A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Christopher Barrilleaux:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Christopher Barrilleaux, Gastroenterologist is Poor.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Barrilleaux
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Barrilleaux Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Christopher Barrilleaux, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Chronic Hepatitis C
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Ultrasonic Endoscopy (EUS)
Education & Awards
Dr. Barrilleaux graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Barrilleaux has 4 hospital affiliations:
- East Jefferson General Hospital
- River Parishes Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Christopher Nissen Barrilleaux MD is a male Internist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Christopher N. Barrilleaux practice?
- Dr. Christopher Barrilleaux has 2 office locations.
Dr. Christopher Barrilleaux practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Metairie, LA.
See Metairie Internists and Metairie Gastroenterologists.