one thing, then I went to the ER a few days later the ultrasound showed everything was fine, at my appointment I tried to explain and she refused to listen to me and stated if I did not want to do what she wanted why was I there and wasting her time. No discussion at all her way now or get out. I have never had to complain about a doctor and I am very easy going but this experience was terrible.I think she either lied about the result to be able to order more tests or made a mistake and did not want to admit it. For someone that works with high risk pregnancies, she is not very understanding. Find another doctor who cares and listens and dont give anymore money to this horrible, uncaring, greedy, nasty,woman.

Extremely competent, just be sure you see her and not her partner show details Extremely competent, just be sure you see her and not her partner
Jun 10th, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Edwards's office by my OB. I also work in healthcare and am aware of Dr. Edwards's excellent reputation. She's tough, but, as a diabetic of 25 years, I knew that's what I'd need. Unfortunately, my first 7 months of my pregnancy I saw Dr. Edwards partner, Dr. Laffineuse and contemplated on multiple occasions switching practices. Dr. Laffineuse lacks knowledge, experience, and confidence. The only reason I didn't switch was because I wasn't have any problems. In the end of my pregnancy I ended up switching all of my appointments to ensure that I see Dr. Edwards. My care is becoming a little more complicated and I need to ensure that someone competent is takinc care of me. Dr. Edwards is knowledgeable, quick to follow up, and a pleasure to work with.

Long Waits, Poor Diagnosis Skills! show details Long Waits, Poor Diagnosis Skills!
by jm on Jun 9th, 2009

We were referred to Dr. Edwards from our ob/ gyn. She is very friendly however the wait to be seen in her office is obsecenely long. If often takes over an hour to even be seen by her assistant. Unfortunately the doctor will not hire another ultrasound tech. to reduce the wait. Furthermore, when I would go there she would not be able to see things all the time, and would ask me to come back for another visit so she could charge me again for another copay. I got tired of being "milked" by the doctor. Truthfully if she can not see things on the ultrasound I figured I needed to find a competent doctor that could.

She scared me out of my mind show details She scared me out of my mind
Jan 26th, 2009

I was not happy with my experiences with Dr. Edwards. I spent hours in her office getting snapshots from a sonogram only to find out that my baby had a cyst on her spine. I was told that this could possibly be life threatening or that it could cause her developmental issues if it did not go away on its own while she was in the womb. This terrified me. So when I went back for visit number two and enduring the same lengthly procedure of picture taking I was told the cyst was gone and I had nothing to worry about. After that I no longer went back even after making an appointment. I was not happy to be lead to believe that my daughter could have had physical and/or mental developmental issues due to a cyst that disappeared.