Dr. Christopher Ahmad MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

August 20th, 2015
Dr. Ahmad is an excellent Dr. If you want the very best, he is!! He performed 3 surgeries for my son all athletic injuries. My son recovered 100% and was able to return to baseball, and is currently playing in college.

June 13th, 2015
The man is an exceptional doctor whose decency exceeds his extraordinary skill as a surgeon. PA, nurse, all involved are top rate.

March 20th, 2014
Total flexability with my NEW shoulder
I was 73 years young when I had a total shoulder replacement operation by Dr Ahmad. Prior to the operation I was not able to raise my left arm above my left shoulder for the last 16 years.This was because I had no cartilage and bone rubbing on bone in my shoulder. I visited with Dr Ahmad about 1 year before I had the operation. At that time he said he could give me a new shoulder. Well,it took me 1 year to build up enough courage to have the operation.The operation went smoothly and now I tell myself I should have done this years ago.One day after the operation I started to use an Ice machine for 5 hours a day for 3 weeks. I did not take any pain pills after the second day of the operation. I credit this to the amazing,and wonderful procedures that Dr Ahmad uses.I had 4 months of physical therapy,3 times a week at Churchill Therapy in Teaneck,NJ. Today,5 months after the operation I'm happy to say that my operated shoulder is as good as my other shoulder with regard to range of motion and strength. In my opinion you should have no fear of a shoulder replacement operation if Dr Ahmad is doing the operation.Dr Ahmad is a kind,nice person with wonderful operating skills.My tennis serve has improved and my platform tennis game has also improved,because now I can use my left arm.Whenever friends ask about my shoulder it gives me a chance to brag about Dr Ahmad. Dr Ahmad proformed the unimagineable for me.

March 20th, 2014
Dr. Ahmad Solved a problem other doctors could not
It's been two years since I've had my elbow surgery with Dr Ahmad. I had a situation where bone spurs, and other bone growth eliminated my ability to rotate my lower right arm. Went to 3 doctors who told me that this was a case of degenerative arthritis and not much could be done but to take anti-inflamatories. After meeting with Dr.Ahmad, he was convinced he could help ease the ripping pain I had in my elbow and that he had done surgeries in the past like the one he was proposing to me; which is why he thought that I would be a good candidate for a successful result . He removed enough abnormal bone growth to fill a small cup and after relentless pt, some good follow up visit advise, an acute bout of bursitis for overdoing the weight lifting, I'm happy to say that I have better rotation and range in my elbow than before my surgery without pain. I'm a kick-box and fitness instructor; I went to Dr Ahmad because of his reputation treating elite athletes and his understanding that I wanted to get back to the kind of performance I expected to have being in the fitness industry. dr. Ahmad is the real deal and don't believe all that Arod crap...

August 19th, 2013
Excellent, Professional and a sweetheart
Not happy to say that I have had several surgeries and medical problems, in my life that have warranted me to see my share of Doctors. I have been treated by average nice doctors and brilliant obnoxious doctors and one who was just a plain arrogant fool, I was simply amazed when I met Dr.Ahmad his reputation is magnificent and his clientele is on the famous side, but Dr. Ahmad treats all his patients with the same professionalism, sweetness and he makes everyone feels special. He operated on my shoulder and his comforting voice was the first I heard when I woke up from surgery. He is a great MD and an awesome gentleman, definitely recommend him.

February 14th, 2013
Wonderful Doctor
I was able to get an appointment very quickly for my daughter, and was given a choice of locations to suit me. Dr Ahmad was recommended by a friend who had had several surgeries with him. Dr Ahmad was able to diagnose within minutes my daughters knee problem, after many visits to other Orthopedists. He operated on her knee and did a fantastic job! She is healing nicely and looking forward to returning to Sports. He is such a caring Dr with his patients. He spent time explaining the procedure and making sure my daughter was relaxed and reassured. He also has a wonderful team who were courteous and informative and always willing to help us, making the whole procedure seamless.

May 16th, 2012
Amazing doctor
I was referred to Dr. Ahmad by another orthopedist (friend) for a ruptured bicep. He is an excellent doctor and a brilliant surgeon. He really cares and except for the location, Columbia is a perfect facility. For an elbow problem there is no one else to see in NY. And he is the Yankees doc too!

May 19th, 2011
DR AHMAD WAS WONDERFUL !!!

July 11th, 2009
Tommy John surgery
I had a great experience with Dr Ahmad and my surgery was perfect.He is a very caring and honest doctor who takes his time for his patients.

May 27th, 2008
Best Knee Doctor around!
I brought a mess of a knee to Dr. Ahmad, which had been mis-diagnosed not once but twice following an accident falling off a ladder. My ACL was ruptured (for the second time) and my meniscus severely compromised owing to many previous surgeries and meniscus removals. Not only did he immediately spot the problem on the MRI I ordered the previous doctor(s) to run (and they had missed) but he had me in surgery within a month - he would have had me in earlier but was working with my schedule. Throughout my entire experience he was nothing short of amazing and I have seen at least eight orthopedists for my knee in the past 25 years (and I am still under 50!).

January 26th, 2008
Knee surgury
Dr Ahmad performed an operation on my son no other surgeon wanted to touch because of his age and possible damage to growth plates. 1 year post op, my son is walking, running, playing football, and hockey as if is his tibial eminence/acl damage never existed.