Dr. Christine Gupta MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 22nd, 2016
Hyperkinetic Gallbladder Removal
I am just over 24 hours post operation but Dr. Gupta's sense of urgency must not go unnoticed. I have been sick since July (surgery was 11-21-16). I have had the gamut of testing, seen specialist, been in and out of the hospital all with no answers. I strongly felt it was my gallbladder due to earning my PHD through Google (note sarsasm). Hyperkinetic Gallbladder is not something the medical community as a whole reconginzes in the US. Throught reading several medical journals from Canada, Europe, and spreaking to my father-in-law who is a doctor I'm Mexico I was convinced this was the issue. 3 of my cousins are doctors in the states and they kept saying my symptoms were consistant with gallbladder. The problem was the test showed healthy gallbladder minus a high ejection fraction. I went rogue from my GI specialist and referred myself to a general surgeon that was suggested to me because she had done some research on hyperkinetic gallbladder. I was given an appointment with 2 hours of my phone call. I explained I also has a rare heart condition which only had 8 confirm cases. During my 1 hour 45 minute drive Dr. Gupta read through my reports and looked up my rare heart condition the few test that were done at a different hospital I had copies of. Upon arrival she asked several questions helping her to rule out other issues (which I knew where she was going due to my research, the help of family, and my parents who are RNs). She agreed that I may have a hyperkinetic gallbladder but explained that there is little known about it so no real way to confirm. Also explained that upon removal there was a high chance that my gallbladder would look healthy and it would be a wait and see game (which I knew before going in). I was willing to take the risk. This was a Thursday and she apologized the soonest she coukd get me in was the following Monday, 4 shorts days after the appointment. I was thrilled it was so quick. Upon removal it became clear my gallbladder was indeed not healthy. Although I am just 24 hours post op. I feel so much better. She had a grest bedside manner, quickly respondRd to me, called to check on me the day before surgery to all if I had last minute questions or concerns, called to check on me the day after surgery to see how I was recovering and if I needed anything, and had her report to my primary care the next day who is affiliated with a different hospital. My parents and husband raved about how genuinely caring and concerned she was about me after surgery. Her OR staff was remarkable. I have a phobia of needles and her sweet anesthesiologist gave me valium and masked me down (put me to sleep with gas) before starting the IV. I can't begin to express how much I appreciated her urgency and genuine care and concern. She listened to my concerns and needs. She heard my pain and frustration. She saw my reconginzed my motivation through having reports in hand as well as cardiac release. She did not take offense by thinking I was being cocky but instead saw I was being proactive, educated, and a respobible patient by getting a second opinion and having all my documents in hand.

March 25th, 2016
Great Dr.!!!!
Had Gastric Bypass years ago with Dr.Gupta. then years later she went into her Surgery Practice and went back to her when I had a Hernia and she did a great job on that surgery so I continue to go back too her!!! Just had a colonoscopy and endoscope. I will continue to use Dr.Gupta for any further issues

September 17th, 2015
Excellent and skilled surgeon
Dr. Gupta removed my son's appendix. She did an excellent job, was very courteous, professional and skilled. She made us feel very comfortable and was willing to answer as many questions as we wanted to ask.

April 19th, 2013
Patient
Excellent surgeon. Excellent bedside manner & follow up. Very straight forward & to the point which I prefer. It's very hard to find all this in one Dr. I would send my children & best friends to her without a second thought!