Overall Review

3.8

July 16th, 2016
Exceptional
She is very caring and knowledgeable. She spends time with me.

August 26th, 2013
awful experience
After seeing four different doctors, none of them able to explain the pain I had been having for about 3 years, I decided to check out Dr. O'Connor. She didn't seem very personable. She also wouldn't allow my fiance to come in to the exam room, even though this was an issue regarding the both of us. She asked me a few questions regarding my pain. After telling her that my last four pap smears had come back with normal results, she said she wanted to do a pap test anyway. She did that and also a swab test. She also gave me a sample of a Nuva Ring to try out. I made an appointment for a month later for a follow up. A few days later someone called me saying that my swab test revealed that I had a yeast infection. Um what? I have had yeast infections before and I did NOT feel like I had one. But they informed me that they called in a prescription so I tried it. After taking it for the full seven days I still felt the same. No one ever called me about my pap results. Upon returning to my follow up appointment, Dr. O'Connor asked me how I felt and I said exactly the same. She asked me if the gel had helped me. What gel??? She told me that she had prescribed me a gel at our last appointment. I don't remember her mentioning any gel to me, and when I picked up my yeast infection prescription, the pharmacy didn't inform me that I had any other prescriptions available, which they always do. Then she asked me if I had brought the list of previous prescriptions that I had tried. WHAT!? She had never asked me to do this, It was as if she thought I was a completely different patient. I felt completely embarrassed because she made me feel as if I was the one that was crazy for not remembering any of this. Finally, after getting no where she said, "Well, what do you want me to do?" I want you to fix me! You're the doctor! I eventually just gave up. She told me she would call in a prescription for a probiotic that would help with yeast infections... I did ask her if I could have a prescription for the Nuva Ring, and she said she had called in a prescription for one after our last appointment. I was unaware of this as well. Apparently so was the pharmacy. I went in later to pick up my Nuva Ring and they said they didn't have any prescriptions waiting for me. They looked into it and discovered that my prescription for the probiotic was the only thing called in, but was at the wrong pharmacy. This means that she had never called in a prescription for this gel I didn't know about, never called in a prescription for the Nuva Ring, and called in a prescription I don't even really need at the WRONG pharmacy. I am completely appalled by Dr. O'Connor and I will never return. I urge you to do your research before seeing a doctor. I wasted my time and money with Dr. O'Connor, especially after seeing that she has very poor patient reviews.

August 24th, 2013
Unusual call
Dr. O'Connor was nice in the office; however, I was referred for a diagnostic mammogram that triggered a biopsy. The following week her administrator called me: "I am just checking in to make sure you are aware that you have breast cancer". I had been informed of the diagnosis by the radiologist who did the procedure. I answered: "Yes, I am, but I would expect Dr. O'Connor to make this call". Never allow your office staff to submit "bad news".

March 7th, 2012
Personable, Straightforward Doctor
I've been seeing Dr. O'Connor for a few years. I like that she's pretty straightforward and I feel comfortable asking her questions. Unfortunately I will probably stop seeing her at Mercy due to the ridiculous facilities fee the hospital charges.

November 1st, 2011
Didn't Believe me.
I kept having pain, and kept telling her. She continued to write me off, telling me it was nothing. After three months and many appointments she finally asked "well, do you want to look into the pain" Yes of course! then when she did find something in the Ultra sound, she wanted me to wait a whole month for my MRI. Three months after first going to her i found out i have a baseball size tumor on my ovary. I went to a new doctor as GBMC and he was horrified about how long it too for this to be found. Because she didn't listen to me and help me, the mass grew up to 13 cm and they had to not only take it out but also my ovary and tube. If you do not feel comfortable, go to another doctor, and always request what you feel you need.

September 22nd, 2011
Deplorable
Dr O'Connor's office calls in the wrong prescription about 75% of the time, which I never find out until I get to the pharmacy. Today, I found out that she did the same thing with my mailorder pharmacy. The drug is not returnable. Her office also doesn't follow basic hygiene procedures. She grabbed the bottom of a dusty lamp and then attempted to give me an exam without changing her gloves. She is also terrible about giving her patients choices when it comes to their healthcare and she's poorly informed about treatment options. She told me to try an over the counter drug and then couldn't tell me what was in it or how it worked. I don't know how she has any patients left.

September 22nd, 2011
Truly awful
Dr O'Connor's (Vergara was her married name) office calls in the wrong prescription about 75% of the time, which I never find out until I get to the pharmacy. Today, I found out that she did the same thing with my mailorder pharmacy. The drug is not returnable. Her office also doesn't follow basic hygiene procedures. She grabbed the bottom of a dusty lamp and then attempted to give me an exam without changing her gloves. She is also terrible about giving her patients choices when it comes to their healthcare and she's poorly informed about treatment options. She told me to try an over the counter drug and then couldn't tell me what was in it or how it worked. I don't know how she has any patients left.

June 10th, 2011
Caring, competant doctor
Dr. O'Connor has been my physician for the past five years. I am VERY picky about doctors and, truth be told, mistrustful of the medical professions. She has assuaged all of my fears. She takes her time (as much as the insurance companies will allow, which is really not enough) and makes sure she answers my questions. I had her put in an IUD, and she's been excellent at helping me deal with the side effects and making sure that it's placed correctly and all that.I hope she sticks around, because I know I'd be hard pressed to find such a warm and funny but astute and dilligent gynocologist.