Dr. Christine Nygaard MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

December 1st, 2016
Unprofessional staff, and be ready to pay for a revision because her surgical skills are lacking

December 1st, 2016

March 29th, 2016
I saw Dr. Nygaard for a consult to discuss Breast reduction. I saw another surgeon several years ago and decided not to proceed at the time. Still suffering I decided it's time to move ahead. Based on Insurnace criteria, I won't be able to obtain coverage, but I'm moving ahead anyway. Dr. Nygaard is awesome. Consult was informative and relived my fears. Can't wait to be on the other side of recovery.

March 23rd, 2016
Found My Surgeon!
I am in the process of "interviewing" surgeons for a procedure I plan to have performed in May, and have finally found my surgeon! Dr. Nygaard (and her entire staff) are absolutely amazing. She came highly recommended to me by my PCP, my kids pediatrician and the hospital staff at our recent trip to the ER, and my recent consultation solidified my decision to move ahead with surgery. I definitely did my research, and found a review posted from another patient that seemed out of place, but something I wanted to ask at my consultation. This review suggested that the office collects a consultation fee, but won't apply it to the procedure. It also suggests that the office was very persistent about collecting a deposit. I'm not sure where this person got that impression. I saw 7 surgeons in the Bellevue area - ALL of them charge a consultation fee of $50-125 for the consult. at most offices, the doc spent maybe 15 minutes with me. Not Dr. Nygaard! She spent over an hour with me! To have that amount of time with the doctor who is going to "cut into me", I have no issue with paying a consult fee ($75 with Dr. Nygaard). If you decide to schedule, the consult fee is most definitely applied to your surgical expense. Every office I went to had the same policy - you pay a consult fee, and most (not all) apply it to the procedure cost if you schedule. The quote given at the end of the consult outlines the surgical fees, and notes the other potential expenses with surgery. When and if you are ready to schedule, you pay a deposit of 25% of your surgery cost (just the surgeon not the anesthesia), and you pay the balance at the preop. They are flexible with payment method and have several options for financing if you need it. Their office does have a cancellation policy - as does every other plastic surgeon I met with - you can cancel surgery for any reason up to 30 days before hand and get a refund. based on the other review I read, I specifically asked about options to reschedule in the event of emergency - no problem! For those of you who haven't had surgery before, be prepared to pay a deposit. Even with insurance coverage on planned procedures, most hospitals will collect a deposit of surgical fees. Elective surgery (like plastic surgery) usually requires a deposit of 10-50% to be paid to the provider before you can hold time on the schedule. Once I scheduled my surgery, I got a call from the office staff to inform me what pre-surgical tests will be needed. They even took care of calling my PCP and OBGYN to get my lab and mammogram report. I had some abnormal lab work not long ago - Dr. Nygaard personally spoke to my PCP to line up the care I would receive and pre-surgery workup to ensure my care is a "team effort". Office staff are knowledgeable, friendly and professional. This is exactly the type of team you want to have with your "life in their hands" so to speak! Looking forward to my results and my improved look!

March 4th, 2016
Wonderful results.
Had a really great experience with Dr. Nygaard. My breast aug turned better than expected. Thank you thank you thank you

February 29th, 2016
Repeat performance
I've had a total of 3 procedures done by Dr. Nygaard over the past 2 1/2 years, one insurance reduction and two cosmetic procedures. While I am in my early 50's I find that the procedures that the Doc has performed on me are the greatest gifts that I have ever received in my life. She is the and artist and her work reflects her skill set. I have always found her to be a "real" person - not some high and mighty professional. She will do a great job for you, I recommend it.

January 13th, 2016
Great Consult
Dr. Nygaard and her staff were great during my consult. I have been to 2 others but I know she will be doing my reduction. She is very straight forward and very good at providing the information that I needed. Much more detail that the others that I saw.

November 16th, 2015
5 star and counting
D. Nygaard: Thank you for having an educated and compassionate and helpful staff. You and your staff are very skilled and making the patient feel comfortable in the surgical process. I couldn't believe you gave me your home and cell number so I could call if need be. I can't thank you enough for all that you did for me

October 15th, 2015
Dr Nygaard is just wonderful!
The warmest most detail oriented doc I have ever been involved with in my life. She took wonderful care of me before and after my tummy tuck. And her staff is just super!

August 12th, 2015
Simply the best
She is simply the best. I feel better about myself that anytime in my life and I owe it all to Dr. Nygaard

May 3rd, 2015
Dr Nygaard did my neck lift and upper and lower eyelids. I got raves from people who knew me, and strangers. A coworker, who had been a nurse for a cosmetic surgeon in San Francisco said I had the best outcome she'd ever seen, and she went to Dr. Nygaard the next summer to get her eyes done.

January 31st, 2015
Dr.Nygaard. THE BEST!!
I just love Dr.Nygaard. I was recomended to her by a friend of mine and I am so glad that I made that apt to go see her. Dr. Nygaard is the most caring, warming, comforting and compassionate person!! I cannot tell you what a great person she is and what great experience and life changing this has been for me! I cannot thank her enough for the wonderful work she has done! A life saver, her work has change my whole attitude about myself! I just love her and all her staff. I would diffinitely encourage anyone who is considering a procedure to please go see her first, I guarantee you will love her too!! I have had a tummy tuck, and came back to her for a mastopexy, Augmentation , and breast implants. I love her work and I know you will too!