Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Plastic Surgery Specialist, Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Lack of Professionalism  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Lepoudre’s office and was able to see her within an hour of making the appointment. The Nurses and Medical assistance were extremely nice and courteous. After meeting Dr. Lepoudre it quickly became very apparent to me why I was able to get an appointment to see her pretty much anytime I was available. Dr. Lepoudre was EXTREMELY condescending, smug and rude throughout my entire appointment. I don’t need my doctor to be my friend or even to have a good personality. However, I feel pretty strongly that when I am seen by a physician, particularly a specialist; that person should at the very least LISTEN to my concerns. I certainly do not feel it is appropriate for a physician to belittle me for my lack of knowledge regarding the reason I came to see them in the first place. Dr. Lepoudre repeatedly cut me off when answering her questions and told me I needed to “educate” myself. She proceeded to hand me a card with a website circled on it and told me to read brochures on this website. I was repeatedly reminded that she has been a doctor for 34 years and I felt that I was being talked down to because I am only 38. I didn’t go to her to get her qualifications or to be lectured about my lack of knowledge regarding my illness. I agree, I know very little about her area of expertise. It has generally been my experience that most physicians would rather not hear about my internet “education” during to an appointment. I understand. I don’t appreciate people coming to my place of business and telling me how to do my job. My issue is that Dr. Lepoudre asked me to describe my symptoms and then repeatedly cut me off, explaining that I needed to “educate” myself. I am NOT an otolaryngologist. I do not possess the knowledge base of an otolaryngologist. If I did, I wouldn’t have made the appointment with Dr. Lepoudre in the first place. This was my first (and hopefully only) interaction with Dr. Lepoudre. For all I know she was having a bad day and I became her target. While I do not possess the knowledge base of a physician, I do have extensive interviewing skills with a focus on assessment of non-verbal cues. I feel confident in assuming this is her typical demeanor. While I have no ill feelings towards Dr. Lepoudre, however I would certainly not recommend her to anyone. In my opinion, she could very likely miss a critical piece of information relating to a patient’s situation because of her constant need to interrupt people.

|  Worst visit ever!  |  show details
by Bridgette on Mar 12th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Lepoudre by my primary care physician after a round of antibiotics and nasal sprays did not affect my condition. I went to Dr. Lepoudre and she seemed to think I wanted a nose job. When I tried to tell her I am happy with the way my nose looks and that I am having a serious problem breathing that has not been helped by antibiotics she proceeded to tell me my nose was crooked and that it would just have to stay that way. I am 24 years old and female and I feel she thought I was just trying to find excuses "fix" as she so graciously put it "my crooked nose." If you are in need of surgery, my mom went to her and she was fantastic. If you have any other problem at all stay away from her! I went to the appointment incredibly excited to find out what might be wrong with me and literally left in tears because she didn't help me at. The solution provided to me was to go to the drugstore and buy the nose spray in the picture on the pamphlet, she never even looked in my nose with a scope!!! I have never been more disappointed or let down by a specialist, I would highly recommend selecting a different specialist.

|  Glad I Found Her  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2012

Dr. Lepoudre gave me so much information about what was ailing me and advice on how to deal with it in such a short time. It was a very educational visit and I was reassured that what was bothering me was quite manageable. Very personable, not at all condescending or patronizing. Wonderful doctor. I highly recommend her!

|  Dr. Lepoudre doesn't seem to care about her patients  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2012

