Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  show details
Oct 16th, 2013

The staff at this office is horrendous! Always a long wait time on the telephone and they are not the nicest people either. They are the forefront of the company so they should be a tad bit more professional.

|  Great Doctor. Wouldn't go anywhere else  |  show details
by Sarah p on Aug 11th, 2013

I went to Dr Melgar after seeing another gyn for about 5 years. The difference was remarkable. I know doctors are busy and I had a lot of questions but she answered every one of them and still called me after the visit to go over my test results and reassure me. My previous doctor never took the time to do that. I haven't had a baby yet but when i do get pregnant I am hoping to have Dr Melgar deliver me. I can't imagine going anywhere else now.

|  Not a good place  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2012

I will never go too any of these Dr's at Bayside again. Dr. Melgar totally ignored me when i was trying to tell her i was suffering with perimenopause. I was 45 years old and she just kept saying no you're not, you're too young for menopause, while waving her hand at me walking out the room, because she seemed to be to BUSY to listen to or help a patient. Sure enough i was in perimenopause and now in menopause. She and the other DR's didn't know what to do with a women suffering with menopause. I don't know..maybe they are good if your pregnant. But i will NEVER GO to any of them again! I am still paying them off and they call me threatening to put me in collection thing for the money, instead of reminding me that i need an annual pap, mamo, gyno exam. So dissappointing to be ignored when you're suffering.

|  poor excuse for a doctor  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2012

i had heard horror stories about Dr Melgar, but still went to the practice because the other doctors, especially Dr Herzog are wonderful. I only met with her once before i went into labor and at that visit, while i was 7 mos pregnant she informed me that i should go on weight watchers because i was too fat. unfortunately for me, when i went into labor, she was the dr on call. she took one look at me and told me i would have a c-section because my baby was too big; all before even coming to my bedside. even though i was dilating pretty quickly she pushed pitocin on me and told me if i refused then i would surely get a c-section. my baby came out so fast and then spent a day in the NICU because her lungs were full of fluid. this was my 3rd delivery and it was the most miserable, disappointing, traumatic experience all thanks to Dr Melgar. when i complained to her staff, i was told i'm not the only one unhappy with her. so her staff knows she's horrible, but no one puts her in her place.

|  show details
Sep 21st, 2011

It took me a long time to find Dr. Melgar but I'm glad i did. I was unsure about the HPV vaccine. My precious doctor couldn't be bothered and just said if i didn't want it he wasn't going to try and convince me. Dr. Melgar took a lot of time to explain to me how it worked and what the real facts were. I wish someone else had done this for me sooner.

|  Not a fan  |  show details
May 24th, 2011

I cant speak about this doctors competence level but I can say that she is not someone I felt comfortable with at all. She barely answered my questions and actually seemed annoyed that I was asking questions. If you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant and you are looking for someone who is sensitive and caring, look elsewhere.