Dr. Christine Masterson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 27th, 2016
Does not follow up test results
I know she has good reviews and that was the reason why we chose Dr. Masterson. She is soft-spoken and has great bed-side manners, but it ends there. I had one visit with her which went well. However she was not on top of the test results. The test results were delayed. I had to call 2-3 times to finally get the test results. My hemoglobin dropped 8.9 and she did not even bother to prescribe iron. When I questioned why my blood test results were delayed for 8 days she said she was waiting for genetic tests because I may have Thalassemia. I had to correct her that there is no indication of thalassemia in my test results since the hemoglobin electrophoresis was normal. I had to literally tell her to prescribe me iron. I had spent 2 hours in CVS since her office messed up the prescription. She told me I have a UTI (enterococcus) and prescribed me antibiotic which I pick up from pharmacy. Luckily, I saw another doctor where I work and was confirmed that I do not have UTI and that enterococcus was a common skin contaminant and should not take the antibiotic she prescribed. She did the triple first trimester testing and the blood results set in St. Barnabas for 2 weeks, no phone call from anyone. When I went to St. Barnabas for nuchal translucency ultrasound and genetic counseling at my 12 week pregnancy I was told the blood results were extremely abnormal and I have a 1:8 chance of having a baby with Down syndrome. We had to rush and to invasive placenta biopsy since I was already at week 12 to do genetic testing. Needless to say I will be seeing another OBGYN. I would have given her zero star I could.

October 1st, 2015
highly recommend Dr.m she's very caring and actually cares about your well being ...took her time to explain everything .. Very gentle .. If you need an OBGYN she's def the one

August 23rd, 2013
Very Good
I will not go to any other doctor besides this one. The staff at this institution sucks and I have no idea where half of them crawled out of, but that's not her fault. Amazing bedside manner and actually listens to patients. Was worth waiting 3 months for an appointment (partially my own fault due to my work schedule). She's booked for a reason though. You cannot get better care from any other obgyn in this state.

March 21st, 2012
I am a recent new patient. I made an appointment for an annual exam and had to wait 3 months. I have been told that for emergencies or general appointments the wait is not long at all. My appointment was 6:30. I was a little early and seen right away. The nurse got my vitals and gave me a gown and a paper to cover myself with which is much more than I usually am given. I waited maybe 3 minutes before Dr. Masterson came in. She went through my history and asked several questions. There is a history of Ovarian cancer in my family and she asked about that and discussed early screening for myself etc. The exam was very gentle and as comfortable as that sort of thing can be. I was done in 10 minutes. Some may think that was too quick for their taste and not enough adequate time was spent. I felt that she asked questions that if I felt I need to discuss she would have discussed them. Since everything other than the cancer history was clear and discussed, I was in and out and on my way. I also had no post cramping or bleeding like I've had in the past with an annual exam.

June 13th, 2011
mrs. c lorenzo
good overall but could spend more time with patient

April 15th, 2008
Watch out for this Doctor
I recently moved to NJ and made an appointment with Dr. Masterson for my yearly exam. My appointment was set for 2:30. I arrived early and completed my paperwork. The receptionist was very friendly and the office appeared clean and orderly. I was quickly called back into a room. The nurse asked what medicines I was on, took my weight and blood pressure, and asked for my height. She then had me put on a gown to wait for the doctor. Forty minutes later, Dr. Masterson arrived (3:10). I was in my car at 3:20. No joke! Dr. Masterson came in - keep in mind this is the first time I've been in to see her - and took a pap smear, pressed my breasts and ovaries, and sent me on my way. She did NOT get a complete medical history. She did NOT ask for a history of family members with cancer. She did NOT spend any time on my exam. When I asked her about the HPV vaccine, she gave me false information (as verified by the FDA website.) I've been getting exams for about 12 years, and I have never had a physician spend so little time with me. I read reviews and researched her background before selecting her for my appointment. That is why I am writing this review, for those of you who check up on physicians before selecting them. She may be wonderful to her ongoing patients, but I STRONGLY recommend that new patients look elsewhere.