Dr. Lepoudre diagnosed me with meniere's about three weeks ago after doing some tests on my ears. She then prescribed diuretics, steroids, allergy pills and nasal spray. I took the meds for three days before passing out because the diuretics made me so dizzy I couldn't stand. They also made me sweat profusely, made my node run constantly, caused me to feel nauseous and vomit and also caused me to feel disoriented and have severe difficulty concentrating. All of these symptoms nearly caused me to lose my job as a therapist. I told Dr. L about my symptoms and she did NoT suggest any alternative medications. Instead she told me to just take the diuretics when I'm not working. I explained to her that when I'm not at my office I'm at home working and I need to be able to focus to do so. She just repeated again to find time to take them. I told her that if rather lose my hearing in the affected ear than be so sick that I end up losin my job and she didn't seem to care. She was very forceful with getting me to take the meds and didn't even think of considering alternative treatments. Considering the amount of botox she had had, my guess she is getting kick backs from drug companies. To top it all off, she showed no empathy and no concern for how I felt. She just said, "you should be happy you still have your hearing Because I have other patients who are deaf".. Gee thanks, I guess I should not care that I'm so dizzy that I can't drive, read, or even sit up right most of the time. She is a terrible doctor who appears to be concerned with making money and that is it. I'm never going back to her again. I'll find someone who cares about my experience and is willing to find alternative treatments that I can tolerate.

|  Deviated semptom, rhino plasty surgery and chemical peel  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2011

Dr. LePoudre did a wonderful job on my surgery. I can finally breath, my nose is straighter and my skin is the best it has ever been. She also sells skin products that are amazing. Her office is easy to get to and her staff is very friendly.

|  Fantastic experience with this office and doctor  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2011

Doctor LePoudre did a peri-thyroid removal surgery on me and the experience was fantastic, she has a wonderful team of nurses and assistants alongside her and they did their best to keep me at ease. The office in Novi is professional and clean and patients are treated well. I had a great experience and would recommend Dr LePoudre to anyone needing ENT help.

|  Top notch practice!  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2011

So frequently now we see physicians and practices that forget to treat the patient as a person and treat them as a number, this was not the case here. I found Dr. Lepoudre to be attentive, personal and empathetic. She listened to my concerns, no matter how long winded I got, and made me feel like she really cared. Not to mention how quick I was seen, and for a specialist, thats impressive alone!

|  show details
Jul 19th, 2011

Ive NEVER had such a great, comfortable and professional experience than I did with Dr Lepoudre. From the time I walked into the office and was greated by a very friendly front person to the time I walked out. The Nurses were absolutley comforting, funny and most of all compationate. As for Dr lepoudre, she is the only doctor Ive ever met that actually sat douwn to talk to me face-to-face. Most doctors sit with a computer on there lap and have no personal interest with you. Not with doctor Lepoudre. She spent atleast 40 minutes with me helping me understand my medical condition and feel comfortable with my diagnosis. I would recommend her to my family in a hearbeat.

|  Not for children  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2011

Spent far more time talking to her resident than to us. Looked at my 14 month old for maybe 30 seconds, and then told us to go watch a video and schedule his surgery. No discussion of options, no asking if we had questions. I immediately scheduled a second opinion with a different practice and am much happier.

|  show details
Mar 14th, 2011

Wonderful physician. I would highly recommend her. She took excellent care of me.

|  Not for children  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2011

Seemed to have no skills in dealing with a 15 month old - was annoyed that he wouldn't sit very still for her 10 second exam. Just looked in his ears and sayed "mm hmm, so let the nurse show you the video on ear tube surgery". No other explanation. Did not explain what she saw, what was going on, what our options were.

|  She was awful  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2010

First, I sat in the examination room for literally 45 minutes while she shared dog stories with the pharmaceutical rep was there. So, I sat there fuming as she wasted my time. I was there for treatment of a bloody nose. She came in, looked at my nose for 10 seconds with a light, and suggested surgery. Surgery as a first step? When I said I wanted to explore other options, such as cauterization or topical treatments, she argued with me. She even whined and said "C'mon, give me a chance." It was startlingly unprofessional and I wanted to get out of there ASAP. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. You will regret it. I read the other reviews and it all makes sense to me. She is terrible.

|  Jeanette Kurnik  |  show details
by Jeanette Kurnik on Sep 3rd, 2009

My son had his adenoids and tonsils removed by this doctor. Ten days after the surgery he had a MAJOR bleeding episode (vomiting large volumes of blood) and needed to be rushed to the hospital. He required a second surgery. We contacted Dr. LePoudre's office and told them what happened. Her staff indicated that she would want to talk with us. SHE NEVER FOLLOWED UP with us.

|  Money is more important then then help the sick  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2009