Dr. Christine Saroian, MD
Psychiatrist

by Cynthia Ford on Sep 25th, 2014

We live in a small town quite a long ways from Dr. S. I've been seeing her for several years, and she always works with me to make appts convenient for me, in conjunction with other reasons I have to be in the S.D. area. Her diagnostic and listening skills are wonderful. But the greatest thing for me has been her ability to determine which medications are most beneficial for me. She stays up to date and keeps refining what works best. The staff question is n/a. Unbelievably, she is a one-man show and handles everything herself. Love her!

Beyond Rude! show details Beyond Rude!
by NT on Jul 23rd, 2014

I have never met or heard of a physician who was so rude and unprofessional as Dr. Saroian. I was diagnosed with a serious medical condition which is exacerbated by anxiety. I waited 50 minutes patiently at her office while she was with a patient only to ask her to approve a generic form of my lexapro prescription. (I don't currently have medical insurance so need to go with the generic form of all medications.) I asked her if I could have a minute of her time and mentioned that I have a medical condition. She instantly cut me off and practically shouted at me that "she doesn't care, I need an appointment". I can't believe how she spoke to me, especially since she's a psychiatrist (not that it matters). I would advise anyone to NOT see this psychiatrist. This isn't the first time she's been rude to me. She seems to flip a switch and snaps. She needs to take some of the medication she prescribes her patients.

Mean show details Mean
Jan 5th, 2012

Too pushy. Does not listen.

Warm, competent and professional show details Warm, competent and professional
Jan 1st, 2012

I was very happy with the treatment provided by Dr. Saroian.She was attentive, concerned, and able to pinpoint my issues and address them directly.

Jun 23rd, 2011

I had to wait three weeks to get an appt with her, but she was worth the wait!She was very thorough and spent a lot of time with me. She was very knowledgable and I felt like I was in good hands.

May 5th, 2011

I always feel attacked and criticized after a visit with her.