Dr. Christine Horah DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Newark, DE

February 14th, 2017
Her older son who runs the office is a menace
Dr. Horah is wonderful but her son/office manager Luke is rude, condescending, emotionless, hateful person. He's threatened to withhold my prescriptions, medical information & access to the doctor if I didn't pay a copay I didn't owe. One minute he's joking with you, the next he's angry jerk. I stopped going to Dr. Horah after a decade because of him. I have very serious health issues & if I don't take my medication I will be hospitalized. Ince my afternoon appointment was randomly cancelled & I was completely out of a number of medications. I had a panic attack, scared I would end up in the hospital & he told me he didn't like the way I was acting & hung up on me. The next office visit I had, he refused to speak to me even though he's the person at the front desk. I was mortified in a room full of other patients as loudlyy proclaimed he wasn't dealing with me & walked away & left me standing there. I couldn't get to the doctor accept through him. I left the office without seeing Dr. Horah sobbing. Then he had the nerve to send me a bill for a misseb? appointment that he wouldn't let me keep. Is it my fault the only person that will employee someone like him is his mother? It's such a shame because I really loved Dr. Horah.

October 28th, 2016
My family has been going to Dr. Horah for 5+ years. She is a competent doctor but her staff (consisting of her 2 sons and husband) . One son is in desperate need customer service training. When a family member arrived for an appointment he was told by Dr. Horah's son he would have pay his copay (no problem) but then was told he had to also pay his deductible immediately or would not be seen. This was never indicated before. The patient proceeded to telephone his father as he didn't have over $100 with him. He was ordered to go outside the office to make the call. When his father asked to speak directly to Dr. Horah, her son told him "no, he could not speak to her." His father then asked when he could come to the office to speak with Dr. Horah and was told by her son " if he came up the police would be called." This action was unjustified as no one raised their voice, he just when asked to speak with the doctor. Her son is definitely in need of customer service training. I will not being going back to Dr. Horah, which is a shame.

August 13th, 2016
Engineer
Very personable, cares about what's going on, and also extremely careful about all issues, will check all references if needed, so no medical issues are mistaken since all are checked first. Very well trained by the best osteopathic school, including trained by my childhood doctor. I can't say enough about this college training, and also how well Dr. Horrah had done in her practice. I personally only pick DO.s for my doctors, from Dr Lewis (cardiology) to Dr Ember (the dr who did my ear tube surgery and vocal cord surgery for me) focusing on a Dr. of Osteopathy is the best thing you can do, since they focus on the whole body.

July 20th, 2016
Wonderful doctor
This truly is a "family" practice. A lot of the office staff are actually family members. I've been seeing Dr. Horah for a decade. She is absolutely fantastic. I have to go to the doctor more than the average person, & its refreshing to have a doctor that really knows me & is invested in my well being.

January 5th, 2016
A doctor that cares
She has excellent bedside manner and makes accurate diagnosis. However, what makes her stand out is that she takes time and acutally listens to you! That is a rare find in doctors these days. Also, I have always been able to be seen, rather quickly, for sick visits. Now the cons...You may have a longer wait than you'd like during a visit. (they do try to move things along) Also, it can be frustrating (multiple calls) to get a person on the phone to make an appoinment. (perhaps more telephone staff and/or a nurse line would help) Even with those few cons, I would not go anywhere else. She is awesome!

January 28th, 2013
Highly Recommend!
Dr. Horah is an excellent doctor who is professional, accurate, has a great bedside manner and is willing to spend as much time as the patient needs to answer any and all questions - a rarity these days!!!! She speaks to me as a patient, not at me and explains things so that I fully understand. So glad we have her in Newark! The wait time to see her can be a bit long, however, she generously takes walk-in's so you don't need an appointment.

November 5th, 2010
Needs new staff
Excellent physician plagued by inept staff. Impossible to reach by phone. Occasionally will respond to a fax request for an appointment. Has a professional answering service who will only take your phone number for a return call, which you seldom get. Dr. Horah is a caring and intelligent doctor who needs organization and management. Sadly, being a very good doctor in the examination room is only one part of what we've come to expect from our medical service providers.