Dr. Christopher Buchanan Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Christopher Buchanan?

I wouldn't go anywhere else!

Posted on March 31st, 2016

I've Dr. Buchanan for about 8 years now. I have had trouble with kidney stones. He has the best bedside manner and truly cares about his patients. I drive 2.5 hours one way just to see him. I wouldn't go anywhere else!

Kidney tone

Posted on July 28th, 2015

Courteous staff, prompt appointment the same day I called. I had a bad kidney stone and Dr Buchanan scheduled me for the procedure the next day. After the procedure he called to check on me himself. Recovered well.

Very good doc

Posted on July 3rd, 2015

Though we did see Dr. Buchanan's PA before the surgery, we found her to be very professional and helpful. Dr. Buchanan is very personable and did a great job with surgery. He returned my call today when I had a concern. HE...not his PA. I appreciated that. We have a urologist in FW but will use Dr. Buchanan right here in Granbury from now on.

Terrible

Posted on June 26th, 2015

USMD participating urologist practicing in Granbury (Hood County) Texas. You only see the Dr. if you are a new patient. Subsequent visits are with the PA who is condescending, cold, and possesses the bedside manner of a rock. IF you require a procedure, indeed Dr. Buchanan does the procedure, however, I had a problem with Dr. Buchanan refusing to see me PRIOR to the scheduled procedure so that I could ask HIM DIRECTLY questions, etc. I changed doctors, very happy with new urologist.

Cannot recommend

Posted on February 18th, 2015

Previously Brazos Urology Clinic, at which time visits, treatment, etc., were satisfactory, uneventful, prompt, courtesy, and one-on-one with physician. However, Dr. Buchanan has joined USMD|UANT, and since that time scheduling is a nightmare, done through a central telephone number that at times has very, VERY long (30+ minutes) hold time. All calls for messages/contact must go through a main number, which contributes to miscommunication and break down in overall patient care, to include test results, and any convo with nurse or office. It is my understanding Dr. Buchanan's now has a policy that established patients see his PA and only "new" patients initially see him personally. PA "acts through physician", thus, at least for Medicare, charges are the same as if visit was with physician. One appointment in particular, upon entering physician's office restroom to render urine sample, witnessed urine sample sitting in restroom left by a previous patient. This renders THAT patient's sample more or less contaminated, and leaves ZERO confidence that my own would be handled much better. Will not see this physician again unless these matters are addressed. IF other physicians with this network, USMD|UANT, adhere to these same practices, I will not see them either.

Posted on April 18th, 2014

excellent care received for a kidney stone.

Posted on September 25th, 2017