inactive

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

March 13th, 2015
She is one of the best Doctors I have seen through out my life. At my age there's been quite a few, but since in Fl she's the best

February 20th, 2015
TERMINATED- RUDE STAFF
I had a very positive first impression of Dr. Torres. The staff seemed adequate. The second time I visited- Dr. Torres was sick as a dog- could barely sit up. I have an auto-immune disease, so did not appreciate coming in for a well-visit and being exposed to her germs. The third appointment was a NIGHTMARE! The person that answered to phone to make a precription refill request could not have been more rude. She told me that she was certain that the "Provider" (this is how they refer to their doctors) would not refill an Rx that I had been taking routinely for my BP for many years (as if it was up to her). She then was so rude that I asked to speak to the office manager. After a LONG wait on the phone, the Manager comes to the phone and she is even more rude than the first person! She actually hung up on me! This was a Friday, and I already had an appointment to see Dr. Torres on Monday. I arrive for the appointment, and after a LONG wait, they put me in a room. This was a blessing, because there was a woman. literally hitting her kids with fists closed right in front of the receptionist! The older woman next to me looks at me and asks "what should we do?". We both shrugged in disbelief. I wanted to call DCF. The office staff went about their business as if nothing was unusual although the mom kept hitting the kids and they were screaming. When it finally came time to see the Doctor, Dr. Torres does not come in. A PA came in- and I actually loved her. She commented about the out of control kids and mom- also in disbelief. (As a Marketing professional, I wondered why they didn't put the woman in a room right away.) I liked the PA so much that I was re-considering my decision to never go back to that practice. However, they made my decision for me. Without ever discussing my experience, the Doctors sent me a CERTIFIED LETTER the following day telling me that I was TERMINATED from this practice. I am 62 years old, and I have never, ever had such an experience. What a sad situation- these good Doctors have not done themselves any favors by having such a rude and unprofessional staff. They should find out what the patient experience is like. They apparently don't care.

January 10th, 2015
I have been seeing Dr. Torres for many years and I have been very happy with her and most of her staff. Unfortunately, since I changed insurance plans I can no longer see her.

September 26th, 2014
Not Good
I saw the dr assistant almost every time I went to this office. Front office staff was very rude, you would have to wait for them to open the window (tells you not to knock). The dr assistant would ask me what was wrong and never touch me to examine me. Even asked if I wanted to go up on my mg of meds. Worst dr office ever!

August 6th, 2014
So glad I found her
Excellent attention to medical issues--thorough explanation of her recommendation . What more could you ask for!

July 28th, 2014
Wait time is HORRENDOUS. Every visit has lasted over 2 hours waiting and maybe 15 min with the provider. Find another place and save yourself the time. Today I had an appnt scheduled at 2:50, it is 3:33 and Iam still waiting

March 18th, 2014
patient sister
Both drs. in the Apollo Beach office are great. However, their office staff and the policies regarding refills, etc. are ridiculous. My sister received a certified letter notifying her that they will no longer care for her because she missed a well checkup visit in February. She was seen the prior week for a problem and asked the staff to cancel her appt. for well check up. It was not cancelled and now they just send a letter and refuse to see her again - after 16 years of being their patient. My sister is a heart transplant patient and needs a primary doctor, this is unforgiveable and unethical. They seem to be slightly arrogant and the staff is lazy and uncaring.

November 14th, 2012
Long wait
Dr was rude.

September 7th, 2012
RUDEST STAFF EVERY ENCOUNTERED
Absolutely miserable people on staff to have to deal with, both on telephone and in person. Both doctors should apologize to patients for their staff's behaviour. This doctor, among other things, is sloppy with drug interactions when prescribing. Billing staff miscodes everything the doctor orders but office visits for insurance payments and their arbitrary decisions are final and not open to explanation! Enough!

July 17th, 2012
Dr. Torres' rules in her office are unethical and hard core. Her staff is completely incompetent and rude and I will be reporting her to the Medical Bureau. Having been there a month prior and refilled my RX's, they were lost in the mail to my drug provider. She refused to issue duplicates and wanted me to come in for another office visit to get replacement RX's. She could easily have faxed them to my drug plan. Shame on her for letting such rules be in place and shame on her for hiring such awful, lazy, rude office staff.

May 2nd, 2012
Awful staff
Office staff did not put my new apt time in the computer. When I took off work and showed up they said my apt was not until Monday, but they would try to squeeze me in. After an hour or waiting I saw the dr. She was friendly enough, but when I indicated I had not had sexual activity I was shocked to see I was billed for a pregnancy test. When I called to question they were rude and could not explain why it was done. Just awful.

May 1st, 2012
Love this doctor, she is sharp and diagnosis problems readily. speaks fluent spanish. Wonderful bedside manner, easy to talk to. Thank you