Dr. Christopher Aiken, MD
Psychiatrist
Video profile

Outstanding Doctor! show details Outstanding Doctor!
Feb 24th, 2015

This doctor, while not taking so much the role of a psychotherapist, has definitely made a difference in my life. He is by far one of the most intelligent and compassionate doctors I have had treat me. I do not want to feel "interrogated" like some other psychiatrists have made me feel. I have never felt like some number on a piece of paper that is simply sent a computer generated statement without a care in the world. His office does mail bills - but he and his staff are extremely compassionate and helpful and caring! His appointments are generally shorter and more focused on the medical aspects of psychiatry but he briefly covers psychology as well - even though he offers therapy at the same location (but does not personally give the counseling sessions to my knowledge). I think that for trauma where a patient can be "rebuilding" may benefit from the way he schedules appointments rather than excessive therapy appointments which can be in the long term possibly good, but we all know that in the long term it's not in a psychiatrist's office that one is healed. Dr. Aiken seems to encourage patients to live their lives healthier, happier, and recover in a positive light. To me, he clearly seems to care about the patient's wishes as well (& integrates them as much as he can). I have always been treated with dignity and respect by this doctor and his staff. I do not believe I could have possibly found better than the care I have received under Dr. Aiken! Thank you! =).

Disappointed show details Disappointed
Dec 17th, 2014

Dr. Aiken diagnosed me and wrote me a prescription. He was only concerned with drugging me and getting me out the door as soon as possible. He never mentioned cognitive behavioral therapy (just as important if not more important than medication in my case), supplements, diet, sleep, light therapy, support groups, alternative therapies, genetic testing, etc. His bedside manner was poor. He made me feel like I was wasting his time. I sincerely hope he treats other people better than he treated me. I'm sorry I wasted my time and money.

Thorough, knowledgeable, compassionate show details Thorough, knowledgeable, compassionate
Aug 31st, 2014

Dr. Aiken did not just focus on meds but spent time to help me understand my diagnosis and helped me learn what I can do on my own to help recover. He is very knowledgeable and compassionate. He uses a lot of rating scales and is very thorough – this paid off in the end as it helped identify meds that I needed and helped me get off the ones I didn’t.

Kind, caring, and compassionate - Chris B. Aiken show details Kind, caring, and compassionate - Chris B. Aiken
by Rita G. Livengood on Jun 26th, 2014

With kindness, caring, compassion, and a monitored and accurate regime of medications, Dr. Aiken has increased my quality of life from a 1 to 10.

Jan 13th, 2014

dangerous!! recommended something that could interact with something else I take does not listen with side effect issues and if your'e sensitive to drugs does not take that into consideration very soft spoken but its a show I think

A winner show details A winner
Mar 29th, 2010

Young, smart, knowledgeable. Up on the latest findings, uses a variety of modalities, including nutrition, light, therapy. He now has a new office building and a staff of Physician's Assitant, nurse and counselors.

Highly recommended show details Highly recommended
by Doing Great on Feb 10th, 2009

Dr. Aiken is fairly young (30s) and very up to date on the latest treatments, medications, etc. His training was at Yale and Duke and he is just plain smart. He is open to using many treatment modalities, such as light, mindfulness, nutrition.

Recommended show details Recommended
by Citysearch User on Nov 12th, 2005 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Aiken has a gentle manner that makes people feel comfortable. He is as knowledgable in his field as they come. He sets a plan for your...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com