Dr. Christine Cheng MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 2 reviews

April 4th, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr. Cheng's for almost 4 years now. My mother has also been a patient of her's for almost a year now. Initially, she struck me as stern and overly serious. I was almost afraid to ask her questions. But after a few meetings with her, I realized that she takes her job very seriously, is very professional, and intelligent. I am a third year medical student, and I must say, her reasoning behind her choice of treatments often surprise me in a good way. She brings up really good points that I have never even heard of from other physicians I have done rotations with. It really goes to show how smart she is and that she goes beyond the books when it comes to treating her patients. It may be hard to get a smile out of her, but I would rather put my life in the hands of a responsible and brilliant doctor than a giggly one that does not reason her diagnoses through. I usually see her for minor issues, and she usually spends about 15-20 minutes with me. According to her staff at the front desk, Dr. Cheng constantly stays overtime because she is spends so much time with some patients. My mother sometimes complains that Dr. Cheng spends too much time asking questions regarding her health. But I think that's great! Since I am training in the field, I understand how hard it is to get a detailed and accurate medical history from patients. It shows that she will spend more time with the patients that truly need it. I have no issue with her spending 15-20 minutes with me since I know my issues are minor (eg. annual PE, seasonal allergies, etc) versus issues patients like my mom have (hypertension, high cholesterol, depression, etc). Also, she is great with returning phone calls. Aside of being so stern and serious all the time, I think she's great and I would definitely recommend her.

April 11th, 2010
rude, bad attitude, avoid her