Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Extraordinary Doctor show details Extraordinary Doctor
Jul 21st, 2016

Dr. Edwards is just simply the best ever and her staff is amazing Annette, Jackie, Theresa ( just to name a few) . I have been going to Dr. Edwards for years and I have no complaints. I look forward to going into the office and be greeted with a beautiful smile. This year I gave birth to an adorable, healthy little girl. After years of getting pregnant which resulted in miscarriages and different surgeries, I finally was able to carry my daughter full term. Other Doctors turned me away when I seek help while others laugh at me. One doctor said that I am an"Obstetric Nightmare" but later apologized profusely. I never forgot the feeling at that moment and was appalled that a Doctor could be so insensitive. We never let that get us down, we remained positive and Dr Edwards helped through that phase of our life hence we are grateful. Dr Edwards ensured that I received the best care since I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Jackie helped me to change my eating habits and monitored my levels weekly. Annette is always available to address any questions or concerns. My husband asked a lot of questions and Dr. Edwards explained everything in detail and at one point did some research and provided her findings on our next visit. She is knowledgeable, patient and kind . Dr. Edwards has taken the best care of me over the years and for that we are grateful. She is our angel here on earth. I know God will continue to bless and keep her safe.

Positive experience show details Positive experience
Mar 10th, 2016

Dr. Edwards was excellent - warm, friendly, and great at explaining difficult concepts. At 35 weeks, my infant was shown to be at risk for low birth weight, and I saw Dr. Edwards weekly for follow-up. She and my OB proposed an induction at 39 weeks, and it turned out that my baby did indeed have low birth weight. Today at 6 months, she is thriving, but I credit that in large part to the compassionate professionals who helped my husband and me make the right decisions.

LOVE Dr. Edwards show details LOVE Dr. Edwards
by Michelle Baldwin on Mar 4th, 2016

I love Dr. Edwards. I had a high risk pregnancy because I was carrying twins so throughout my pregnancy I had to visit her. The first time I met her I said "I'm so glad you're Black.", to me that meant something. I never had to wait. I was picked in the order I came. I did have an incident about using double insurances that someone in the main office helped me with. It was a must for me to go back and show them the babies they helped develop. My babies are now 6 months! I will be sure to revisit when they are a year. I love them, very warming welcoming people.

Amazing, Honest and Intelligent show details Amazing, Honest and Intelligent
by Ruthann R. on Jan 4th, 2016

Dr. Edwards is amazing. She is honest, caring and brilliant. Her office has the best equipment with amazingly clear ultrasound machines. She is able to make you at ease by educating you about your condition and helps you to make informed decisions.

Dr. Edwads is a wonderful Perinatologist show details Dr. Edwads is a wonderful Perinatologist
by Charlene F on Jul 9th, 2015

Dr. Edwards is a wonderful Perinatologist. She cared for me two years ago, during a very difficult high-risk pregnancy. She is extremely knowledgeable and her staff is extremely compassionate and empathetic, due to the nature of the pregnancies they deal with all the time I'm sure. I lost that pregnancy in the beginning of 2014 and as much as someone can prepare you for something like that, Dr. Edwards prepared my husband and I to the best of her ability. When I became pregnant a few months later, I knew that I wanted to be under Dr. Edwards' care the second time around. Again, Dr. Edwards and her team were great. I gave birth to a healthy baby boy earlier this year, and I couldn't be happier. I was even fortunate enough to visit Dr. Edwards and her staff to say thank you in person. I would recommend Dr. Edwards to aaaaaall of my friends!! :)

Unprofessional Office staff show details Unprofessional Office staff
Jan 6th, 2015

My negative review is not because of Dr Edwards, but because of the office staff; lets start with the waiting time: I went for three appointments and had to waith no less than 50 minutes, last time more than 1:20 and I noticed two women who came after me, got in before me. I asked the receptionist and she told me it was because of the position of their babies. I dont have a problem with that, but dont leave me just hanging there waiting, let me know the procedure before Im waiting for such a long time and dont give me an attitude when I ask nicely.

Dec 8th, 2014

Does not like answering questions, gets offended. Very cold and impersonal. The worst though is that she suggested I abort. I went to Dr. Lowe and now have healthy twin boys. Go to Dr. Lowe. Much more educated and knowledgeable doctor, not to mention better personality. Dr. Edwards scares the heck out of me. She was so impersonal after telling me my babies might die I had a panic attack and went into kind of a shock.

Great service show details Great service
by Crina F. on Oct 21st, 2014

Going to her office more than 7 months I had and have an amazing service from all staff and Dr.Christine F. Edwards ,filled with o lot professional manners ,very knowledgeable ,friendly and a lot of respect towards me. I will definitely recommend her to my friends and other people

Patient show details Patient
Sep 5th, 2014

Amazing amazing amazing, I can't say enough about Dr Edwards, in a nutshell we were referred to her last minute due to a complication with our pregnancy during a holiday and she saw us the same day right before closing. She thoroughly discussed all our options with us and showed such compassion and expertise that she made the situation very comfortable for us to understand and guided us the entire way. We are now proud parents of a beautiful and healthy 7 month old girl and would highly recommend anyone to see her. Her bedside manner was exceptional and her thoughtfulness for what obstacles we faced were greatly appreciated. Dr Edwards' care and attention to detail was what all doctors should provide to their patients. I know we will see her again when we have our next bundle of joy.

