Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Does anyone work there  |  show details
by Rick R on Jul 10th, 2013

I have tried to follow up on test results after getting my Thyroid removed for cancer. The receptionists constantly put you on hold and if your lucky enough to speak live to one they dont have and cannot get the answers. Then they scheduel appointments for follow up procedures without asking your availability and when you call to ask them questions that they cant answer on any prep that needs to be done they cant answer and rescheduel without asking availability again. Most frustrating experience I have ever encountered with a Doctors office

|  WORST DOCTOR'S VISIT EVER!!!!!  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2012

I almost never write reviews, but this story had to be shared. I am disgusted with this doctor. This is a long review but it's WORTH READING!!!I went to see her because my hair was falling out and I felt terrible---fatigue, pain, migraines, and rapid hair loss. As a 33-year-old woman, this was very upsetting. Dr. McLaughlin stepped into the room, took one look at me, and her mind was made up. She thought I was making it up. The way she treated me was despicable.She said, "so, you THINK your hair is falling out, is that it? Are you AWARE that we all lose hair every day? Did you know that?" She condescendingly asked me such stupid questions, insulting my intelligence AND my suffering. I told her I had extremely thick hair to begin with, and I knew I wasn't bald at this point, but I KNOW MY OWN HAIR! It was falling out by the handful! She scoffed at me and walked out of the room. Then a nurse came in and told me we were doing "some blood tests." I asked what was being tested, and she said "A whole bunch of 'em." This is the kind of detail you can expect from the office.Three weeks went by, and after leaving 4 messages, I finally got through to someone and got the test results. The RECEPTIONIST gave me the results, because, in her words, "The doctor only follows up with a patient if she thinks it's important." After giving me the results, she said the recommendation was to get an MRI to check for a tumor. THAT apparently is not IMPORTANT enough for the doctor to take 5 minutes of her time to discuss with me. None of my follow-up questions could be answered, because I was talking to a receptionist. ON TOP OF THAT, they billed me through the insurance I had 5 years ago, instead of using the card I gave them, and 8 months later I got a $1029.00 bill for a blood test. I don't even know yet if this can be resolved. So here I am at 34, almost BALD. The amount of hair that falls out in the shower fills my entire hand. I look sickly and feel awful. Thanks for everything, Christine. You don't deserve to hold a medical license if this is your idea of treatment.

|  Stay clear of this Dr. if you want to stay alive  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2012

Dr.McLaughlin has about as much caring for her patients as a dead ant. She treated my elderly mother with total disrespect and cared NOTHING about her diabetes. The whole visit consisted of her going in and out of the room or taking phone calls. I was disgusted. Get your loved ones to Joslin Clinic for their diabetes - run as fast as you can away from this doctor.

|  Not very communicative  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2011

Just like the other review, it's never easy to get any answer from this office. I tried to call for lab result knowing that the result is back and it has been 5 days (3 business days). Called everyday but all I got is the doctor is busy and doesn't have a chance to review the result.

|  show details
Oct 10th, 2011

Dr. McLaughlin is very knowledgeable and attentive. She answered my questions/concerns, and provided appropriate follow-up. I trust her competence, and approach to treatment.

|  Rigid, Impatient and dismiBadssive  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2011

The worst bedside manner I have ever encountered. She just can't be bothered to listen, and can't rush out fast enough. She displayed impatience just short of contempt. Why bother being a doctor? Find another profession, please. How she can be the head of the department at any hospital is beyond me (maybe seniority?)

|  Very Incommunicative  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2011

I have a very hard time getting the office staff or Dr. McLaughlin to return my calls regarding lab results and concerns regarding recurrence of symptoms.

|  Very Happy Patient  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2011

I'm a relatively new patient to Dr. McLaughlin. I've found both her and her staff to be fantastic. No complaints with getting an appointment, her treatment or her staff. Very positive interactions.

|  Has no time for patients; Assistant is dismissive of patients  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2010

McLaughlin always seemed like she wanted to give me the bum's rush out the door. When you call, you always talk to her assistant Nicole, who never wants to spend the time to answer your questions. Most recently, I had an important question about some lab test results, and she treated me dismissively. Worse, when I mentioned one entirely reasonable but worrisome possible interpretation of certain results, she responded that I was being crazy. Shortly thereafter I called to speak to Dr. McLaughlin about a completely different question, and McLaughlin refused to talk to me.