Overall Review

August 26th, 2016
What happened to your humility?
I went to dr. Carosella at a time when I was very ill during my pregnancy. She was amazing and helped get me back to where I am today but she's changed and not for the better. Over the past few years her mannerisms have gotten very cold and made me feel like I was wasting her time. When I mentioned to the nurse I was waiting for 50 minutes, dr. Carosella said "just so you know, people wait for me". I don't know about you but isn't that what appointments are for? To be seen at that time? Not an hour later and then no apology. She made me feel like I should have been graced by her presence. Unfortunately this showed me that my suspicions were right. She had taken a turn for the worse and I will be changing doctors. She has gotten too big in her mind and needs to find the humility that I saw years ago.

June 9th, 2015
Worst dr experience
Dr. Carosella recently sent me to the er from her office ( she called ems). Basically she thought I was going into cardiac arrest. It's been almost a week since that and no one has called me from her office. Do they even care if I lived or died? I was alone and in obvious distress. I'm a fairly young female (mid 30's). The er dismissed me after running a few tests. I get the" play it safe "and go to the er. But, what about the follow up? At this point I'm requesting my medical records from this practice and finding a new internist. I don't wish this experience on anyone else. Also dr Carosella kept running in and out of my exam room. She was seeing multiple patients at a time. She missed key components of my physical. What a waste of my time!

February 3rd, 2014
Patients beware!
I would rather go to a tribal witch doctor than back to Dr. Carosella. When I had a bronchial infection, she prescribed Levofloxacin, an antibiotic. After taking it for two days, I had a sudden tearing pain in my Achilles tendon while lying in bed. I checked the Internet and found an FDA warning that Levofloxacin ruptures tendons. The FDA also says that this risk is even greater for patients over 60 (I was 77 at the time) and that it should not be taken with corticosteroics (Dr. Carosella also prescribed prednisone, which is a corticosteroid). Now, 17 months later, I am still having trouble with that tendon. How can one doctor make so many dumb mistakes?

October 24th, 2012
Bad mistake
My mother was in the hospital with pneumonia. Dr. Carosella thought she was dying due to an earlier cancer diagnosis (she wasn't -- her cancer had been cured). She gave my mother a DNR to sign. My mother was almost blind at the time, and signed the agreement. I happened by later and got the DNR order reversed. That night my mother coded, and she would have died if I had not happened to visit the hospital and gotten the DNR order reversed. My mother got out of the hospital, did rehabilitation, and lived several more good years on her feet.

October 22nd, 2012
AL
In my experience, the best. She is careful, caring and communicative. She really can zero in on a diagnosis and treatment options with full explanations Even though I moved somewhat far away from her office I still keep her as my primary. That's the best endorsement I can give.

July 16th, 2012
The most intelligent diagnostician
Dr. Carosella is one the two best doctors I've ever met - she's very smart, energetic, and has a terrific bedside manner. She never nagged me in any way, but boy is she supportive. I commute by car for almost an hour to see her, and I'm not complaining. My only complaint is that her phone number is hard to find on the net, so don't misplace that business card. I'm glad the Westchester magazines have finally acknowledged her excellence and that she's now linked in, so I'll try there next.

June 6th, 2012
Caring, proactive and available! She is the best internist and I continue to refer to all my family!

May 24th, 2010
she nags. But in a good way.
After coming out of an emergency time in the hospital at Putnam. Dr. Carosella was the only one to notice a cyst on my Kidney on an ultrasound which no one, (Not my 3 doctors at the hospital) even mentioned and made me see a specialist. She could have saved my life. Does her job.

March 12th, 2010
Great Doctor
She's a great doctor - smart, funny and caring. She's also a nag - I'm a Type 2 Diabetic and if I don't go to see her when I should, she calls me.New offices at Bradhurst are clean comfortable and a touch cold.Staff is courteousm, friendly and professional