Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Great doctor! show details Great doctor!
Jan 7th, 2015

Dr. Ladd is great! I've been seeing her since I was 18 and she delivered my first child. If I did not move town I'm sure I would see her until she retired. She is great! The office staff is always busy, which is like most doctor offices I've been too so I don't hold that against them.

Exceptional care show details Exceptional care
by Meredith B on Sep 9th, 2013

I've been seeing Dr. Ladd since 1997, when a friend recommended her to me. Her exams are gentle and respectful. She honored my desires for no-intervention births (twice), has been wonderfully easy to talk to about problems I've had (including cervical dysplasia, a uterine polyp, a breast cyst, a miscarriage, and a potential ductal carcinoma). I recommend her regularly. She is knowledgable. candid, and always makes time to listen and understand before making a recommendation. Her assistant (originally Melinda, now Nikki) is easy to reach and facilitates questions for Dr Ladd promptly and respectfully.

Highly recommend Dr Ladd show details Highly recommend Dr Ladd
by Erin Herzog on May 3rd, 2013

I've been coming to Dr. Ladd for over 15 years and I highly recommend her. I was referred to her from a friend of mine who is also still using her. Dr. Ladd is highly competent, friendly, thorough and fast. Even though no one loves to get a pelvic exam, I don't dread them because I know they will be painless and fast with Dr. Ladd. She made the delivery of my daughter in 2011 an absolute wonderful and stress-free experience. Her assistant, Nikki, has been with her as long as I can remember and Nikki is also friendly, compassionate and informed. You can't get better than Dr. Ladd.

Dr. Ladd show details Dr. Ladd
Jul 23rd, 2010

Dr. Ladd was my OBGYN from 1998 to November 2002. To make a long story short she is one of the most outstanding doctors that I have had as far as OBGYN doctors.

This GYN may be best suited for OB work only show details This GYN may be best suited for OB work only
by Mary on Sep 23rd, 2009

I saw Dr. Ladd for five years and always with the same complaint: severe pain prior to starting my period. She treated me with narcotic pain pills which is how I discovered I was allergic to all of them. In the interim I was seeing my older male internist who, once a year during my annual check up would say to me: It sounds like you have endometriosis . I've never been tested for that, was my response. Over a period of five years I saw Dr. Ladd who just couldn't grasp why I was having such severe pain. I mentioned what my Internist had said. She didn't think I 'had that.' Eventually the pain was unbearable and every 21 days for a 5 day duration. I told her I wanted a hysterectomy. Her response was that I needed a hysteroscopy first to see if anything was wrong. I was appalled that a diagnostic procedure existed that she had never discussed with me. Worse, she was writing prescriptions which weren't addressing the issue or helping me.After the procedure in MO BAP and back in her office she confirmed I had endometriosis while keeping her back to me as she paged through papers unable to face me. She talked for several minutes as I waited, wanting to hear what class it was. She never volunteered this information. I finally had to ask her and she said it was Class 1. Yeah, right, five years of pain and it was a class 1? I decided to have the hysterectomy since that (and menopause) cure the disease. She immediately brightened (because she was going to make some money?) and we scheduled the surgery. Two weeks later I was seeing another GYN for a second opinion. The new Doctor drew blood with the result that I was close to being menopausal and asked if I could hold out a few more months. I elected to do this. WHEW!Insult to injury was that Dr. Ladd's office refused to release my medical records to the new GYN because they had neglected to gather a CO-pay for my last visit and demanded I pay it before they forward my records.