WONDERFUL Experience show details WONDERFUL Experience
by Sarah on Apr 20th, 2014

We LOVE Dr. Edwards. She is brilliant. She guided us through what could have been a scary situation. We highly recommend her.

High risk pregnancy show details High risk pregnancy
by Simone on Jun 26th, 2013

The doctors are all very friendly. Waiting time is minimal. They listen to your concerns.

Worst! show details Worst!
Jun 21st, 2013

Lets start with wait times that ALWAYS seem to exceed 1 hour . Then you get to meet the staff that have personalities of a fire hydrant. Lastly, the place is dirty! Onviously they don't clean anything there.

Feb 10th, 2012

I want to thank Dr. Edwards, Dr. Laffineuse ad staff for all your support and kindness throughout my pregnancy with the twins. I enjoyed spending time with all of you. I look each day at my precious babies and am so grateful for what we all worked so hard for.

Jan 27th, 2012

Dr. Edwards is wonderful doctor. However the girls that work at the front desk are horrible, they are extremely rude and unprofessional. They all need to be working at a job were they are not communicating with people, because there communication skills are the WORST! Thankfully there is a location in Boca Raton because I will NEVER go to the Coral Springs location again!

excellent service show details excellent service
Jan 22nd, 2012

the doctor was very direct about what needed to be done

Blessed show details Blessed
Nov 16th, 2011

Both my husband and I were so nervous when our OB sent us to see a specialist. I am happy he sent us to see Dr. Edwards and her staff. We were immediately put at ease. Dr. Edwards answered all my many questions plus additional questions from my husband and there were several. She was so attentive to both me and my husband. Everything turned out great with our baby girl but the months leading up to her birth were stress free because of Dr. Edwards and her wonderful staff. We are indeed blessed.

Wait Time is Unacceptable show details Wait Time is Unacceptable
Sep 23rd, 2011

Dr. Edwards is great unfortunately the waiting room time can be over an hour which makes for an overall poor experience!

Sep 20th, 2011

horrible experience every time I go. Now in the process of switching after complaining to my OB. Every time I have gone for an ultrasound it takes over an hour just to do the scan. Never had an ultrasound take that long. With multiple times being left in the room by myself in between doing the scan, uncomftorable scan the tech was very hard on my belly. Then every time I am there I see a different DR. Last time it was not good news but nothing was explained properly and did not offer to explain or give advice- needed to do research on my own. NOt very compassionate or caring. never got an official bill- everytime I am there they just tried to get random money from me rather then sending a bill. Waiting to go get a 2nd opinion on diagnosis of clubfoot. Never got a follow up call as said what happen for test results.

Aug 16th, 2011

Very unproffesional Staff. the wait was ridiculous. I would never recommend this Doctor to anyone I know. Dr. Edwards was not very Pleasant or nice at all. very dry personality, and pushy about having Amniocentesis test done. People don't go there. trust me there are better offices out there.

Jun 5th, 2011

Not a nice woman, she is very abrubt, does not like to answer questions and if you question her about anything she wants to do she gets an attitude. I think she orders unnecessary tests to bill insurance companies. Her office is always full and seems like an assembly line. She told me an ultrasound said one thing, then I went to the ER a few days later the ultrasound showed everything was fine, at my appointment I tried to explain and she refused to listen to me and stated if I did not want to do what she wanted why was I there and wasting her time. No discussion at all her way now or get out. I have never had to complain about a doctor and I am very easy going but this experience was terrible.I think she either lied about the result to be able to order more tests or made a mistake and did not want to admit it. For someone that works with high risk pregnancies, she is not very understanding. Find another doctor who cares and listens and dont give anymore money to this horrible, uncaring, greedy, nasty,woman.

Long Waits, Poor Diagnosis Skills! show details Long Waits, Poor Diagnosis Skills!
by jm on Jun 9th, 2009

We were referred to Dr. Edwards from our ob/ gyn. She is very friendly however the wait to be seen in her office is obsecenely long. If often takes over an hour to even be seen by her assistant. Unfortunately the doctor will not hire another ultrasound tech. to reduce the wait. Furthermore, when I would go there she would not be able to see things all the time, and would ask me to come back for another visit so she could charge me again for another copay. I got tired of being "milked" by the doctor. Truthfully if she can not see things on the ultrasound I figured I needed to find a competent doctor that could.

She scared me out of my mind show details She scared me out of my mind
Jan 26th, 2009

I was not happy with my experiences with Dr. Edwards. I spent hours in her office getting snapshots from a sonogram only to find out that my baby had a cyst on her spine. I was told that this could possibly be life threatening or that it could cause her developmental issues if it did not go away on its own while she was in the womb. This terrified me. So when I went back for visit number two and enduring the same lengthly procedure of picture taking I was told the cyst was gone and I had nothing to worry about. After that I no longer went back even after making an appointment. I was not happy to be lead to believe that my daughter could have had physical and/or mental developmental issues due to a cyst that disappeared.